Eternal Lands Official Forums
Ozmondius

Itm Lst Function

I may not be using this new feature correctly, but it appears to me that it is basically an item and quantity reminder.

If that's the case, I would suggest going three steps further, and 1) making the remembered items slot specific (they are listed in the slot they were in your inventory), 2) adding an "Equipment" section which shows the items you had equipped when you made the list, and 3) adding a "load" function that loads the items in the quantities and slots they were in when you created the list, assuming you have all items in your storage.

I have always thought the ability to group load your inventory would be wonderful and this is the first step.

If my assumption that it is basically an item and quantity reminder is incorrect and I'm using it wrong, please advise.

Indeed, I have especially been looking forward to this feature, and really like Bluaps interpretation of it, hoping it was just 'forgotten' maybe?

I've now read the programming string. I see that problems with implementation have to do with possible macro'ing concerns. The advancement in game play would be huge. I hope that some solution is possible.

As pointed out, macroing is still a concern. There was also not enough time to consider the server changes required. I now have an update waiting to be considered that allows left click on an item in the preview window to transfer items from storage to inventory. The category is automatically selected as required. Currently, it gradually remembers where your object are and saves the information between sessions. This does not require a server change. The complete file could be a standard part of the data though. I think this extra feature is less macro friendly and so might be OK even if full list retrieval is not approved.