Eternal Lands Official Forums
Racim

Problem for connection to EL

Hello all

Well, here's my problem.

I can not log on EL ...

When I run the client it myself out "you can not let you connect to server"

If this is my anti-virus software or my firewall, what is the solution?

(Knowing that I have AVG anti-virus)

If someone could help me it would be great!

Thank you in advance.

To my knowledge, AVG does not block outgoing connections. If you're running something like ZoneAlarm or Norton Internet Security, you might have to authorize every application that tries to access the internet. Any idea what firewall software you are running?

Well, let's just verify that your computer is unable to connect to the game server for starters, outside of the EL client. Borrowing from another post here...

• You might be unable to reach the game host due to some sort of firewall of misrouting. Open a command window (cmd.exe or a Shell window on Linux or whatever), and try: ping game.eternal-lands.com (if you get a response, you can reach the machine where the EL server is running)
  • It might be a port-related problem; for example, some provider allows access only to web sites (port 80 through HTTP), mail server, and such. To test that, try: telnet game.eternal-lands.com 2000 (if you get some text, then you can actually connect the EL server)

These are the first tests; if you could please try them and post here what output you get, if any, for each test, we might be able to diagnose further.

Also, to try and identify what, if any, additional firewall software you have installed and running, you can hover your mouse over the icons in the system tray (near the clock in the bottom right) and make note of the names of applications that are running. You can also browse your start menu to see what might be installed.

I gave you some other things to try to see if you can connect to the Eternal Lands server outside of the EL client. You'll see the tests described in the post where I quoted Usl.

I'm having the same issue as far as not being able to connect. On start up I get to "connecting to server" and it never connects.

The reason I'm posting a reply here is because whatever help you offer might help me as well...

I want to ask a question and not sure if it will help Racim or not but I've read previous post concerning connection issues and alot reference port:2000 along with chr0nik post quoting Usl

well when I go into my EL program file "EL.ini" (think this is correct) it list port: 2001 in one of the first couple of lines.

Am I missing something here?? Is port 2000 one used from before now its 2001, or this line referring to 2001 nothing to think about, EL uses the 2000 port?????

I tried changing any file that referenced 2001 to 2000, but still got no change in my connection problem so I'm guessing this line referring to port 2001 is nothing the game even uses when loading.

I have McAfee virus software and having given full permissons to the EL program which changed nothing, turned off firewall completely...nothing. All I did was go from 1.80 to 1.90

Racim I hope I dont take away from your post and only bring more ideas to help us both resolve our connection problems.

Thanks,

Tsu/Bush

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.