Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
dipi

Do you use Sounds?

Sounds  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Do you use the sounds and music in EL?

• Yes
    • No

Just the sounds, not the music. I like the environmental sounds in particular and have the crowd sounds turned all the way down - those were annoying. I play my own music as I'm sure most do.

I used to use warning sounds, but recently got

alcOpenDevice(): Error initializing sound: ALC_NO_ERROR

again so havn't really tried to fix it.

I downloaded the sound when it was new to EL but when i turned it on it crashed EL for me or made me recync like hell so i killed it again.

After that i just haven't taken the time to get it again after i got a new comp, most of the time i have the speakers off anyways but i have told my self several times that i should check the music and sounds out i'm just waiting for it to happen ;P

I downloaded the sound when it was new to EL but ...
Same here, although in my case I found some of the sounds very distracting (eating was one of the really bad ones) that I turned them off. In like manor, I tried the music but found the abrupt changes with map changes also distracting. Add to that, much of the time I play where I don't want sound anyway (even with headphones).

I used to use the sound, sound warnings and the music. I have not gotten the music to work (or attempted too much to get it to work) for a long time. I used the sound warnings to let me know when my bot did any business or anything. It would make a baaaaaaaaaaaaaah sound. Not sure why the sound is in EL since it has no sheep, but oh well. lol I need to get it set up again since I lost my setting for it. lol

Honestly, I think the sound and music files need updated since they have not been updated for a Very long time. Last I knew, they still came in a zip with "150" in the name, meaning it was from EL 1.50. That is kind of ancient.

I don't play with sounds as I am usually multi-tasking while playing. I used the sounds a few times and wasn't too impressed...I haven't tried them since the latest client change though...

I like the sounds and music for this game but not using them because makes me sleepy - also connected some messages with alert sounds (like harvesting stop, got harmed etc) so sounds helps to get noticed about the events better here (also sheep voice when got pmed hehe).

No, I dont use sounds.I tryed them about some time ago and i didnt liked that so now i sometimes listen to radio,to music that i like in youtube, ..

I use sounds and i like very much gives mroe reality to the maps. Also the warnings are very usefull ! but after update sometimes they don't work, don't know why... :)