Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
KillerQween

Debate on military & Iraq

*remembers all the brave soildiers*

That died heroically to opress others....

they deserve more than 1 day for people to remember them..

Isn't that what Veteran's day is for?

Guest Toyminator

Isn't that what Veteran's day is for?

and who died for there country

Guest Toyminator

lol, you need to wait 5 houres and set your speakers volume max

Guest mphllps

Entropy, please give this a rest. Today is to remember the soldiers, not the administrations who gave various orders. You think of Japan, but think of Normandy Beach. To see the cemetary and everyone who gave their lives to stop the holocaust. Was that not a good cause? Think of the people stopping the terrorist, was that not a worthy cause. Please compalin about the government, but not the soldiers. They are just the brave people who have decided their lives are worth protecting the US, and other countries throughout the world. This is the only time I've ever been disappointed in you...

Miles

Memorial Day is to remember all who passed on, not just soldiers (although they should be high in your thoughts on this day). A day to remember loved ones who have passed in life, but not in our hearts.

PS: Ent, i am a US Veteran of the armed forces. I am deeply angered by your responses. As would my friends and fellow soldiers be in reading what you wrote. I sincerely hope that is not how you feel, and if it is, make sure other veterans do not know it. I shall stop there for fear I will say something regretable.

I do hope all had a safe and memorable Memorial Day.

I would also like to say, that it is not the SOLDIERS who are the oppressors... look to their commander in chief... politicans send the soldiers... the soldiers obey....

We should rememer the soldiers today!

And the politicans on election day :twisted:

PS: Ent, i am a US Veteran of the armed forces.  I am deeply angered by your responses.  As would my friends and fellow soldiers be in reading what you wrote.  

^u took the words right out of my mouth. what ent said was very disrespectful. i'm not a soldier, i'm only a kid, but i understand what this day means to my country and what it should mean to me. sorry u had to hear ent's remarks and i hope he's sorry too.

as for memorial day, let's not allow it to be ruined just because of one person's one-sided views.. happy memorial day to all!

It's not dissrespectfull at all! It's the fucking blunt and obvious truth you ignore, because that's what your teachers and society tought you!

I admit that in WW1&2 the US army did mostly good things, and had a positive contribution to the world. With a few exceptions (notably Hiroshima and Nagasaky, where TONS of INNOCENT civilians were murdered in cold blood), US, and it's army did good things.

However, the Vietnam war was utter BS. That wasn't any fight for freedom, it was a political war. The american army commited a great number of attrocities in that war (killing civialians, raping women, burning villages, taking civialns ears and scalps as sovegnirs, etc.). I don't think the glorious american leaders ordered the soldiers to do that. Even if they did, that was no excuse.

Then here comes the Golf War 1. This war was somewhat justified, as in Iraq attacked a sovereign country, and US attacked Iraq to protect their allies. But there were many attrocities commited in thatw ar as well.

And, finally, here comes the glorious war on terror. Bombing weddings (one in Afganistan, and one, recently, in Iraq). Killing so many civilians, torturing prisoniers, and blatantly shitting on the Geneva and Hague conventions that US signed. I don't care if the soldiers had orders to do that or not, the point is that thei DID those things!

So don't give me this shit with the pure, innocent and glorious american army! I would be ASHAMED to be a soldier in it.

ok there have obviously been bad things that the US, maybe even the soldiers, have done. But that gives you no right to disrespect all of the good things that have been done, which far outweigh the bad things. I know the US isn't perfect, but neither is any other country. People make mistakes, but today wasn't a day to put down a whole group of people for the mistakes of a few of them. Today is a day to remember the good that's been done by those who truely chose to represent the USA for what it really stands for. I dont care how much bad we've done, because we've done so much good for the rest of the world that there will always be something to remember and be thankful for.

But that gives you no right to disrespect all of the good things that have been done, which far outweigh the bad things.

As I said in my previous post, I do aknowledge the good things they did, and I do respect those who died in WW1 and WW2 (except for the pices of shit who droped the nukes).

I know the US isn't perfect, but neither is any other country.

It's funny how most of the americans bring this up, even tho it is totally irrelevant. Of course that no country is perfect, but most of the civilised countries do not commit HALF of the attrocities US commited in the last 20 years.

People make mistakes, but today wasn't a day to put down a whole group of people for the mistakes of a few of them.

This is hypocrisy. Bush and the glorious american army can make mistakes, it's OK. But if others, the so called 'terrorists' make mistakes (ie. blowing up a few american buildings with american planes) that's intollerable. FYI, the american army killed about 3 times more civilians in Iraq (only in the last year) than the number of people that died on 11 Sept.

Today is a day to remember the good that's been done by those who truely chose to represent the USA for what it really stands for.  

I thought that this was the day to REMEMBER the american veterans. Well, people REMEMBER what affected them the most. Gee, I wonder what would you remember if an american soldier would kill your entire familly, and, in the process, caused both your arms to be amputated (that's a real case, BTW). Or if your husbend was tortured by the glorious american army. Or maybe if you lost a sister, brother, parent, friend, spuse, etc. because of the american army.

I dont care how much bad we've done, because we've done so much good for the rest of the world that there will always be something to remember and be thankful for.

Yes, don't care, and wonder why the rest of the world hates America. BTW, obviously the rest of the world thinks that the bad things America did outweight, by far, the good things they did. Just go in Europe, and ask people around (randomly) what they think about the US army.

I don't know where you come from Entropy, but I can only guess it is a perfect place. A place where every citizen is perfect and thus able to represent the whole. There are BAD americans. I'll admit... but they do NOT represent all of us. If that is what you think, then it is YOU who are being naive.

Most of them serve and serve well. It is a shame that the bad ones get all the press when the good ones deserve as much time in the lime light.

Perhaps you shoudl think about that.

Just go in Europe, and ask people around (randomly) what they think about the US army.

guess thats where u get it from.. :?

my point in disagreeing with you all along ent wasn't to get all political and try to prove or disprove what america has or hasn't done. my point in disagreeing with you was to stick up for people like queenjenny who have to sit here and listen to people like you treat them like they're dirt, just because some of their fellow soldiers act like dirt. like Kira said, there ARE bad americans, but not all americans are like that.