Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Red_Panda

Making a char that I plan to do nothing but range on.

So I want to make a char just for ranging and some mixing. What should I spend my pp's on and any other perks besides EH and WH? My goal is to farm dragons for lots of cash recommended level for this without max AP?

Edited by Mongoose

tbh, i wouldnt take either of those perks, it would be a waste of 10 pickpoints. what you need to do if you JUST want to mix or range, and DONT plan on doing anything else, is max p/c for emu, reasoning/will for more experience, and reasoning/instinct for seeing better in low light conditions, meaning you can hit better (perception is everything in ranging).

also, if you want to be good at ranging, 60 AP pots is a must. (900k gc, makes you do a lot more dmg with arrows. when i had it, i did 25-30 dmg with training arrows/bolts)

reasoning and will until 50s with perks that are great advantage, 1 saves arrows/bolts and the other u get more exp . Then reset and built up your char the way u want adding p/c for emu and add AP so u can farm

There are ways to fast level the skill :bow_arrow:

but its t3h expesive , it might get your gold back after farming for sometime (idk how long)

i had had 60 AP at 19 ranging, and started making my money back immediataly on red dragon. i could kill 2 of them in one load of crossbow bolts, and i only could carry ~500 at a time

My advice:

1. Quests to get 20 lvl of ranging and TAKE both perks.

2. Ranging PVP (or shooting range) till 30 lvl.

3. Max P (EMU) then aim at R/I.

4. Max AP.

If you want to level ranging do NOT get AP

I suppose I should edit first post, but I want to level ranging to 30s then train by farming dragons.

lol good luck - but before you do this suggest you work out how much exp you get per dragon - and how many dragon per hour!

Trust me the maths does not work!

If you only want to range - then avoid a/d exp like the plague - so mobs still attack you. Cant think of a pro spot atm for you but there must be one.

Edited by Raz

well don't think so big when you try to get gc out of ranging...

for me, well im on level 53, have only WH perk and no AP...

so i can kill a skellie with one training bolt .... thats 8 bones plus gc plus rare drops,

got over 11 s2e, well for just getting xp and cover the cost i range skellies :icon13:

for ranging dragons, get your experience on the cliffs while bethel invasions,

there you find out how it 'feels' to shoot a dragon down, means how many shoots you need.

keep in mind, there is a ranging astro too and in caves day and night counting also for acc...

btw, think over for what reason you want to level ranging, so you might need a good a/d too.

in some situations, special when you range on ground and got a hit before you hit the dis-ring

its quiet worth to be tough enough to stand this first hit

also im not a fan of reset .... well i see me as in real life .... think twice before spend a pp..

well, i made it from level 21 in january up to level 53 now , beside all other skills i level also,

i spended lots of gc for it, i think about 900k or so, but im a good crafter

so i sell medallions and rings to cover the costs :)

for AP, hmmm...i would get it when im over level 60 or so, the creatures die faster and you have to

wait til it respawns...so more time for the same xp, and well ranging is a skill that needs the most patience

and for pvp ranging AP is also useless....better get perception up, and the WH perk is a must i think

more xp, better acc and also more damage...

well how i see my ranging skill....ask others too and they have other ways :)

choose the one that fits best for your needs and good luck :icon13:

ummm, and i think ranging dragons for gc needs a high level, so above 50 or so,

get into the caves only at daytime...you hit more often then,

use crossbow with pk-bolts if you have time or an elvenbow with pk arrows if you have the emu,

for that the scale is sold at about 3k gc and the drop can be about 200 gc, you can figure out how many

bolts / arrows you have to use at maximum to earn gc from a dragon...

Edited by wuffzel

I know of people with under 20 ranging that have killed dragons, but with max AP and profited from it, but maxing AP is going to be the hard part.

Edited by Mongoose

yep,

but 'My goal is to farm dragons for lots of cash recommended level for this without max AP'

so i would say level 50 minimum,

but killing a dragon and farming dragons are different things :icon13:

Just one remark, I totally disagree with wuffzel that AP is useless for PvP/PK or dragons. I think maxing AP should be priority after reaching satisfying ranging level.

I doubt I can hit fighter in full RD set for 50-70HP per shoot without AP.

But I do agree about perks, WH is must to have, ER is useful also (more arrows, less restocks, more exp, less gc spend).

Good luck! :icon13:

Just one remark, I totally disagree with wuffzel that AP is useless for PvP/PK or dragons.

He never mentioned PK (ofc it's not useless for PK), and he never said "useless" for dragons.

It would be a negative thing for PvP training.

since you wont level up a/d i'd consider MM perk. That will make easy to range/move, for example on giants. (remember the MM removal is available in the game)

since you wont level up a/d i'd consider MM perk. That will make easy to range/move, for example on giants. (remember the MM removal is available in the game)

why perk and not cape?

IF he is not planning to train a/d , he will not gain OAs fast, so waisting pps at useless perk it will only make it harder for him, no?

Edited by Xanthus

Do NOT get the MM perk as a ranger. It eliminates your option to pin mobs in some places which can be a great way to train ranging.

Do NOT get the MM perk as a ranger. It eliminates your option to pin mobs in some places which can be a great way to train ranging.

Exactly, you read my mind Quesar. DON'T take MM perk!

Ranging is expensive, you will have to earn money for arrows and APs. You will also need OA for PPs. But there is other solution then a/d training. You can try alchemy or other skills to get cash and OA.

Personally I think creating pure ranger from the scratch (without a/d and gc) will be very difficult. Good luck!