Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
TurtleKing

Walking to PL Magic Shop

Sorry if this already has been mentioned, but I wanted to post this before I forgot about it like I always do. Anyways, when coming out of Portland Cave with the white stone exit if you click on map to go to the magic shop in Portland, instead of taking the small wooden bridge nearby your character will go around the city and through Portland's titanium cave. This detour is 2-3 times the distance than just taking the wooden bridge. I have not asked others to try cause as I mentioned I always forget about it after a while.

I too have noticed similar "long way around" behavior in PL but I've never tried to carefully document under just what cases it happens. But there's a definite glitch in the path-finding code.

happens when the bridge is blocked by someone, some creature.

when it happens to me i just click again on the map and observe if i take the right way

Confirmed by other guildies to have the same result. I don't think this is just cause the bridge is blocked since every time i try it I get the same result. The odds of a creature or someone blocking the bridge every time I try it seems to small to occur.