Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Entropy

Lower manu items sink

I am implementing a new daily quest, which will act as a sink for the surplus lower manu level items. Stuff that normally Trick buys, but other things as well.

So we are going to have leather helms, leather torso and pants, leather gloves.. What else do you want?

And it must be an item usable for combat, weapon or armor.

i think it might depend on how many the npc is going to ask for. some of the chainmails and swords need an awful lot of iron/steel bars

edit* all the fur clothing is a good idea imo but i don't know if it will fit what is being asked for. he said combat stuff

Edited by Nova

Leather gear, fur clothes, ti shorts, iron chain, steel chain, iron broadsword, iron long sword, iron shield.

The reason why I mention those metal items is to combat against drops and help raise the price for the items to roughly ingredient price. It is sometimes hard to sell them for as much as the ingredients because of drops and lack of demand when for a just a little more than ingreds price of that item, they could buy a better one.

I guess it depends on the purpose of the sink. Is it:

1. To remove items made by people grinding manu (leather helms would be the big one).

2. To remove the excess of monster drops of lower-level manu items (all the stuff listed above).

If it's #1, the quest helps people working the manu skill. If it's #2, the quest helps a/d trainers who's storage is filling up with drops they can't sell or use.

Additionally if it's #2, the quest becomes more-or-less free for a/d trainers with a surplus of the stuff, and more costly to anyone else who would have to make or buy the items for the quest.

I'm not saying any of this is good or bad, just pointing out the consequences based on the purpose.

Tit shorts sound good imo, but should be the top end item for a daily quest like this.

Remember it needs arti nexus 4, if it's a quest aimed to be for everyone it could be

a prob (tit short is only dropped by small gargs iirc), if it's intended to be for ppl

leveling manu, then it's fine I guess.

It's just a thing I want to point out. Thumbs up for this new daily quest idea :):D

If you continue like that, we could have a daily quest for every skill in the future :)

Looking forward to it...

I really like the idea of a manu daily :)

Would you consider some missions on the manu daily where the npc provides the ings (maybe direct to sto as some manu ings can get pretty heavy for more than a couple things), you have to mix them into armor/weapons for him, and then he takes them out of sto when you're done? The player would have to cover the crit fails. Maybe make it require a minimum manu level before you can get those missions to prevent abuse from people making alts to get the ings. And just like the mule quest, you could only ever abuse it once, since you'd have to finish.

This would make some of the missions completely about manufacturing instead of being mostly about acquiring the ings, with making stuff the npc wants only being a small part of the time needed to do the quest each day. I worry that once the surplus runs out, harvesting and making the ings from scratch(especially large numbers of metal bars) might take too long for a daily quest. For example, if the npc wanted 10 steel chains, that would be 160 steel bars, and would take me about 2 hours, maybe a little more to make that many bars harvesting all the ings, but would take me only 1-2 minutes to make into chains.

Thanks!

Q

Id suggest

leather helms

Leather boots

Leather pants

Auggie pants/torsos

Not leather torsos as they are to easy to buy from npc.

Iron swords

Iron broad swords

Iron helms

Iron shields

Iron chainmail

Iron axe as a top end item maybe as well

The bonus would have to be better than 3x school day.

I would vote iron helmets, but that would help the evil orc farmers?

Just make it take leather helmets, no other manu item is produced nearly as much.

and all you people who said ti short, just send em my way.

Edited by boognish

Just to put things in the context, this won't be a manu quest per se, it will be a low and low to medium level manu items sink. Since not everyone has any manu skill, some manuers will be able to sell their stuff to other players who don't have those items and can't make them themselves. The EXP reward will actually be a/d not manu.

There will eventually be a (different) real manu skill quest.

Hats: skunk, racoon, fur, leather helm.

Ring and med mold, mortars.

I really wish people were reading my post before replying..

The EXP reward will actually be a/d not manu.

Yeah if this is the case the stick with things that are monster drops that can also be lower/mid manu and not cheaply bought from an NPC, that way once the A/D people run out of stock in their sto they can buy them from Manuers or bots for the quest creating more of a market for the common items and incentive for manuers to make a some for the quests give a little xp along the way.

So these are monster and makeable:

Iron sword

Iron Broad

Steel long

Steel two edge

Ti Short

Leather helm

Iron Helm

Steel Chain

Iron Shield

Leather Pants

Leather Boots

These are nice but easy from NPC:

Padded leather

Iron Chain

These are nice but not monster drops(but if you want to spur some manu in EL might be good occasional quest items):

Steel Shield

Aug Leather torso

Aug leather pants

Iron Axe

Steel Axe

Yes i put the steel long and s2e in there, there is already a market for them so they are available and monster drops so i see no problem in them being a quest item as well.

my 2 cents

Oops, sorry Radu, i forgot the part about Trick, But i still think that hats could be in the categorie.

Oops, sorry Radu, i forgot the part about Trick, But i still think that hats could be in the categorie.

I think it's

And it must be an item usable for combat, weapon or armor

I think it's

Knowing the devious way a certain God's mind works - I guess the quest will be break an XX in combat...

So would be great to add hats to this and see people sailing into kf in all sorts of odd outfits - begging to be brodded...

I think it's

Knowing the devious way a certain God's mind works - I guess the quest will be break an XX in combat...

So would be great to add hats to this and see people sailing into kf in all sorts of odd outfits - begging to be brodded...

ROFLMAO