Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
circe

A New Stone

Greetings all ;)

I have an idea on a new stone & would like your thoughts on it, don't know if it has been mention'd before..but anyway..

'The PickPoint replacement stone'...

When you find this stone, onced 'used' it will instantly reset your stats, crediting you with every PickPoint you have spent, enableing you to replace where you see fit.

This very rare stone could be a drop from ANY creature &/or found from ANY harvestable in game.

No matter what your lvls, new to the game or long term player, everyone has an equal chance to find it.

Just a thought, what do you think...?

'The PickPoint replacement stone'...

When you find this stone, onced 'used' it will instantly reset your stats, crediting you with every PickPoint you have spent, enableing you to replace where you see fit.

A short search gave several threads with similar ideas... Where is yours different and/or better?

(see here, for instance, the idea crops up in other threads as well, but I'm not going to do your homework)

I still think radu is throwing money away by not offering basically this from the shop.

A service where your stats are reset and your OA level is set to the combined exp of all your skill levels. (i.e. the OA you'd have if you'd never reset, and u can re-assign all attribs and nexuses).

Wouldn't wanna charge too little or too much for it... somewhere between $80-$100 imo.

I still think radu is throwing money away by not offering basically this from the shop.

A service where your stats are reset and your OA level is set to the combined exp of all your skill levels. (i.e. the OA you'd have if you'd never reset, and u can re-assign all attribs and nexuses).

Wouldn't wanna charge too little or too much for it... somewhere between $80-$100 imo.

I would do that! Or start selling the nexus removals to earn $ from the hydronexus ingame (ppl get hydro bars to get a nexus buys the removal from the shop to get a free PP from what ever nexus chosen and spend it on something else) but i guess the bitching about rich RL players getting all the goodies would kill it

As for the stone well it would be way overpowerd as been said already but i would want one :)

would it reset hydro pps or perks? kinda tricky

would it reset hydro pps or perks? kinda tricky

Yes of course, both.

(i.e. pickpoint buyers wouldn't do it... but why would they anyways? they're buying pp's.)

It needs to be simple to implement and bulletproof in operation, so a simple 'same state you'd be in after #reset but with your OA being the combined exp of all your skills'.

Too powerful in my opinion. It will eliminate the need for #resets.

But I agree with the above post. It won't probably be abused by ppt buyers because they will lose the bought pickpoints. Perhaps if it is well thought out with every possible scenario considered.

Edited by hussam

Too powerful in my opinion. It will eliminate the need for #resets.

1. Unlike a #reset, it wouldn't be free, so i don't quite think it will "eliminate" them... and if it did, then for every reset radu would be making decent cash.

2. Could you elaborate on how it would be too powerful? Anyone will be able to do it, whether with their own RL$ or via means of gc->$.

At risk of putting people off just at the simple mention of "other games"; the ability to (for a price) redistribute points spent on equivalents of attributes and nexuses in other games is quite common.

EDIT:

Perfect World, for example (and a good one as it's free with a premium items shop too), is one such game that has this feature, see here:

http://pwi-wiki.perfectworld.com/index.php/Cash_Shop#Resets

(To obtain the 'gold' and 'silver' they refer to, you (or someone) has to have spent RL$ to get it into the game... so for the sake of example, it is RL$.)

Edited by Korrode

Your concern for Radu's finances is humbling, but rest assured, Radu makes good money from attributes and perks removal stones :)

Korrode, read my whole post. I didn't say I'm against it.

Also for people who haven't bought pickpoints, it's basically like a reset without having to work your way up again. So yes, very powerful. Since it is unlikely to be abused, then perhaps it could be implemented after considering all possible scenarios.

Edited by hussam

I like it. When you are newbie you can make a lot of mistakes with pickpoints, and

common resets aren't funny, especially when you have high overall.

It would be really powerful item and should be very rare and expensive (in both gc and dollars)

The most rare item in game and most expensive in EL shop.

I must disagree. I think the stone should give you the OA xp you currently have or the level you had at your last reset, whichever is greater. Otherwise, if a person had reset a number of times and got massive xp by, say maxing carry capacity one reset and then maxing rationality another reset and then mixing like crazy, they could just get all of those xp points into their overall and max out plenty of stats to become a top 20 a bit quickly.

I can understand how it might stop people from quitting if they reset way too much and then they used this stone to repair all the damage, but there should at least be an xp penalty on the stone. Perhaps they only get 50-75% of the total xp from all their skills. That restriction on the xp would help prevent the reset abuse that I mentioned above.

Edited by nathanstenzel