Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

1.9.0 Win32 final

!!!!READ EVERYTHING HERE, DO NOT POST ANYTHING UNTIL YOU FULLY READ AND DO WHAT IS WRITTEN HERE.!!!!

This is the FINAL 1.9.0 release version.

We plan to have a server update sometime this weekend, so it is a good idea to download it now.

http://www.eternal-lands.com/el_190_install.exe

After downloading it, you have two choices: Install it right away, or wait for the server update and then install it. If you install it right now, you will experience some minor map issues, such as falling through the ground, and a few areas not being accessible.

I do suggest you install it now though.

When you will install it, you MUST delete everything in your EL folder, except for sound and music (if you have it). Do not make backups of the old data, do not install it in some other directory. Install it exactly where your EL folder is. No exceptions!

Really do like the (seems to be) enhanced graphics. The emotes are REALLY win. Pretty much all around awesome.

Great job. Don't remove falling into random pits though :confused: its just to funny to see.

As reported by Eadric and other players it seems the EL icon is missing (both window and linux version). I did a quick check, indeed the icon.bmp file is not in the package and

gl_init.c: SDL_WM_SetIcon(SDL_LoadBMP("icon.bmp"), NULL);

fails setting the icon to the default one. There is a el_icon.png tho, is it the new icon? should it be loaded by gl_init? On my linux renaming it to icon.bmp doesn't work.

I put the elc.ico which SHOULD be the file that is used, since I do not have an el.bmp in my directory at all...

is it normal for the 3D map markers' text to be on the top layer of the screen? (i see the 3D marker text on top of channel text, on top of objects......)

elscreen064.jpg

note the Sunflower marker in the background....

Edited by eadricng

is it normal for the 3D map markers' text to be on the top layer of the screen? (i see the 3D marker text on top of channel text, on top of objects......)

@#!!@@ no it isn't ;)

Correcting it asap...

EDIT:

ok, it should work now

Edited by Fedora

elbug.jpg

sorry ...but....I think the 3D marker is still oddd looking? (it's on top of hte channel text? or is the tranparency messing with my eyes?)

don't kill me pl0x :(

You know, I follow the Japanese philosophy to always introduce an imperfection in your code not to anger the gods... :omg:

Corrected...

:laugh: that's fefe for you :laugh:

nice work :(

...and there is a small bug in spells.xml (radiation spell uses 4 magic essences not fire...tnx JaxomCA). Cvs updated.

Will the new spells.xml be rolled out via the auto-update?

I remade for the 3rd time the client, it has has all the fixes. For those who downloaded it earlier, I guess they can get that file (and the bin) from a friend or something. Not really big issues anyway.

Ok please post all map bugs in the map bugs forum. The update is over, I needed you guys to find the bugs BEFORE then ;)

It is meaningless to report bugs now, we are not going to fix them. You had over a month, where we almost begged people to test.

Ok please post all map bugs in the map bugs forum. The update is over, I needed you guys to find the bugs BEFORE then ;)

Sorry for being so slow, didn't notice those flying boxes till this morning, all map bugs I found while testing had been reported.