Eternal Lands Official Forums
ppaulosantos

bug in dp arena 40 ad

I dunno what happened but i fought today in dp arena (nd always place) and in the end of fight i fleed and ran away from the fight , thats when i got engaged or hitted for other player ( not poisoned or any other spell ) and died. In hell i figured out that i had lost half of my ice set plus some stuff in a no drop arena. I talked about in the channel six but was warned to keep my mouth shut... the log is a little long but worth to read believe me.

[ppaulosantos @ 6]: LOOK IMA ASKING FIRST ....WILL I GET BANNED IF I FIGHT IN DP ARENA??? CUZ IM TIRED OF GETTING BANNED

[01:47:16] [l33t @ 6]: or pk map

[01:47:35] [l33t @ 6]: no, your a/d will be reduced to 40/40 and attributes to 20

[01:47:39] [CherUT @ 6]: ppaul I answered you, The arena will cap your a/d at 40

[01:47:41] [AnibalG12 @ 6]: lol ppaulo... it will cap your a/d @ 40

[01:47:42] [Fancy @ 6]: NO PPAUL

[01:47:44] #Message from God: Shayli was eaten by a Grue (lagged out)!

[01:47:55] [ppaulosantos @ 6]: ok thx

[01:47:57] Fancy: come on ppaul :D

[01:48:06] [ghio @ 6]: and attribs capped at 20

[01:48:28] [ppaulosantos @ 6]: Lol man i fart and get banned so dont worth to ask :)

[01:48:36] [agnieszka @ 6]: lmao

[01:48:46] [agnieszka @ 6]: banned for bad body odor :P

some fights after...

[02:16:19] (*) Violater summoned a Rat

[02:17:38] Ok, you are disengaged from combat, now run (err, walk away)!!!

[02:17:41] [@PK central @ 6]: newhope killed ppaulosantos.

[02:17:41] You were killed by newhope

[02:17:41] ppaulosantos should have looked both ways before crossing the street.[02:17:42] You have died and gone to the Underworld!

[02:18:15] [PM from Violater: buy a bronze sword]

[02:18:25] [PM from Violater: acc/eva and u will own ]

[02:18:28] [PM from l33t: careful newhope can kill you outside of the arena and u can drop bag]

[02:18:32] [xBarackOdramAx @ 6]: lolololololol

[02:18:37] [Galactus @ 3]: trading my 1k poolished rubys and 1000 hes for 1k poolished emeralds.

[02:18:55] [ppaulosantos @ 6]: lol i droped at dp arena

[02:18:59] You recovered 100 material points

[02:19:12] [PM to l33t: how can he do that]

[02:19:29] [xBarackOdramAx @ 6]: youve been newhoped

[02:19:33] [PM from l33t: its a ranging thing, its lame]

[02:19:44] [xBarackOdramAx @ 6]: lol

[02:19:48] [Violater @ 6]: u were ranged when u tried to move out

[02:19:52] [ppaulosantos @ 6]: lol what is that??

[02:20:05] [ppaulosantos @ 6]: someone told nd at dp arena and i got naked

[02:20:13] [ppaulosantos @ 6]: i was in ice

[02:20:41] [@PK central @ 6]: newhope killed biscuit1.

[02:20:45] [ppaulosantos @ 6]: ranged outside arena?

[02:20:50] [biscuit1 @ 6]: dam

[02:21:01] [Ghost @ 6]: newhope <3

[02:21:08] [ppaulosantos @ 6]: how is it possible?

[02:21:11] [biscuit1 @ 6]: hey paul did u lose anything when newhope shoot u?

[02:21:27] [ppaulosantos @ 6]: yeah i loose my ice set half

[02:21:32] [ppaulosantos @ 6]: and stuff

[02:21:44] [biscuit1 @ 6]: dude sux dick D:

[02:21:54] biscuit1: dude that really sux bad :(

[02:22:01] [ppaulosantos @ 6]: no problem man

[02:22:04] [xBarackOdramAx @ 6]: at least u didnt drop thermal :<

[02:22:05] [ghio @ 6]: is that possible? dpa non drop afaik..?

