Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DarthCookie

The Heath Care Bill

Thought I might add for the sake of my argument, we pay 8% of our income for healthcare. In the US the average is about 17%.

Did you know the most expansive tax cuts in American history were passed under President Obama?

You mean how he gave us 400 bucks each, or what?

I'm merely pointing out taxes haven't gone up.

Yes, he also made and gave out all kinds of money to everyone, it was meant for people to go splurge on stuff to boost the economy, but you know damn well people paid off bills. it was a very stupid idea. he is only cutting taxes more to get people to like him, so that he could pass that stupid bill

Gosh, that silly federal government, helping people pay off their bills. What an awful group of people, right?

Srsly though, I don't have a problem with the government spending, they can just keep borrowing.

Lets pay taxes , let the teenagers girls be moms and pay for their homes and child support etc.. why not? LOL After all thats the best be can do.. isnt it?

Politics are everywhere the same as a player in the game, ghio, says !!!!

Edited by Immortelle

Did you know the most expansive tax cuts in American history were passed under President Obama?

Yes, he also made and gave out all kinds of money to everyone, it was meant for people to go splurge on stuff to boost the economy, but you know damn well people paid off bills. it was a very stupid idea. he is only cutting taxes more to get people to like him, so that he could pass that stupid bill

Gosh, that silly federal government, helping people pay off their bills. What an awful group of people, right?

Srsly though, I don't have a problem with the government spending, they can just keep borrowing.

@ the first quote : For people making a certain amount of money they have, and they will for others soon too. Obama lied about everything else he campaigned for (except for the spreading the wealth around), so why should this be any different?

@ the second : Yeah, what an awful group of bastards people.

Srsly though, why screw up the economy with more spending with no return? (Some of that group of awful people want our economy screwed up because they are radical shits who want a world government)

@ the first quote : For people making a certain amount of money they have, and they will for others soon too. Obama lied about everything else he campaigned for (except for the spreading the wealth around), so why should this be any different?

@ the second : Yeah, what an awful group of bastards people.

Srsly though, why screw up the economy with more spending with no return? (Some of that group of awful people want our economy screwed up because they are radical shits who want a world government)

do you know what you are talking about? you expect to spend something and immediatly see anything for it in return?

fgs you got the free money, spend it, the money you spend circles around, it could end up at your employer and use it to let you keep your job

spend more and companies get more money to spend on their employees, letting them keep their job and/or give them raises extra bonuses,

more money ends up at your government that way who can use it to repair roads, make things more safe and what not

Edited by Infamous

do you know what you are talking about? you expect to spend something and immediatly see anything for it in return?

fgs you got the free money, spend it, the money you spend circles around, it could end up at your employer and use it to let you keep your job

spend more and companies get more money to spend on their employees, letting them keep their job and/or give them raises extra bonuses,

more money ends up at your government that way who can use it to repair roads, make things more safe and what not

With what money? Your right about the spending, how it puts back into the economy (Reagan presidency).

But for people to spend freely, major tax cuts would be in order... nobody (smart) is going to spend without being able to pay their taxes.

With what money? Your right about the spending, how it puts back into the economy (Reagan presidency).

But for people to spend freely, major tax cuts would be in order... nobody (smart) is going to spend without being able to pay their taxes.

with the $400 bucks ^^

not everyone isnt able to pay their taxes, those who can, can use the free $400 to spend and stimulate, added up thats quite alot

and Obama promised tax cuts for working class families

whatever you spend it on, even taxes, it ends up somewhere and comes back to you in some way.

for example: here when companies have a hard time, like farms, they get extra money from the government, the farm gets tax money and is able to continue providing us with food.

it most likely is the same over there

people are just afraid of change, and expect results immediatly, but fixing something like this takes time

to make an easy comparisment: people were like "fk cooldown, i dont want that, omg it will ru1n ze gam3!!@~@~@" now after some time its beneficial to the game

about Reagan

His policies resulted in the largest peacetime economic boom in American history and nearly 35 million more jobs. As the Joint Economic Committee reported in April 2000

so if im right about the spending, the economy will be up and running again and lots more jobs get added (soon?)

Edited by Infamous

I think the figure was something like 95% of Americans recieved tax cuts. I'd wager you weren't part of the 5% that didn't. Get back to me when your taxes go up.

With money that we borrow. Yeesh.

I think the figure was something like 95% of Americans recieved tax cuts. I'd wager you weren't part of the 5% that didn't. Get back to me when your taxes go up.

You do realize we are over 11 million in debt, with no end of spending and borrowing in sight?

Example A: You are American, you visit England to let them know how much better America is and while there you break your leg in 5 places and fracture your skull after trying some real beer and getting drunk very quickly. You are rushed to hospital in a brand new state of the art ambulance where you are placed in the care of some of Englands finest doctors who mend your leg and also give you a CAT scan to make sure you dont have serious brain injuries.

