Eternal Lands Official Forums
luciferx

Update Self Destruct Perk - triggers 10% chance to brod

people worked just as hard for their titanium set back when that was the best as they do now for their dragon set.

Are you sure? Did you actually try to work for either or you just bought everything with $? Back in the days anyone could get a tit set fairly easy by harvesting only while now by using the same means (harvesting) it takes waaaaaaaay longer to get the equipment required to stay competitive unless you find a few nexus removals of course.

well my friend, Since you bring up money.. gc is now 10 to 12k per dollar and back then it was 4k per dollar so stuff was A LOT more expensive back then if we are to look at it that way. In Dollars a titanium set cost 3x more back then than it does now.

and to answer your question about back then YES i had every single neg perk and i had to do everything with $dollars.... As a benefit all i had to do all day was train and PK never anythign else. It put a lot of GC in the pockets of harvesters and alchemists.... like yourself.

Edited by LuciferX

how far "back then" was back then, exactly, coz i remember a time when luci was glued to the coal in whitestone garg cave for months on end, before i ever knew he was an ebul nasssssty pker person. but at that point i really DID think *CO* were peaceful harvesters. oops..offtopic sry?

I remember now why you dont like BROD...

korrode.jpg

Heh, you know that's the one and only time i've ever been broded. Gratz btw :D

(Where as i've broded numerous people multiple times... not like i'm some crying brod victim.)

Anyways i cba going over all this once again, here's my argument for my stance from a while back:

http://s1.zetaboards.com/Unofficial_EL_For...4&t=1371252

It's concise and logical. It probably won't ever be listened to by Radu but at least i'm guessing Luci's lil "PLZ MOAR WAYS TO BROD" won't be either.

So bb. :)

how far "back then" was back then, exactly, coz i remember a time when luci was glued to the coal in whitestone garg cave for months on end, before i ever knew he was an ebul nasssssty pker person. but at that point i really DID think *CO* were peaceful harvesters. oops..offtopic sry?

1. It was diamonds not coal. My Ex-fiance wouldn't let me play EL so i just harvested when i could and left the toon there afk...

2. i eventually figured girlfriends come and go but the game is forever so... i kicked her to the curb and started leveling a/d every free minute i had and grew to be the single man i am today :D

1. It was diamonds not coal. My Ex-fiance wouldn't let me play EL so i just harvested when i could and left the toon there afk...

2. i eventually figured girlfriends come and go but the game is forever so... i kicked her to the curb and started leveling a/d every free minute i had and grew to be the single man i am today :)

Lucky you :pickaxe:

As for the Perk-BroD idea:

1. Stupid.

2. Think about problems with killing PWs with this.

3. Let’s make a BROD arrows for rangers with 10% chance and for only 100gc each! :D

3. Let’s make a BROD arrows for rangers with 10% chance and for only 100gc each! :D

well.. it would get me to level Ranging

You better believe it...........

well.. it would get me to level Ranging

10% for ONLY 100gc!? Great. We're going to make Rangers more OP then they already are :pickaxe: ..when is the Brod-ing Summon coming? :) ....on topic imho the perk could use some more damage (raytray's or extrap..'s idea make sense) but not the "brod" effect. Brod should be expensive; both for the weilder and the reciever. Want to cost misfortune on to others? Make 200k gc and make sure ur able to HIT ur opponent B) instead of getting a perk then walking into a Pk area naked and attacking a cotu-less pker.

people worked just as hard for their titanium set back when that was the best as they do now for their dragon set.

Are you sure? Did you actually try to work for either or you just bought everything with $? Back in the days anyone could get a tit set fairly easy by harvesting only while now by using the same means (harvesting) it takes waaaaaaaay longer to get the equipment required to stay competitive unless you find a few nexus removals of course.

well my friend, Since you bring up money.. gc is now 10 to 12k per dollar and back then it was 4k per dollar so stuff was A LOT more expensive back then if we are to look at it that way. In Dollars a titanium set cost 3x more back then than it does now.

But we don't look at it that way...at least we shouldn't. We shouldn't look at the game from the perspective of Bill Gates whose main gc income is buying them with $ but from the perspective of your average Joe player who kills, harvs, mixes stuff for his gc in order to be able to buy that titanium set. I myself resemble the average Joe player who found it way easier to get the top items in the past than he does now.

FYI - Aside from a NMT perk removal stone available only in shop I have not been playing with money lately. I make 2k to 3k bars a day and im making my own s2e and harvesting my own hydro ore. and you know what Im just as rich earning it myself as when I bought gc. I have 13 Nexus removals in storage and enough Hydro-bought PP to use them all the day i do decide to pk again.