Eternal Lands Official Forums
luciferx

Update Self Destruct Perk - triggers 10% chance to brod

This perk is old and should be updated or people will not take it. 15-25 damage will be irrelevant to someone wearing a COL or Red Dragon Helm of Life and Mana.

I would recommend a % chance to do a brod hit - as the name is called "self destruct" how about some destuction :pickaxe:

altho if you take my suggestion you probably wont make it ignore cape of the unbreakable perk - if it would ignore it this perk though would kick ass and maybe even be worth more PP =]

My 2nd Suggestion - Make Brod hits announced in @PK Central

Well still it would be hard to believe anyone used 5 PPs just to have small change to brod someone while dying...

Edit: Or do you already have it and that's why you want to change it? :pickaxe:

Edited by Miiks

Well still it would be hard to believe anyone used 5 PPs just to have small change to brod someone while dying...

Edit: Or do you already have it and that's why you want to change it? :pickaxe:

1. I do not have this perk

2. if i had a chance to brod someone every time i died i would pay more than 5 pp lol

LOL it would obviously be like a outlaw kinda perk.. it would take a certain personality for the person to be willing to pay pp to destroy others stuff... even for BROD.. some people are not willing to pay 200k to break peoples stuff.. Others are more than happy to :devlish:

Edited by LuciferX

You can literally strip guardbots with this perk quite easily too...

Hehe. Or you could walk naked through any pk map (with alt if you don't want to lose pki) - looking for your dearest enemies to attack them ...

Hehe. Or you could walk naked through any pk map (with alt if you don't want to lose pki) - looking for your dearest enemies to attack them ...

Yeah that would be the problem. You could just attack anyone naked and die and enemy still gets his stuff destroyed.

Yeah that would be the problem. You could just attack anyone naked and die and enemy still gets his stuff destroyed.

Everytime it works, char loses 50 sto slots. When it hits 0, you start losing 10 attribs, when you have 0 hp, you are in limbo. You're waiting for a train...

You could make a level requirement before the perk can be taken to avoid a newbie perk bomb (which i believe is against the rules or atleast it was a few years ago).

also i suggest the perk would only kick in maybe 10% so its not guaranteed u break someone stuff just because they kill u.

How about just up the damage done to say 70hp's? on death?

Five times the original damage: 75-150hp

And before any complaints about killing a winner in PK with it, consider the PP invested, it's not quite cheap...

Or just make the damage the same as the characters (A+D)/4 + 10-20

a 10/10 gives (10+10)/4 + 10-20 = 5 + 10-20 or 15-25 damage

so a 50/50 gives (50+50)/4 + 10-20 = 25 + 10-20 or 35-45 damage

and a 100/100 gives (100 + 100)/4 + 10-20 = 50 + 10-20 or 60-80 damage

and a 150/150 gives (150 + 150)/4 + 10-20 = 66 + 10-20 or 76-86

So a low-level character does the same damage as today and it requires a high level character to do any decent damage.

Edited by Silvatica

This isn't "the old days" where any single piece of 'best gear' could be replaced fairly quickly due to low price of said gear (with the exception of therm serp). With the cost of todays equipment in EL, the brod effect existing at all should be seriously reconsidered. Nowadays, the degree of loss it allows one player to cause another is too high.

Adding more stuff to the game that has the brod effect isn't a good idea.

This isn't "the old days" where any single piece of 'best gear' could be replaced fairly quickly due to low price of said gear (with the exception of therm serp). With the cost of todays equipment in EL, the brod effect existing at all should be seriously reconsidered. Nowadays, the degree of loss it allows one player to cause another is too high.

Adding more stuff to the game that has the brod effect isn't a good idea.

As it is now... everyone has cotu perk and u cant brod anyway aside from a very rare lucky chance if u do see someone without red cape or mage pants.. also FYI shit was very expensive too back in the day... although things were "cheaper" u had less inflation to balance the lower price and people worked just as hard for their titanium set back when that was the best as they do now for their dragon set. Also when Red Dragon armor first came out scales were like 10k to 12k a pop now they're like 2 or 3k...

You apparently are one of the people who don't like BROD.. there's nothing wrong with that, however It is a part of the game and some of us do like it and would like to use it. You can't just write off part of the game because you do not like it there are other people here too. Some people hate Mines and wards but we aren't petitioning to remove that from the game... The Devs put it there and we accept what they implement. you have to take other people into consideration. Some people like them and its a part of the game.

I remember now why you dont like BROD...

korrode.jpg

Edited by LuciferX

i think this perk is there for just to have an opinion on the perks that mobs have (like PW or IGItD perk for castys)

even if someone took it surely he would #reset

I would recommend a % chance to do a brod hit

A great suggestion if this goes live I might even reconsider to play again :devlish:

For teh record I like brod and hate mines, I have been hit by both and used neither and still think they should all stay in the game. Having said that, back on topic I completely agree that, since the game has changed so much, not only with COL improving health but other items as well, that a lot of things need reviewing and possibly updating. Including this perk.

"Make Brod hits announced in @PK Central"

I agree.

About the perk now. Even if Ent will add the Brod effect, none will take it. I doubt if anybody has it anyway.

The reason? You need many pps for a perk that offers almost nothing. Unless the cost was just 1 pickpoint.

Or if we could get this perk with a Quest.

Same with Fatal Man perk. Too many pps are required so none has it and none will take it unless the cost was 3 pps or so.

as the name is called "self destruct" how about some destuction :pickaxe:

It's called SELF destruction - it could be a neg perk where you have a chance of brodding yourself when you die :devlish:

On a serious note, I like the suggestion of increasing the damage to 10-20 + (a+d)/4

as the name is called "self destruct" how about some destuction :pickaxe:

It's called SELF destruction - it could be a neg perk where you have a chance of brodding yourself when you die :devlish:

On a serious note, I like the suggestion of increasing the damage to 10-20 + (a+d)/4

This would be good, and the bomb alts should receive no significant bonus as well.

people worked just as hard for their titanium set back when that was the best as they do now for their dragon set.

Are you sure? Did you actually try to work for either or you just bought everything with $? Back in the days anyone could get a tit set fairly easy by harvesting only while now by using the same means (harvesting) it takes waaaaaaaay longer to get the equipment required to stay competitive unless you find a few nexus removals of course.