When you are discharged the doctor wishe you a happy flight home and the nurses remark on what a lovely expensive digital camera you have and how luck you are it didnt break when you fell off that moving train.

Yo are not billed for any treatment recieved.

Example B: You are English , you visit America to let them know how much better England is and while there you trip over a fucking huge hotdog that you cannot believe anyone could eat in one sitting, breaking your leg in five places and fracturing your skull. You are rushed to hospital in an ambulance that costs you $250 where you are met by the health insurence representative who asks if you got teh monies. You dont have said monies and you are transfered by taxi to the nearest poor people hospital. You are treated and they mend your leg which costs you around $17k dollars and are given a quick CAT scan which sets you back another $35k.

As you are discharged from hospital they remind you that the price doesnt include tax and your final bill reaches somewhere into the $58k dollars range. Before you leave America you are tased by a TSA goon at JFK Airport because you told him you cant take the fucking bolts of out of my fucking leg its broken its not a fucking bomb

You do realize we are over 11 million in debt, with no end of spending and borrowing in sight?

Who cares? We can keep borrowing. The US has never defaulted on its debt, and probably never will. Why would people/nations keep lending if they didn't think we would pay it back?

#edit: forgot a word.

Edited by Shujral

Example A: You are American, you visit England to let them know how much better America is and while there you break your leg in 5 places and fracture your skull after trying some real beer and getting drunk very quickly. You are rushed to hospital in a brand new state of the art ambulance where you are placed in the care of some of Englands finest doctors who mend your leg and also give you a CAT scan to make sure you dont have serious brain injuries.

When you are discharged the doctor wishe you a happy flight home and the nurses remark on what a lovely expensive digital camera you have and how luck you are it didnt break when you fell off that moving train.

Example B: You are English , you visit America to let them know how much better England is and while there you trip over a fucking huge hotdog that you cannot believe anyone could eat in one sitting, breaking your leg in five places and fracturing your skull. You are rushed to hospital in an ambulance that costs you $250 where you are met by the health insurence representative who asks if you got teh monies. You dont have said monies and you are transfered by taxi to the nearest poor people hospital. You are treated and they mend your leg which costs you around $17k dollars and are given a quick CAT scan which sets you back another $35k.

As you are discharged from hospital they remind you that the price doesnt include tax and your final bill reaches somewhere into the $58k dollars range. Before you leave America you are tased by a TSA goon at JFK Airport because you told him you cant take the fucking bolts of out of my fucking leg its broken its not a fucking bomb

You sir, win.

Who cares? We can keep borrowing. The US has never defaulted on its debt, and probably never will. Why would people/nations keep lending if they didn't think we would pay it back?

Ever heard of a country called France?

Also, the US, like many countries, uses the bond system of borrowing. Countries like China buy bonds, which in turn gives the US money at the price of China owning a piece of the US. Now usually, bonds are bought and then sold and resold quickly - sort of like day trading. The difference here is that when another country buys a bond to loan another country money, they tend to hold on to that bond. Interest stockpiles over time. This can be bad, especially when another country has quite a bit of bonds in their possession. A country should never depend upon selling bonds to another country. A country with a high amount of bonds owned of another country will have quite a bit of power over how the market in said country functions.

In short, you can't live off of loans forever. This should be common sense.

Ever heard of a country called France?

Also, the US, like many countries, uses the bond system of borrowing. Countries like China buy bonds, which in turn gives the US money at the price of China owning a piece of the US. Now usually, bonds are bought and then sold and resold quickly - sort of like day trading. The difference here is that when another country buys a bond to loan another country money, they tend to hold on to that bond. Interest stockpiles over time. This can be bad, especially when another country has quite a bit of bonds in their possession. A country should never depend upon selling bonds to another country. A country with a high amount of bonds owned of another country will have quite a bit of power over how the market in said country functions.

In short, you can't live off of loans forever. This should be common sense.

Foreign companies own <20% of the debt, I believe. Also, most of the interest we pay out is invested right back into the US.

This is common sense for people. Nations aren't people.

Nice caricature, but it doesn't match up with reality. My mother passed out and had to go to the hospital in an ambulance when she didn't have insurance. She got into the emergency room and had a CAT scan with a half hour. Try getting a CAT scan that quick in any country with socialized medicine. Yes, she had to pay for it. She took loans and paid them off. It's called personal responsibility. You use services; you pay for them.

Nice caricature, but it doesn't match up with reality. My mother passed out and had to go to the hospital in an ambulance when she didn't have insurance. She got into the emergency room and had a CAT scan with a half hour. Try getting a CAT scan that quick in any country with socialized medicine.

Actually, my brthers son was admitted to hospital in a rush last weekend ( in England ) and got a CAT scan within about 2 hours - not bad for a shitty healthcare system ey ?

