Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
SlimPickins

idea for a new special day

Idea for a new special day, Crazy Mixed Up XP Day.

On this day, all xp earned goes to a different skill than normal. Each time this day happens, the xp distribution is randomly selected. One Crazy Mixed Up XP Day, all alchemy xp goes to defence, attack xp goes to crafting, etc. The next Crazy Mixed Up XP Day, alch xp goes to something else, etc.

I figure people would either do different activities to get xp in their usual skill, or do their usual activity but get xp in a typically ignored skill. Either way, this would be good for variety.

Idea for a new special day, Crazy Mixed Up XP Day.

On this day, all xp earned goes to a different skill than normal. Each time this day happens, the xp distribution is randomly selected. One Crazy Mixed Up XP Day, all alchemy xp goes to defence, attack xp goes to crafting, etc. The next Crazy Mixed Up XP Day, alch xp goes to something else, etc.

I figure people would either do different activities to get xp in their usual skill, or do their usual activity but get xp in a typically ignored skill. Either way, this would be good for variety.

I like it

Imagine training as hell whole day and then find out that you made about 1Mxp to ranging instead :) Funny as hell, I like it too ;)

The problem I see with the idea is that a point of xp has a very different cost for each skill.

People would quickly figure out which exp goes to which skill, and then if they got lucky they could get lots of cheap exp in skills like ranging or tailoring.

In some skills it's possible to get a million exp/hour - for skills like ranging or tailoring it gets nowhere close to that.

Edited by Choris

As said, this could not work.

All skills are not equal. A/D in particular are extremely fast to level compared to any other skill. No matter what skills the experience went to, the majority would just fight to get up those skills because it's the fastest experience.

Which would in the end do nothing but make high-levels for skills a person has never actually done, while those who truly work in that skill would end up looking like newbies in their own preferred skill.

(Start at tailoring 0, training on yeti or chims or such, suddenly a high-level tailor without having actually done anything in the skill. Just one example. I've personally earned my way just to tailoring 37, which alone is difficult. To see others kick chims for 6 hours and get well past that would be a piss-off at best.)

(Start at tailoring 0, training on yeti or chims or such, suddenly a high-level tailor without having actually done anything in the skill. Just one example. I've personally earned my way just to tailoring 37, which alone is difficult. To see others kick chims for 6 hours and get well past that would be a piss-off at best.)

You could also get to tailoring 37 without actually doing anything in the skill by reading xp books, so what difference does this make? I'm tailoring 26 and the only tailoring I've done is 190 white fabric.

maybe something like half the exp goes to another skill instead of all of it? (doesn't necessarily have to be half, just an example) or maybe the percentage of exp going to another skill changes, like on scholars day

Edited by hobobob38

As said, this could not work.

All skills are not equal. A/D in particular are extremely fast to level compared to any other skill. No matter what skills the experience went to, the majority would just fight to get up those skills because it's the fastest experience.

Which would in the end do nothing but make high-levels for skills a person has never actually done, while those who truly work in that skill would end up looking like newbies in their own preferred skill.

let make it truly random, for every 10 minutes you play something the exp divide will change randomly. that way, people cannot decide to do this or that to get up a specific level. And towards the purpos, i am not a summoner potioneer or tailor because it is not favourable for the pickpoint divide i have. And i have no intendion to do something in it. but if i would get a lot of exp in it through such random assignments, i might at one time consider taking it up. (I am abrove level 20 in engeneering summoning ranging ant in potions making, without doing much in any of those fields. only through qutests. so if such unfairnesses exists, then i think such a special day may have also its merrits)

No way this would work coz of the different cost of leveling the skills.

If you want a new #day, a pr0 one would be a "No Nexuses Day" (but still you will need to read the books).

No way this would work coz of the different cost of leveling the skills.

If you want a new #day, a pr0 one would be a "No Nexuses Day" (but still you will need to read the books).

No nexus day ftw :medieval:

maybe something like half the exp goes to another skill instead of all of it? (doesn't necessarily have to be half, just an example) or maybe the percentage of exp going to another skill changes, like on scholars day

As Hobo pointed out... it could be just half or 1/3 or 1/4 exp given to another skill...it doesnt matter in the end which one.. its as the name of the days said Crazy Mixing Day :))

I like the idea and think this will be fun and besides when Radu is on usually on such important days he can always change it after 3hours of in game playing...it doesnt have to be the whole 6hours :D

I think players who are having difficulties to get up in one skill can be helped in such a day...and maybe some of them could change their minds, as VinoVeritas pointed out, and start getting some work on those lvls... Yes i think its a great idea ;)

Edited by Immortelle

Maybe make a list with "easy" to level skill, down to the hardest skills.

You will get a list like:

1 def

2 att

3 alch (?)

4 pot (?)

5 harv (?)

etc. (debatable -> POLL?)

The easier skills will have a higher % chance to criss-cross and the harder the skill, the lower the % is that it's mixed with a higer skill.

Vica versa, harder skills have a higher % to criss cross with other harder skills and a lower % chance to hit an easier skill.

This combined with a time-period (like 15 minutes?) where everything is switched again :D

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

or, 2nd attempt:

Make a list a few easy skills that can be exchanged without (many) problems. Like the top-6 easy skills or so.

Those can be criss crossed.

The other skills (below those top-6) are also exchangable amongst each other.

This way harder skills can never be exchanged with the easiest skills.

(possibly again with a time period of ~15 minutes?)

^^

I like the idea, but also have second thoughts ... maybe this input can change the perspective a bit?