Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
dig

New skill conjuration

How would all of you like to see a new skill called conjuration?

conjuration is where you will be able to temporaraly summon a weapon or armour for x ammount of seconds and the higher the level the more dmage and it will do better damage than bronze sword but will last for a certain ammount of seccond.

for example level 1 summon sword that does 1-3 damage and last 15 seconds and get x exp

and as levles go on u can summon better and better weapons and soon be able to conjur weapons better then bronze sword

also at higher levels u will be able to conjur armour for a certain ammount of time that will go over the armour u already wear but add + attributes to it

what if there was a cooldown on the weapons for x ammount of time and realize the conjured weapons will only last x amount of time so it would only be better thenbronze sword for that time then there is cooldown so it would be where u hae to know the time to use it etc

wat do u think?

Edited by dig

With all due respect, why does everything have to be better?

I think it's more important to make things balanced than to keep making overpowered items.

For that reason, I don't like this idea.

EDIT: After receiving a PM from Dig I would just like to say that it's not that I am mocking your idea. I just feel as if in EL we don't need more overpowered items/skills. Having more items like this in game will not keep players playing. It will frustrate more people than it will please. Having a balanced PK system with the current weapons/armors/etc will keep em coming back.

Edited by PaulB

It'd make an interesting skill..

If this skill were implanted, I'd literally be the first to level it. Having said that, I don't think it's fair to be able to deal more damage than say the bronze sword does at this time, as the bronzie does enough damage by itself. For that reason, I think the skill could be "abused" - let's keep things balanced rather than introducing more overpowered stoof :pickaxe:

i like the idea but i am thinking of the cost and how it would affect market.

I mean maybe for to summon a lvl 1 weapon u might need 2-3 iron bars some magic/death essence etc but what would it need to summon a sword better than bronze(considering the cost of the other top summoning monster "t3h dragon" etc)?

Also in most skills there is a way to make "profit" either by selling to npc or to players or in case of a/d/rang u can farm, so if we say u can summon a weapon powerfull enough to kill dragons fast to make profit, how long would it last? Also would smite summons spell would work against the summoned weapon/armor , or MI would work so u can "protect your summon" from smite summons spell?

If u have more thought about the skill, i would like to hear... but atm i cant see how it would work

its not summoning really its conjuring another weapon and there would be no magic to stop it and the weapon would last so long and yes u would be able to farm if u got the levels high enough and i talked to radu and said maybe make a new kind of ess/pot to use that would be more expensive etc at low levels it would be a gc sink like always yes but higher the level the better off you are. yes there would be cost it would not be able to kill a dragon in 5 seconds but it would help hurt the dragon alot if u had the levels pretty much wat im saying is the higher level the more damage/longer the item lasts so its up to u if u wanna be able to farm with it

its not summoning really its conjuring another weapon and there would be no magic to stop it and the weapon would last so long and yes u would be able to farm if u got the levels high enough and i talked to radu and said maybe make a new kind of ess/pot to use that would be more expensive etc at low levels it would be a gc sink like always yes but higher the level the better off you are. yes there would be cost it would not be able to kill a dragon in 5 seconds but it would help hurt the dragon alot if u had the levels pretty much wat im saying is the higher level the more damage/longer the item lasts so its up to u if u wanna be able to farm with it

I said smite summoned spell might protect you from conjuring skill because i cant imagine another spell (?) , because if top conjurers can do considerable damage to a dragon in few sec, i dont want to imgine what it can do in pk

I do not really seevthis useful for many players other than pkers. This is because many players do not fight let alone dea high damage and those thay do could just simply save up to buy a decent sword, one that woud last longer than a conjured one. Instead of this skill perhaps a reverse shied spell. Gives +3 to damage but for half the time as the spell.

ok i see wat ur saying so how about where theres a new spell like mi but ci conjure immunity and its just like mi it would be helpfull for everyone imo