Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Puntif

Rraisa

Rraisa has been offline for awhile. Does anyone know if/when rraisa will return. I don't want to have to manually poll hundreds of bots to find stuff I need to buy.

Thanks for both of those links. Also, Rraisa seems to be back.

Regarding the outage of Rraisa... there was a big fire at a major power switch providing electricity to the server where Rraisa is hosted. The fire has caused a blackout to Rraisa, a couple of hundred of other servers, and some 300 families, in addition to causing a phone lines outage, etc. It took the supplier a few days to get everything back in working order - especially after the supplementary switch they had brought (on an impressive truck) after a few hours, proved to be insufficient for the needs of the whole complex.

I consider it like a "Mother Nature got pissed at Rraisa" thing in RL... :P:) Sorry for any inconvenience!

There will be a planned outage at the facility where Rraisa is hosted; she will be down starting now, and for most of Saturday 28th of July. Service is expected to resume around 6pm CET on Saturday, but you know how these things are: better assume it will be back on Monday morning.

For your amusement: the planned outage is due to maintenance work needed to repair the same major power switch that went on fire on 16th June 2010 (see previous post).

It took almost two years to get all the contracts and authorizations for the repair work sorted... which may explain why this country is going downhill. :bangwall: