Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
MephistopheLes

new stone

A stone which can be embedded into any aroumr or wepon to make the arm/wep HALF less breakable, would need high craft to embed, when embedded the item become for example; Orc Slayer of Less Breakage or something along those lines Red dragon Mail of less breakage ect... maybe needs a better name lol...

i cant be bothered to check if someone had posted something leik dis before so let me kno tytyytyt

CaLsoniC

Interesting idea, but I think there would need to be some items that can't have this stone embedded in them. Some items are meant to break easily, such as the bronze sword. There are already enough rdholms, too.

I imagine the manufacturers won't like this idea since it would reduce demand for their services.

As is often the case, the item risks not being useful. One of the following two situations would arise:

1. Stone too cheap. People would have their stuff embedded with the stone to make things less breakable; manufacturers would see less business, and moreover more good weapons/armours would stay in game, since fewer would be destroyed, hence their value would drop further - up to a point where it become cheaper to replace the broken armour, rather than embedding it with even a cheap stone (or to a point where the value of certain ingreds as set by NPCs prevents the value of the armour from dropping further).
  2. Stone too costly. People would not bother embedding their armour with a stone, if the risk of breakage multiplied by the value of the armour is below the cost of the stone (+ cost involved in the embedding process). Hence, the stone would see little to no use, and Radu would have spent a few hours or days implementing something that would go unused.

Beside, we already have a similar notion, enhanced armours; so far only the iron armour can be enhanced (by means of serpent stones); they become more resistent, and moreover if "broken" it degrades to normal iron armour, which can then be enhanced again. As you see, instead of reducing the chances of breaking, you get an armour which can be repaired over and over, which in the end (economically at least) amounts to the same thing: more durable armour. Your stone is then called "serpent stone". :pickaxe:

Maybe we could consider making other armour suites enhanceable? After all, we already have books in game to enhance weapons and other items...