Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
elg3neral

Second ranging target !

Firstly thank you for Tell day but,

there were so many in arena some players had problems getting a shooting position luckily no aggravation lol.

Another arena would be helpful or another target at opposite end?

There is plenty of room to add second target on the opposite side of the arena, it should not be a major problem IMO...

C2 arena would be nice as well of course. Maybe PV ttpr landing place? :) (I know it would be needed to retweak whole map and ttpr landing spot, but it would fit there :))

A second target or an arena in c2 would be great. Was rather busy today. Not fun if you buy a ticket and then cant find a spot.

Edited by Maxine

if target will be on the other side of arena,it will be laggy for any players with slower pc, like for me =p

Honestly I cannot believe how no idea, no matter how beneficial for the vast majority of players, will not go without some damn naysayer coming out of the woodwork on these forums.

You're like the retirees who have so many hours to waste each day so they do nothing but write letters to the council about crap that doesn't matter. Get real.

And rendering the arrow shots takes jack all CPU/GPU power and the message to display it uses basically no bandwidth, so you're wrong. If you're resync'ing go get the .xml file i posted in the Ranging section.

Also, love how you come and naysay but don't support putting another arena elsewhere, which would address your imaginary concern.

In general I agree with the idea of a second arena, would be nice if so there wouldn't be so many ppl ranging in the same small area.

But considering that a new arena would need firstly the decision of location where to add it, then there would have to be the map change (create another no-magic area - and ofc some there will always be ppl who don't like the chosen area made non-magic) and then the new arena would need testing (I'm sure there would be more problems with it that I cannot think at the moment)....... the simplicity of adding a new target overweights the benefits of making a second arena.

and adding the second arena would not make you lag more on the arena as that depends on the amount of rangers not by the amount of targets :whistle:

p.s FYI Korrode, some of us lag even in a packed storage, so even tho I did change in the XML file (tho it helped a ton) I also was laggying a lot in the ranging arena.

i would like a 2nd arena too.

in our arena now, there is space for a 2nd target, but it would be too close to entrance then and on a special day the traffic will disturb the ppl ranging there i think

the 2nd arena should be as far from store as the one we have, not that ppl go only for one...and we have same crowded problem there again :confused:

i had the idea of adding some stands to the arena we have now, a kinda tunnel so better ranger could range through it from far away...and the ppl can stack to one target

p.s FYI Korrode, some of us lag even in a packed storage, so even tho I did change in the XML file (tho it helped a ton) I also was laggying a lot in the ranging arena.

Oh you mean "graphical lag" (i.e. low framerate)? If you'd like me to suggest a sub-$40 video card that'll fix that right up just let me know. :whistle:

Oh you mean "graphical lag" (i.e. low framerate)? If you'd like me to suggest a sub-$40 video card that'll fix that right up just let me know. :whistle:

Will it fit in my notebook?

Will it fit in my notebook?

Oh good point, my bad. Also, i'll let Blizzard know that WoW would be better off if they sacrifice playability and graphical attractiveness to cater for very low-end hardware.

So I suppose this means no?

Personaly I would like to see a couple more range arenas in game, both on c1 and c2. Since I have low hardware, and probably will never have anything but a notebook to play on, I do like that I dont have to go play with 15million noobs on WoW. I still havnet started using the new fancy camera angles in EL. I like my EL look the way it is :)

just do upstairs? i think people can shot over smaller targer Oo (player) or am i not right?

This post doesn't even make a little bit of sense.

I support either New Target or New Arena.

I mean albeit it might take a little effort it would be greatly beneficial to a lot of people, especially on pr0 days like Robin Tell.

I support the idea as well, both new target or the new arena :icon13:

The screenies show it perfectly, why do not add more space for everyone to burn their gc into ranging when they are willing to! Sounds like perfect investment :bow_arrow:

@ all the blabla

Make a cave/sewer/dungon with 1 intrance you can use with an ticket.

+ no difficult map redesigning and changes like non magic etc.

+ constant light source , so no messup with day and night time !

+ you can make cave as big you want so easy to implent multi targets

+ No peeps outside the arena making (funny) jokes .

+ You can give the arena more distance so the uber pr0's can still use it when they hit lev 100

if target will be on the other side of arena,it will be laggy for any players with slower pc, like for me =p

Some uncouth people would say buy a faster pc and not come in these forums and cry but I won't.

just do upstairs? i think people can shot over smaller targer Oo (player) or am i not right?

This post doesn't even make a little bit of sense.

I support either New Target or New Arena.

I mean albeit it might take a little effort it would be greatly beneficial to a lot of people, especially on pr0 days like Robin Tell.

Makes sense to me. If I understand him correctly he asked about putting in something like stairs or grandstands for people to stand on to get the above others. Then he asked if you can shoot over people. (Yes, btw. tall chars can shoot over short chars.) Read more carefully before you make fun of non native speakers.

Edited by Nova

Nope, I don't like the idea. It's just the same as that when we get Sun Tzu, all spawns are mostly taken and some of us can't train whole day and wait others to finish their sessions.

So I'm against the idea of the second Ranging Arena.

-Kaddy