Yes, she had to pay for it.
My brother didnt have to pay for the CAT scan for his son
She took loans and paid them off.
sorry to hear that
It's called personal responsibility. You use services; you pay for them.

Its called helping one another in the country you live in, its called The National health Service in England, and what you do is pay something called National Insurence contributions that are deducted from your pay automatically. Its a small amount. What it means is that if you get ill and need treatment, you do not need to take a loan out afterwards to pay for it. You pay for the services you use, and in the process you make sure nobody is left with a loan repayment. I doubt the English health service ever makes much of a financial profit, but are not some things more important than financial gain?

Im not sure exactly how Obamacare will pan out, and quite frankly I dont think it matters much until we as people realise that politicians are a bunch of liars and crooks and we dont actually need them to lie to us. We could do a fucking good job of running things without the deceit.

I dont think it matters much until we as people realise that politicians are a bunch of liars and crooks and we dont actually need them to lie to us. We could do a fucking good job of running things without the deceit.

Oh, I realize it! That's why I don't want them in charge of my health care.

Nice caricature, but it doesn't match up with reality. My mother passed out and had to go to the hospital in an ambulance when she didn't have insurance. She got into the emergency room and had a CAT scan with a half hour. Try getting a CAT scan that quick in any country with socialized medicine. Yes, she had to pay for it. She took loans and paid them off. It's called personal responsibility. You use services; you pay for them.

And what if your mother could not afford this, or have credit avaible to pay for it?

Plan the funeral?

would you say the same if you were at the age to get kids, your baby is born and 4 years later gets leukemia? Wouldn't you be incredibly happy that you were forced to have the healthinsurance, and that the insurance companies are also forced to cover the charges for the treatment?

I dont think it matters much until we as people realise that politicians are a bunch of liars and crooks and we dont actually need them to lie to us. We could do a fucking good job of running things without the deceit.

they are just in charge of the insurance, making sure someone pays for your healthcare

the actual healthcare would be in charge of doctors and surgeons who are treating you if something happens ^^

Edited by Infamous

And what if your mother could not afford this, or have credit avaible to pay for it?

Plan the funeral?

She didn't have credit available. A lien was put on her house. The hospital had no idea of whether she could pay it before she was treated. She could not be denied treatment for not having insurance.

Dilly, I don't understand your question. I am at the age to have kids. And under the Obama health care bill, I will be forced to buy insurance. By the government. The government will be forcing me to buy something. To me, this is unacceptable interference by the government into my personal life.

My husband is French and his family lives in France, so I know both systems. I know the downsides of both. I went without insurance for a large portion of my own childhood. I also know that I would rather have what I have now forever than put politicians in charge of deciding what gets covered and what doesn't. Because once they have made the decision whether my treatment is worth covering or not, I have nowhere to turn. At least now, if my health insurance provider denies me, I have recourse in court. Try suing the federal government when this is all said and done.

There are better solutions to the problems we have, than the bill passed by congress. But politicians are all too eager to gain more power over the lives of the citizens than to do what is truly right.

Plan the funeral?

She didn't have credit available. A lien was put on her house. The hospital had no idea of whether she could pay it before she was treated. She could not be denied treatment for not having insurance.

Dilly, I don't understand your question. I am at the age to have kids. And under the Obama health care bill, I will be forced to buy insurance. By the government. The government will be forcing me to buy something. To me, this is unacceptable interference by the government into my personal life.

My husband is French and his family lives in France, so I know both systems. I know the downsides of both. I went without insurance for a large portion of my own childhood. I also know that I would rather have what I have now forever than put politicians in charge of deciding what gets covered and what doesn't. Because once they have made the decision whether my treatment is worth covering or not, I have nowhere to turn. At least now, if my health insurance provider denies me, I have recourse in court. Try suing the federal government when this is all said and done.

There are better solutions to the problems we have, than the bill passed by congress. But politicians are all too eager to gain more power over the lives of the citizens than to do what is truly right.

so you'd rather be in huge debts then have treatment paid for?

Americans are weird Oo , all the government does here is make sure you wont get in huge debts (which ruin your life) when something happens, and you pretend they are running your life lol

no wonder why americans are so unpopular, bitch and moan about getting insurance rofl, there are loads of countries with citizens dieing to get insurance for anything

Plan the funeral?

so you'd rather be in huge debts then have treatment paid for?

Americans are weird Oo , all the government does here is make sure you wont get in huge debts (which ruin your life) when something happens, and you pretend they are running your life lol

no wonder why americans are so unpopular, bitch and moan about getting insurance rofl, there are loads of countries with citizens dieing to get insurance for anything

It must be a through back from the days in the usa that the government scared the hell out of the population with stories of communists.

I honestly do not understand why average people in the us think that this is such a horrible idea. I can understand if your a CEO of some corporation getting relief money from the government while still taking your 35million dollar bonus that a public system might not be good for you. But the average person, if they get a serious illness really can not afford proper treatment without some help.