Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Raytray

Giant Rat

Instead of a simple rat being pulled out of the dung house, perhaps either more of them at one time or have the rat be larger. Bear sized and with ~1k hp. It's a/d would stay the same and generally be a pest as rats generally are. It would also make the GIWS message slightly more significant than it is now (announcing a single rat that's usually dead before the message is even posted?)

The drops wouldn't even be much more significant, 5 tails, 5 raw meat, 5 bones and perhaps a sum of gc anywhere from 0-100gc. (Or even leather gloves that slipped into the loo)

Always wanted something else then a rat or a giant rat come out of the crap and as we where saying in the GM when we talked about this it would make the phrase "Eeeek a rat!" more understandable :icon13:

Doesn't have to drop several rat tails just one but perhaps a bit more meat and bones since it is a giant rat.

I agree with Raytray.

The normal rat should be changed into something else.

My suggestion is to replace the rat with a Sslessar.

They are not too easy and not too hard to kill. And im sure they live down there in the sewers. :)

I agree with Raytray.

They are not too easy and not too hard to kill. And im sure they live down there in the sewers. :)

Yeah, and will also kill afk’ers. I think Ray meant something for fun, not another Bulungiu surprise (it was Bula that was pulled some months ago, wasn’t it?).

I agree with Raytray.

Have you killed many Sslessars lately, using only leather gloves and excavator cape? :)

You're right, they are not that hard to kill for a moderate strong player, who is prepared and fully armoured, not for an afk harvesting unaware dungbeetle (if someone suggests to not be afk during dung harvest - get real please)

It WAS a Mare Bulangiu the first time this effect appeared. The problem, beside the complains, was that noone was killing them if they shown up in single combat maps. I remember one alive during 3 rl days.

Yes, the MB was way too strong because there are only a few players in the game who can handle it on a single combat map. It took sometimes hours to take the MB out.

But a Sslessar? 300Hps around 100s A/D? Spawns max. once or twice a week?

Of course this would not be a nice event and they are not easy to kill with leather gloves, but wasnt it the original idea of this event?

I think a Sslessar would best answer the original purpose.

Otherwise there is no need to let the GIWS announce it in main channel.

I think a Sslessar would best answer the original purpose.

I can already see dying niewbies, afk’ers, alts at PL docks. :)

Original Giant Rat idea would be cool :)

What's the point in making a giant rat, when it can be a yeti or something?

Could it be a random mob, from rat to mare balungia? A large range of mobs?

Yeah a random one would be nice :pickaxe: with in reason... I don't harvest dung a LOT but maybe one day when I am a bit better (in the low 70s).

Suppose the lower creaters are more common than the high.

Dung would become more rare I would think. I don't know the percentage of pulling a creature is, but normally dung harvesters couldn't fight a yeti, even in full gear. Not to mention it takes 6 nexuses to harvest it, so I honestly don't see fighters harvesting dung :pickaxe:

At least that is why I would think it wouldn't be a good idea. It seems like dung is used everyday, so the demand is high.

Edited by Lexi

Yeah a random one would be nice :pickaxe: with in reason... I don't harvest dung a LOT but maybe one day when I am a bit better (in the low 70s).

Suppose the lower creaters are more common than the high.

Dung would become more rare I would think. I don't know the percentage of pulling a creature is, but normally dung harvesters couldn't fight a yeti, even in full gear. Not to mention it takes 6 nexuses to harvest it, so I honestly don't see fighters harvesting dung :pickaxe:

At least that is why I would think it wouldn't be a good idea. It seems like dung is used everyday, so the demand is high.

The demand of dung is not as high as the amount of dung on the market imo

I bet if I had the gc's I could scrounge up 500k dung tonight :pickaxe:

I would buy it if I knew people sold it.

Maybe I miss the announcements, I don't see many people selling it.

I just want it for the daily, lol.. I know I am lazy, but it would take me a long time to harvest it atm.

Edited by Lexi

I would buy it if I knew people sold it.

Maybe I miss the announcements, I don't see many people selling it.

I just want it for the daily, lol.. I know I am lazy, but it would take me a long time to harvest it atm.

Announce on market channel that you are interested in purchasing it. Many will sell for 3.5. I know at least three players with 250k+ of the stuff in sto. Probably are more (look at harv level 100+ people)

I just want it for the daily, lol.. I know I am lazy...

I try and keep a couple hundred on a bot in Tars just for the lazy people... :whistle: