Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
KillerQween

Debate on military & Iraq

I just wanted to point out one recurring theme I noticed:

Guess what Flexo...your millitary ain't perfect. :D

Defending your point by saying some else is worse doesn't make sense. That's like saying it's ok that you're a murderer because at least you're not a mass murderer.

Exactly, if you're going to say that then at least explain WHY their military "ain't" perfect. I'd like to hear it at least.

And...

People usually get mad when you generalize things. It's best to be specific one exactly what you hate about a country, and why, instead of just saying the whole country sucks. If you say "america sucks ebcause they elected bush"...well that would be really dumb because not every American elected Bush. On top of that there is the electoral college, and that "scandal" in florida to take into consideration. Not every american is taken in by the mass media, etc.....so it's best not to generalize things when debating on these subjects-or you will end up with pointless stupid immature flames or arguments due to lack of good communication.

If this topic wasn't 4 pages long, I'd probably read it and become mad at somebody or something. But does my anger really matter? Will it change your view(s)? Because I am me and you are you; that fact leads us all into thinking we affect everything and everyone around us. We do not.

So voicing your opinion is good? But it is fine to get mad at somebody else for voicing their's? Self-righteous?

No one likes politicians, I'm learning that quickly in my research.  For example in Finland, after the Winter War and The continuing war several Finnish politicians were tried for war crimes for their part in the war.  That outraged the Finnish people.

Finnish politicians were tried to blame 'cause we were under a severe pressure of russia and russia wanted to blame us on starting the war, so please read that webby a little further before you paste things here. We paid the price of the war, we suffered from that russia attacked here and still we are independent and we can say our military DEFENDED our OWN country and did not ATTACK anywhere otherside of the world for resources

Guest Toyminator

They did, they attacked the Mars men! I swear I saw them! I swear!

The US is a (the) Super Power in the world today. We will act in what we see our best interest lies. That goes whether George Bush is President or some pinko Liberal Democrat is in office. Truly, do you think that the US will tolerate an attack on her shores to go unanswered.

Don't be so ignorant, no make that don't be so stupid. Any US President that allows us to be attacked then does nothing but talk will be ousted in favor of a person who will give enemies of the US a hammering.

Entropy - If you have so many issues with the US, why don't you go home to Romania???

You whine about the Atomic bombs dropped on Japan, those bombs absolutely shortened that war and saved millions of lives both Japanese and US. Truly, it is a testimony to the ferocity of the Japanese in defending places like Okinawa and Iwo Jima that the bombs were used.

I notice you bring out nothing of the Marshall plan?

Is that ignorance, due to Romania being under the Soviet Union at the time and refusing to participate.

Let's see.... Western Germany vs Romania (snicker)

ok... Japan vs Romania (snicker) France vs Romania hmmmmmmm could be a trend.

I wonder if Antonescu had the bomb???

Let's look at Romania during WW2, what do you say bubba?? Think history. Does the Iron Guard ring any bells?

With Antonescu's blessing, the Iron Guard unleashed a reign of terror, butchered sixty-four prominent associates of King Carol They also massacred Jews and tortured and murdered Nicolae Iorga. In January 1941, Iron Guards murdered 120 helpless Jews and mutilated their bodies.

During the war, Antonescu's regime severely oppressed the Jews in Romania and the conquered territories. In Moldavia, Bukovina, and Bessarabia, Romanian soldiers carried out brutal pogroms. Troops herded at least 200,000 Jews from Bukovina and Bessarabia--who were considered Soviet traitors--across the Dniester and into miserable concentration camps where many starved or died of disease or brutality. During the war, about 260,000 Jews were killed in Bessarabia, Bukovina, and in the camps across the Dniester; Hungary's Nazi government killed or deported about 120,000 of Transylvania's 150,000 Jews in 1944. Despite rampant anti-Semitism, most Romanian Jews survived the war. Germany planned mass deportations of Jews from Romania, but Antonescu balked. Jews acted as key managers in Romania's economy, and Antonescu feared that deporting them en masse would lead to chaos; in addition, the unceasing personal appeals of Wilhelm Filderman, a Jewish leader and former classmate of Antonescu, may have made a crucial difference.

Not to mention providing 500,000 troops to help out Hitler. How many Jews and Gypsies deaths are on your doorstep??

I think more than the population of Hiroshima and Nagasaki combined. How many Stalinist purges in Romania?

So Entropy, you were raised in a totalitarian state. Hmmm, is this where you get your facts (opinions) du jour?

Let's see US vs Romania

Riiiiiiiiiiiight, not even worth a snicker. Stick your politics in your ear you whiny CHUMP. Go home to Romania and make it a better place to live. Go do something positive read the US Constitution it has helped us here in the US create something Great, something Special, something worth Defending.

We here in the US will allow your freedom of speech, I wonder if you could be as Bluntly Honest in Romania.

Malforte

Proud Citizen of the Greatest Country on this Earth the United States of America.

uhh..can i ask you when IRAQ attacked the shores of the US? No one every said anything about Afganistan...so I really think you should think a bit more, or read what others have said, before you post.

uhh..can i ask you when IRAQ attacked the shores of the US? No one every said anything about Afganistan...

According to one poll a while back . . . most Americans didn't know the difference.

yea most people dont understand that neither iraq nor afghanistan were responsible for 9-11 (mostly).. it was Saudi Arabia for the most part, but people automatically think "terrorist = Iraqi and Afghan"

........... :roll:  

great way to get your point across ent. keep up the good work.

Yep, it's very effective. Instead of going up to a long rant, and dissprove all his BS, I can sum up the message I tried to convey in a single phrase. It's not like he would understand anyway, so why waste my time?

why waste your time replying at all since it's obvious it's not worth the effort. Nothing you say, no matter how many facts you present, will get people like him to admit something very obvious.

I replied because I wanted to express my oppinoin about him. It's my right to do that, as he also expressed his oppinion about me (he did it in a more subtle maner tho).

omg malforte u r too stupid to answer..

Proud Citizen of the Greatest Country on this Earth the United States of America.

LOL that really disqualifies u out of this discussion. What do u think the US will go be when Europe will be more united or China or India will enter stage 2?

I think the US will soon be like a Kuba in some years (with this leadership).

I dont hope this but u must be aware to obey the UN/world rules and u CANT make a way of your own. Accept it or die!

OH MY FUCKING GOD!!!! MALFORTE WERE YOU BORN DUMB OR DID YOU HAVE TO TRAIN?

You are a typical us moron patriot. We have the power! We are the best and lets just fuck the rest! We can also read from a weblink where you pasted that story from, would save a whole lot space in this thread. You really can't compare Bush and Hitler. Hitler forced other nations to do on his plans, and the ways Hitler got power then was really different as now when bush gained his powers. So when you don't know shit please SHUT THE F U C K UP! :x :x :x :x :x

Guest JimmyPageMakesMeBurnStuff

Why do you guys constantly bitch about what you can't change

"The world is so bad"

"I feel bad for this country"

"Those poor people"

Stop whining you assholes, until you get a job HELPING these people who you feel se bad for, suck it the fuck up.

Entropy, you make a damned video game, you aren't helping with what you are bitching about!

Also, shouldn't you be MAKING the game instead of focusing on the evil in the world!

I swear to god you are like those extremist Christians who hate the Jews!

"Lets not focus on what the bible says, lets try and listen to Mel Gibson's shit movie that exploits our beliefs in order to gain mass profits!"

Im Jimmy Page, Bitch!

Guest Toyminator
You are a smeging moron, and I hope you will rot in hell.

Go Ent!

Thats the way uhuh uhuh I like it, uhuh uhuh!