Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Sir_Exeus

Thoughts on EL..

Just another one.

Ent, when I first started playing your game I loved it. Nothing was more fun. I was 100% addicted and it whent through my mind all the time. But as time dragged on, the goal that I always thougt would make the game fun just never did and I would like to explain.

I assumed that once I got better armor and weapons and levels that I would be able to to have fun killing monsters and other players and such.

However, I realised that no matter how high I got my char, there was always sombody who could 2 or 3 hit me. So I whent to buying chars. This worked much better as I could work in real life for a week and use the money to buy a char that would take a year to make.

With that, I thought my armor and weapons would help. So when I finally got all teh pr0est armorz n shyt and whent into KF to try em out I saw that every other player there except for sombodys alt had the same stuff.

Also note that after the first year and a half, I bought all my gold. I could spend hours making gold or just buy it for a little bit of work on ChaCha lol.

The next problem I had was the PK system. I still think that the most fun in this game was stupid DPA back when TS actually kept your a/d low and that this game has the best posibility for a PK system.

AFAIK its the same, but here where the overall problems.

I could train for 6 months, get all the best stuff and still get pwnt by a naked ebul.

I could work for 6 months to make gc, get bloody good items, forget a rosto, get pwnt by an ebul and loos all my stuff.

I could train for 6 months, get all the best stuff, get pwnt by a noob who worked one week and bought summoning stones.

I could train for 6 months with 4 of my buddies, we all get the best stuff, multi one ebul and get pwnt.

IE- it just wasn't fair....

Oh- and the long time players who alched and had no idea what they were doing in PK usually got owned right off the bat entering a pk arena. Its no fun dying.

Speaking of dying, why is death in a game so hardcore ? Most games have death and none unless your playing hardcore mode just rape you of your stuff. A rosto is a good choice, but there are hardly any of them and people hoard.

One of my fav problems was the mixer market. The profit made on items (big items) isn't worth the loss when you fail.

Mix 10 + CoL's to make up for one failed one. Or Mix 4+ CoL's to break even with the saving stone...It's no fun.

Last but not least was the small player base and huge arse maps. C1 is big enough sir...Add more C1 spawns or harvest places. Because its slightly rediculess to have all this space with hardly any players...I know you can't do much about the playerbase and I know your advertising but why not focus on why new players don't stay ? The newbies are confused. Runescape tutorial is for complete idiots yet thats why it works. When starting a new game your'e like a baby...

Leveling....Grinding....Just so utterly miserable. Most games grinding is boring but to have 2k fluffy wabbits on my counter and still snagging is..for the LoF...

Some genral thoughts and suggestions on what was previously said and what came to mind as I typed this:

Make KF level addaptent. People in their leage fight each other..Rope part of it off for FFA!

Stop trying to fix problems by increasing player frustration. Stuff breaking, events etc. We wan't (or wanted) fun.

No more armor or weapons. Downgrade if anything....

Ban C2.

Fix the tutorial again. Make it stupid easy. (Yeh I know you don't want stupid people in you're game but at least its a player.)

Make rare ingredients (efe, rosto etc) easier to find and cheaper to buy online.

I will add to this becasue I know I have more to say...Im posting this here and on the unno foz in fear of my post being deleted...I am not flaming this game just giving my suggestion and opinion. Move it if needed.

Edited by Learner

2 things

People that "quit" and sell charaters keep the top charaters in game for ever

Buying gc's is easy, and pretty cheap, but this keeps you from enjoying certain aspects of the game too.

You're out of touch. I guess that might be partly because you're not an active player. The tutorial, for instance, has been completely redone. The majority of new players who have completed it and commented on it find it very helpful. It's not really even comparable to the old tutorial. I don't know how much easier it could get outside of automatically walking your character around for you and putting items in your storage magically, but maybe that's what you mean.

As i said on the unoff forum post that Learner deleted your link to; just make a char designed for the current setup of DPa1.

It doesn't equate to PK being as great as it could be in EL, but it's a bit of fun. :pickaxe:

You're out of touch. I guess that might be partly because you're not an active player. The tutorial, for instance, has been completely redone. The majority of new players who have completed it and commented on it find it very helpful. It's not really even comparable to the old tutorial. I don't know how much easier it could get outside of automatically walking your character around for you and putting items in your storage magically, but maybe that's what you mean.

Ahh I see. I'm glad that was fixed because that was a player killer...

And yes Korrode it is fun. I'm not sure if you where arround when the real heat of DPA was on but it was crazy fun. Anybody could take anybody with the right setup. Attribute caps made the arena more fun but slightly ruined a lot of other stuff :pickaxe:

And yes Korrode it is fun.

If you know it's fun, why exactly are you complaining?

Almost your stated points are addressed at DPa:

I could train for 6 months, get all the best stuff and still get pwnt by a naked ebul.

Not gonna happen @ DPa once your char is setup for the arena.

I could work for 6 months to make gc, get bloody good items, forget a rosto, get pwnt by an ebul and loos all my stuff.

Not gonna happen @ DPa, it's no drops.

(tho yes, there is that bug feature with the ranging thing, but so long as you're aware of it you can reduce it's chances of affecting you down to a negligible amount.)

I could train for 6 months, get all the best stuff, get pwnt by a noob who worked one week and bought summoning stones.

Well i guess if someone comes and summons a giant at DPa or some shit that can happen (tho, are summons a/d dropped to 40 and attribs to 20 too? i'm actually not sure... if they are, np anyways) but summons "pwning all" hasn't been a problem @ dpa of recent.

I could train for 6 months with 4 of my buddies, we all get the best stuff, multi one ebul and get pwnt.

Again; not at DPa.

Unless you want all PK in EL to have the problems you mention resolved? good luck w/ that ;p

as of today? after this topic? :o

No Sir. I have been perma banned and didin't even care to find out why...We had to many channel 4 spammers from our IP :) (NuggetZ, leavz, wolfrunner, pixyfrish, soulja_boy...)

Korrode- I could, but I would be missing out on all of the other fun things by staying low level. Instances where the apeal before I left. Loved em. But doing the same one over and over might get dull...Gotta keep leveling.

Kav- Yo you where one to ^_^ good times when we where in GODZ...

Edited by Sir_Exeus

Instances where the apeal before I left. Loved em. But doing the same one over and over might get dull...Gotta keep leveling.

Yeah I agree with that. I've done maybe 10+ n00b instances and after that maybe over 20 80-100 instances and it's getting pretty boring to run same map with small variety of monsters all again. Might be fun to see more different mobs and maybe different maps in instances, so it would keep them interesting and astonishing. I know it's lot of work but maybe in future.

if you got the money to play EL, just switch to WoW, its cheaper.

Switch to their forums too tho if you go, don't half ass it.

what he says, but you could hang around too if we know you well, just to keep in touch

what he says, but you could hang around too if we know you well, just to keep in touch

That's why they make facebook and IM's.