Eternal Lands Official Forums
r0wan

Male/female designators in name

I suggest the actual character sign for the color impaired; otherwise, I would suggest blue and pink names.

r0wan ;)

Can't you tell from the physical differences? ;) Oh wait, you meant in the chat - if you're uncertain, why not ask? There are no silly questions, only silly answers, remember? :)

Can't you tell from the physical differences? :) Oh wait, you meant in the chat - if you're uncertain, why not ask? There are no silly questions, only silly answers, remember? :)

Unfortunately, just asking came out as an insult as I was supposed to be able to tell from the name what gender they were. :(

Thus, this request.

Gossip can also help. /Gossip about name will tell you the gender of the person, if Gossip has seen that person walk past her in the Lakeside docks.

ofc, then there are the people whome are male in rl adn have female avitars (insurt dirty joke) and the occasionaly female with a male avitar

Nmaes don't always mean anything

its not your fault if someone gets offended really :icon13: its they who must look at why they are offended

so says I

I suggest the actual character sign for the color impaired; otherwise, I would suggest blue and pink names.

r0wan :icon13:

International names and alot of totally made up names....who gives a crap if they get offended when you don't know what gender they are by their name alone. Just excuse yourself for your ignorance and if they choose to be offended by it, they are being pricks. Be nice to an upset person and if they remain upset, they get to look like total jackasses.

r0wan :icon13:

why?

Please dont make such a useless addition to the game. There are cultures where I cannot tell the gender from the name, and I have been adressed as Mr plenty of times. It is not a problem.

Why should we care about the gender of the pixels when there is no way to tell the gender of the person?

Just my two cents (one male and one female),

Mixi

I agree with Maxine. EL isn't dating site, and if you have problems, Gossip is really great help there.

We can think of some other way to check gender of a person, but not pink and blue nicknames! It's so typical and IMVU-ish.

Pink nicknames won't suit medieval girls.

aye i agree with max and the few that are saying its a useless addition. Lots of names are both gender, hell some names people say are girls name are guys names and vice versa( aka Ari can be both, but Aure is a guys name which people call a girls name ;/)

I don't see a real need, especially since a good portion of males play female characters, and theres no practical reason to know the gender of a character. Gossip can help though.

I agree with Maxine. EL isn't dating site, and if you have problems, Gossip is really great help there.

We can think of some other way to check gender of a person, but not pink and blue nicknames! It's so typical and IMVU-ish.

Pink nicknames won't suit medieval girls.

This sums it up exactly so, on all points.

If you really want to know, ask the person. If you are that desperate to have it known, tell the person.