Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Frodewin

Proposal for Day of Civil War

Day of Civil War

The map with the most players on (bots excluded) becomes PK (IP excluded ofc). Take care to avoid groups (that is maps) of many people. Stay with your friends to protect you. And flee if it becomes too crowded!

Role Playing:

People loose their temper due to the unjustice in the lands of Irillion and Seridia. Suddenly a civil war breaks loose, with riots wherever too many people meet.

Rationale:

Since only the map with most players on becomes PK, most maps are not affected. However, one has to be aware not to choose the same map as others. Lazy afk harvers like me will have an adrenalin boost during that day.

For PKers there is another strategy to invade maps with so many people that it becomes the PK map at once.

The interesting thing is the dynamic aspect: behavior of a group of people (in-)directly influences the fate of others. And yes, some noobs will hate it because they might be attacked on maps where they do not expect it. But when you log on during an inva, it is the same thing...

Anyone who likes the idea?

i dont like it

I think that the most populated maps are DP/PL, i dont think that it would be nice in case u afk in those maps to wake up in hell loosing all your things because a pr0 took advantage of the day, or even worst in case you are a newbie and u went to harvest your first sulphur to make FEs to get owned by players 90 levels higher than u.

The problem is not the maps but the players willing to pk, take as a example KF i havent seen many peacefull harvesters going to try their pk skills even if its non-drop.

The problem is not the maps but the players willing to pk, take as a example KF i havent seen many peacefull harvesters going to try their pk skills even if its non-drop.
There is no good in going to KF and get slaughtered in a second :icon13: ... When KF was still a drop map, there were at least mercury spawns ...

Now to this suggestion, i don't like it. I guess such a day would make LOT of people just log off. EL is not only about fighting.

If, as LittleLooter said, the server needs to be restarted to change the pk status of a map, then this suggestion is impossible.

Aside from that, I don't like the idea of a map becoming pk while I'm on it.

I don't like idea too on this day highest A/D phy/coo players would be on but everyone else would simply log off,

newbie players would always get killed in this day

and if that's true with maps radu would have to make major changes in programming to make that possible witch is simply too expensive