Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
bralex

Bombing in a 1vs1 map suggestion

Yeah, I have this suggestion about NCa or other such 1vs1 maps or pk areas. I have found that there are counters to spells or weapons but the mines or RC mines there are no counters yet. It's like a 1vs1 but with 4other people do damage, Cause in fact Well lets just say harm or others yeah.. mages can be counterd with MI. Rangers can't attack in 1vs1 maps when others are already fiighting another. I would just like to say if there could be a spell or counter for it great, or if it could be reduced to not hurting others in 1vs1 maps thats cool too:P just a suggestion. :icon13:

I agree. It's bs that bombers can just own anyone at will and the victim can't do anything about it. I think that armor should have resistance to bombs. That'd be a lot more practical than having a spell imo. Good topic :icon13:

I tend to agree.

Single combat PK areas are all about 1vs1... against magic we have MI, rangers can't shoot into fight in SC area... bombers being able to do it would just be annoying.

Magic and ranging are hard and expensive to level too, and it's easy to protect yourself against them in single combat.

And not to mention that you don't actually have to ever do engineering to be able to use mines just fine! The difference in damage probably won't change life or death in a situation where the bomber teleports in when his target is fighting someone else and is about to restore at around 100 health.

RC mines can be used so quickly to almost certainly kill someone when used in a hand grenade-like way (instantly blowing up them in your own face when your target is at low hp).

There's really no time to think about restoring, it all happens in a fraction of a second.

There are three things I would suggest that could be used to make mines more balanced:

1. Add a delay after using a mine before you can blow it up (or that you can't do it while still standing on it).

2. Make mines not affect targets who are already fighting in a single combat area.

3. Make armor protect against mines better (for example RadiationProtection * 5, which still would leave some armor like ice dragon vulnerable).

Under this though I suggest that a fighter shouldnt be able to for example MD other player/criter while fighting in a single combat map. (yes, it would sucks in invasions, but the reasoning is logical)

Or even been MD/poisoned by other players.