Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Dchels

New daily quest

Hi,

Was asked to supply 30 leather pants for the new daily quest, when i returned with them the NPC said "I asked for 30 iron shields"

checked what he needed for help "I think you still have to bring me 30 leather pants.."

Davy

Same happened for me.

However, he accepted the shields and I could complete the quest.

Edited by Eufonium

radu said that would be a problem because it wasnt tested enough

Ahh, the Micro$oft model of software development. Oh how I wish I could blame bugs on the testers in my job... :P

radu said that would be a problem because it wasnt tested enough

Ahh, the Micro$oft model of software development. Oh how I wish I could blame bugs on the testers in my job... :P

So what's your problem? Sure, you are right if you say 1 day is a bit short

for testing something new out. But on the other hand, if a sufficient player

base would have taken 5 min of its time to simply log onto test server and test

the new quest, I am sure the problem would have become obvious earlier.

I tested the new quest and got 30 leather helmets, no problems here.

But I took those few minutes to test it, so what?

The same applies to the new tutorial quest. Sure it takes longer to test,

but as an essential part to get new/more players into the game, I think it

could have had more testers from our side to give radu some input.

So what's your problem?

A design/implementation methodology that not only expects, but depends on end-user testing to find bugs prior to feature release, then blames the users for bugs that still exits. In my work experience, I have always been expected to find and fix any problems through unit and integration testing before the project is complete. Any bugs found in QA after I declare the feature ready are at the very least an embarrassment. Any bugs that make it to customers can be much more serious and potentially very expensive to the company.

The same applies to the new tutorial quest.

The tutorial quest could be in a different class. While it may include simple bug finding, I would also see it as larger feature (or design) testing. Of course that's independent of any of the feedback being acted upon.

The game is beta so we are all inherently testers, no? Comparing a single server side developer deploying features in a beta game/product to a production development environment with QA/test staff is silly, but do go on, please.

The game is beta so we are all inherently testers, no? Comparing a single server side developer deploying features in a beta game/product to a production development environment with QA/test staff is silly, but do go on, please.

To be pefectly honest - "this game is beta" has become more of a mommy's skirt, whenever problem emerges. This game is beta for many years. But being beta does not necesserily means that any bug or glitch found is automatically excused or that the players are blamed for not finding them in time. If you really want to blame players for not testing it deeply, you would need to add this to licence agreement or in-game rules, otherwise it's not much valid for players...

(Personal note: 3 titanium chainmails as a random task in this quest is hardly a low to mid-level item sink, more like EFE sink IMO...)

Completion works with the shields

I run in to the same bug yesterday. :confused:

A new chalange for me to carry 30 iron shields with EMU 320 ...

Maybe i am able to finished this task in some years. :w00t:

regards

Corleth

p.s.

there is realy a test server? :pirate:

Edited by CorlethEL