[02:22:08] [ppaulosantos @ 6]: but i asked here before

[02:22:12] [ppaulosantos @ 6]: if it was nd

[02:22:18] [ppaulosantos @ 6]: i they told yes

[02:22:19] [xBarackOdramAx @ 6]: It is nd

[02:22:24] [Violater @ 6]: yes its no drop inside arena..not outside

[02:22:26] [Ghost @ 6]: no- it;s not possible - they're making it up

[02:22:32] [l33t @ 6]: it is, but u took the damage outside

[02:22:38] [Ghost @ 6]: everyone come to dpa in best gear now :D

[02:22:39] [Fancy @ 6]: inside arena it is no drop, outside it is now

[02:22:42] [newhope @ 6]: arena is nd, even around arena is nd...

[02:22:43] [Fancy @ 6]: is not*

[02:22:56] [ppaulosantos @ 6]: outside is dp you cannot attack other p layers in no fight maps is that right?

[02:23:01] [sampaio @ 6]: gratz ppaulo =)

[02:23:08] [shayli @ 6]: lol

[02:23:17] [ghio @ 6]: seems like a bug..

[02:23:18] [PM from CherUT: I also sent you a pm about walking out of arena while being ranged way before you went there ]

[02:23:36] [ppaulosantos @ 6]: expensive bug

[02:23:49] [ghio @ 6]: xcept if poisoned inside and died outside

[02:23:50] [xBarackOdramAx @ 6]: sell thermal to get everything back :<

[02:24:06] [ppaulosantos @ 6]: but thats ok... i just logged today to have some fun

[02:24:07] [biscuit1 @ 6]: wel thats a waste :(

[02:24:16] [ppaulosantos @ 6]: i have no time to play anymore anyway

[02:24:17] [radu @ 6]: ppaulosantos, you are beginning to piss me off

[02:24:19] [PM from newhope: there was discusion about that ... its not bug, i aim in arena ... you just should not exit it]

[02:24:27] [Fancy @ 6]: :X

[02:24:32] [PM from newhope: you should read updates and discusions in forums]

[02:24:36] [PM from biscuit1: what if i get itr back for u?]

[02:24:50] [ppaulosantos @ 6]: sorry radu

[02:24:51] [shayli @ 6]: Oh u better shut ur hole PPaul

[02:24:57] [radu @ 6]: he just got back

[02:24:58] [ppaulosantos @ 6]: im just out of date

[02:25:25] [ppaulosantos @ 6]: ok sorry

I tried to talk in channel but i was really .... to shut up

[02:24:50] [ppaulosantos @ 6]: sorry radu

[02:24:51] [shayli @ 6]: Oh u better shut ur hole PPaul[02:24:57] [radu @ 6]: he just got back

[02:24:58] [ppaulosantos @ 6]: im just out of date

[02:25:25] [ppaulosantos @ 6]: ok sorry

Look... im not trying to flame nothing, im just trying to explain a bug that is too much expensive since i lost half an ice set plus some adds ... so since i got warned there i thought that maybe i could post here where nobody probably will read and that will cause me not another ban (from game and forum... from forums is the worst, they block you than you cannot deffend your self, you just get blocked and dot.)

My question is... if the arena is nd ( no drop ) and the map is non agressive ( cannot atack the other players ) how the heck i got killed in such place FOR A PLAYER NOT A MOB and droped a bag!!! There is a bug and the players should be warned ( IN GAME NOT IN FORUMS CUZ ONLY A FEW COME TO FORUMS ) i perhaps may even get banned for posting this but dont you think i have at least a point here for god sake!!!

Just a warning...

One of my guild members died today OUTSIDE of the DPa because there is a glitch (I guess radu said it wasn't a glitch and he wasn't going to remove it) where a ranger can shoot an arrow at someone leaving an arena and kill them while they are outside of the arena.

My guild member lost some armor/weapon to this and we were quite shocked to here that this was even possible.

Anyone else experience this?

Thoughts/comments?

From this post in Ranging subforum.

Changed the price of titanium chain armor to 6000

Fixed the manu quest bugs.

Decreased the break chance of alembics and vial molds a bit.

Now the Novac quest will tell you what the current objective is.

Added many new tutorial objectives.

Added a Skeptic removal stone, from shop only, 25 bucks.

The DPAs no drops zone extends a bit beyond the arenas.

From Game Updates. Note this is only "a bit beyond the arenas" (I'd say 1 step)

It'd also help a lot if rostos didn't poof if you die in a ND zone.

Brilliant idea - everyone wins. Players are happy they poof rostos instead of losing half their top gear in these situations and when leaving KF poisoned etc., radu gets more rostos poofed, newhope gets to continue to enjoy abusing this bug.

Well, newhope loses really, he'd much rather be getting drops than poofing rostos ;p

Having people drop stuff at that arena defeats it's purpose and will lead to it being used less.

The arena is ND, the design is PK w/o dropping, if people can't go there and PK and not drop stuff, then the game itself is basically scamming them by using a fake pretense to lure them into a comfort zone.

Newhope can go back to harassing people with One perk, which is something the game clearly explains the consequences of getting.

But yeah... even just making so rostos don't poof in ND zone would be an improvement, that way at least if this bug isn't going to be fixed and people are going to continue to exploit it, no dropping potentially hundreds of thousands of gc worth of gear... just a rosto... which as extrapolation says; really sounds like something Radu would go for :pickaxe:

Edited by Korrode

It's not a bug, it's how all ranging works in EL. It's already hard enough to hit anything for the first 30 levels, imagine if our arrows/bolts didn't act like heat seekers when our target begins moving as we are shooting. Hitting anything would be even more rare. And it seems realistic for a creature just mortally wounded by an arrow or bolt, who is already in motion, to take a few steps before collapsing.

Our arrows/bolts have the uncanny ability to change direction after liftoff to follow our targets. We like this for every scenario other than getting shot by one on the way out of a no drop arena. It is not a bug, it is simply the way ranging works, it's just something to be wary of at dpa. :pickaxe:

Whoever first realized this trick is an evil EL mastermind! :pickaxe:

No one's saying change the way ranging works, but not fixing this will make something that could be a well used game location less used... if lots of people started abusing it, dpa could die completely... are you suggesting that's a good thing?

No, i'm not saying that at all. I'm not against extending the ND zone, i'm just saying it's not a bug. :pickaxe: And if the zone is not extended, it's just something to watch for when exiting the arena.

People leaving the area to avoid death, well who cares if you die in ND unless you are high enough level for pki? And most at those levels can afford True Sight potions.. i don't know, it feels like it could be blown a little bit out of proportion.

Loosing 1/2 million gold coin or more due to something like this isn't "blown a little bit out of proportion" considering the amount of time taken to obtain these items.

People flee/run to avoid dying and taking a trip through UW. I don't think anyone likes the idea of avoiding this issue by either staying in the arena and dying instead of running or carrying a rostogol stone into a ND zone.

What i meant was that the dpa ranging trick causing the arenas to go unused, that seems blown a little out of proportion. And again i'm not against extending the ND zone. I'm saying until that day comes, now that the trick is for the most part general knowledge it should not present enough of a problem to kill the arenas. I should have been more specific, of course it's terrible to lose 1/2 mil gc.

Well i said it may kill the arenas completely in the event that more people start abusing it, which is quite possible.

Also, if the 'trick' is still working the way it used to, people don't always have the decision to just not leave the arena and die in there. Summons were being used to force people to step 2 (or 3?) spaces forwards.

Furthermore, don't think for a second that even now this is "general knowledge", it isn't.

Abuse of this bug apparently was going on for months before I ever heard of it and I have lots of PK'er friends and read the forums daily. Lots of people won't know about it, just because it gets discussed now and then on ch6 or forums doesn't automatically equate to it being general knowledge.

EDIT:

Additionally, it IS a bug.

Players can be killed by other players outside of a PK zone.

If that doesn't come under your definition of "bug" then your definition is something you need to take a good look at.

...and lastly, why have you even bothered posting in seeming opposition on this thread? Hell you even state your not against changing the ND zone later on...

Though, I shouldn't be surprised at all, in the almost 4 years I've regularly visited these forums they've been plagued with people who feel the need to be opposed to ideas when they have no good reason to be.

EDIT2:

I said before I wasn't saying change the way ranging works... but actually, ranging should be changed.

Right before damage is applied to an entity from ranging the following could be done:

IF damage receiver is player AND IF damage receiver's location is non-pk THEN do not apply damage

If that check was always done as the very last thing before applying ranging damage, unless the server was under mass load, it should fix the problem... and would not remove the, as you describe, "arrows acting like heat seekers when the target begins moving" for any legit purposes.

Edited by Korrode

Ok, upon looking back perhaps i may have come across as opposing doing something about the problem by acknowledging the (evil)creative thinking that figured it out? I was just thinking about that klingon from star trek 3 when i added that.

If you think i am one of "people who feel the need to be opposed to ideas when they have no good reason to be" you've got me figured wrong :pickaxe:

I never said i was opposed to doing something about it, was only posting to discuss weather or not it's a bug. But don't want to argue so done on that subject.

I like the idea of the code you posted, but i'm sure some other problem could easily emerge from the no drop zone extending too far from the arena.

just use diss/tele...problem solved :pickaxe:

I was gonna type a big reply on why this line of thinking isn't the way to go... but honestly, anyone who can't see how fucking idiotic this post is isn't worth my time to explain it to.

EDIT:

Oh, such a nice example of:

Though, I shouldn't be surprised at all, in the almost 4 years I've regularly visited these forums they've been plagued with people who feel the need to be opposed to ideas when they have no good reason to be.
Edited by Korrode

It'd also help a lot if rostos didn't poof if you die in a ND zone.

Brilliant idea - everyone wins. Players are happy they poof rostos instead of losing half their top gear in these situations and when leaving KF poisoned etc., radu gets more rostos poofed, newhope gets to continue to enjoy abusing this bug.

by far one of the best ideas i've heard. :pickaxe:

5 minutes ago at DPa:

[05:13:07] goraI_Yono: who got my stuff?

[05:13:18] kilomenjaro: i saved your sword

[05:13:31] goraI_Yono: i lost shield, sword, and armor

[05:13:38] Revik: in TD?

[05:13:41] kilomenjaro: well death stole others

[05:13:46] goraI_Yono: no here

[05:13:54] Revik: how did u drop here?

[05:13:57] goraI_Yono: this was supposed to be no drop zone?

[05:14:08] FanG: gey zone is no-drop

[05:14:09] kilomenjaro: he had a range lock on you

[05:14:12] Revik: was someone able to shoot you with an arrow and make you drop?

[05:14:25] goraI_Yono: yes

Problem remains.

EDIT:

Oh, and i'd like to point out, this wasn't newhope exploiting the bug. Wonder how many more people will start camping DPa to exploit it.

Edited by Korrode

The delay was not decreased enough so that the target can always safely exit the area. It was decreased just enough to make it harder for those using this feature.

It's not that hard to not fall into this trap. There are at least 2 very easy ways:

1. Make sure you have plenty of health when you exit.

2. When you exit, walk to the NDD zone outside the arena, wait for a second or so, then go out completely.

It's not that hard to not fall into this trap. There are at least 2 very easy ways:

I never meant to imply being a victim of the bug was unavoidable, i just think it needs to be carefully considered whether or not it's best that anyone, who doesn't happen to hear about this exploit first, should have to learn about it the hard way.

Edited by Korrode