Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Deopolis

Shop Item for Harvesters

How about an enhanced/better quality Harvester Medallion that would be EL SHOP ONLY. An enhanced Harvester Medallion that has a lower chance of breakage as opposed to the ones ingame, that is only available in EL SHOP.

This excludes the current ingame Harvester Medallion. This is merely a suggestion for a better one with a lesser chance of breakage that can be bought from EL Shop.

FEEDBACK pls :devlish:

definately would buy and would like to see it approved. great idea. :devlish:

I'd spend some $$ on one that didn't break from harvesting (could still break from acid rain or combat or the like). Like a crown or bandanna, it will last forever if you don't have an accident like wearing it in combat. Similar price range, $10-$20. But even a lower chance of breakage wouldn't be worth real money to me.

Rather than replace the harvester medallion, why not purchase a reasonably priced shop item that acts like a saving stone of sorts for the existing medallion - e.g. it poofs instead of your medallion. That could generate recurring revenue for the shop and support the game, it addresses the issue of confusion over similar items (or scamming) and still allows for demand for crafted medallions.

The Medallion wouldnt last a "lifetime", but would be listed like other shop items,but the breakage rate would be lowered as opposed to the current ingame Harvester Medallions (not replacing current ingame Harvester medallion). And also @ Littlebig, there ARE at least 2 other quality items ingame atm (if i am understanding you correctly) rad rapier and thermy's are with "warranty" i.e. when bought from shop as opposed to buying from players ingame.But i am not considering this EL Shop medallion to have one. And once again i donnot wish to "replace" the current ingame harvester medallion. But to offer a better "grade" of one with a lesser breakage rate in which can be purchased on EL SHOP ONLY.

some sort of saving stone for existing med might be ok, if it were reasonably priced and maybe we could buy a bunch for discount too might be nice. I can see that people would no longer want to use the crafted harv med and I make them myself, tho I have not used them myself for awhile except on 3x harvest day (cant spell the name of that day so wont try)....I think the important thing is that it is available in shop and that it was a real actual improvement. I am willing to pay more for more improvement, but less willing to pay for a miniscule or unnoticeable improvement. Not that I want perfection, I am not needing the ultimate harvesting tool that never broke or that made it absolutely easy to like afk harvest. Because of problems before mini events were introduced and I think there must be some checks on absolute sail free afk harvesting....but it would be nice to be able to harvest without paying so much attention lest you find out in a bit you have been "harvesting air" for how long....I think either the making sure the store bougth harv meds said "enhanced havest medallion" or going the way of a kind of saving stone for harv meds, what we would call it I am not sure but that is not too important at this stage. I do have to agree though that that the enhanced harv med may very well be the death sentence to the ingame harv med, which would not at all be the case if we went with a stone to save the medallion.

Like the idea...and as some said before perhaps a special stone to be added to the harvs med we already have in the game , but with this stone perhaps having a better chance of not getting broken...That indeed i will spend my money on :D

I'm still on the school of thought that says get rid of mini events. Its been more then a year since they have been added and they still have to be the most hated addition to EL ever. People are STILL leaving because of their tedium.

Still need a shop money maker? Keep the mini events in but institute the Gold membership idea that has been batted around. One of the benefits to being a gold member is that you have no mini events. The regular harvest medallion could stay in game for the people who don't have gold status so there is still a way around them and you can't say that there is a part of the game you HAVE to pay for.

A bit off topic i know but in a weird way...still kinda on.

While a lot of people dislike the mini events I cannot say now that I dislike them...

You obtain more gc and exp while harvesting and this is great imo because harvest is the only skill that doesn't have continuous experience like all the other skills.

Don't try to say that you cannot make profit during harvesting with the cost of the medallion because I know that is just not true...

The ingreads for the harvester medallion are really easy to obtain (1 Seridium Bar, 2 Gold Bars, 20 Red Toadstools and 10 Fire Essences). These ingreads are very easy to come by even by newer players with just a few harvest levels and with the amount of difficulty leveling crafting I really doubt you would have a problem finding someone who would be willing to mix the medallions for you.

Problem is that a lot of people just buy the harv meds instead of collecting the ingreads and saving their gold coin. This isn't a game flaw but more of a player decision.

But if there was to be any change I have to say I like Nova's idea here.

That would help farmers... i dont think its a great idea

The shop bought harv med would help the farmers? Or the gold membership with the 'no mini' option?

If you are talking about the gold thing with no minis-

You don't think a monthly (bi-monthly, every 6months, once a year, whatever) fee would discourage the farming? I do. As it is now farmer alts can just hang a harv med and harv in non mini peace for however long it lasts. I doubt there would be much change really except that people who really don't like minis, or who never got used to them or whatever now have an option to stop them all together, plus whatever other goodies might come with gold membership (there is a thread in general chat from a few months back that lists more possibility's)

@ Paul. I'll admit that the little bits of xp after the harv hour is over is 'nice' but I would gladly give it up in favor of not having to stare at the screen and click every 20 seconds. Also I didn't see anyone in thread saying anything about not being able to profit from harvesting with the meds being priced as they are...

And @ (i think) yethq. I think the idea of depletable harvestables would be a good combat against total afk harving. It would make harving slightly more interactive and hopefully less click intensive. :D