Eternal Lands Official Forums
yuhquah

a bug in daily harvesting quest

well, we have a bug with our dear x... ooops ... we shall not name her ... harvesting daily quest.

the formulation "you need to get X of Y" is misleading.

it's not the quantity that matters but the number of times you harvest. i.e. if you wear the excavator cape, you will have to get 2*X of Y, since this will constitute X times you will harvest the item.

I'm using the RC client if that matters, but I dont think it does ...

Entropy knows about that one. From his visit to the PK server last night (typos fixed for readability):

[22:54:42] [bkc56 @ 1]: I hear, and verified, that when you harvest for the daily, it takes the number of HARVESTS, not the number of items.

[22:54:52] [radu @ 1]: oh yes

[22:54:57] [bkc56 @ 1]: So if she says she needs 150 blueberries, I have to harvest 300.

[22:55:01] [radu @ 1]: yeah

[22:55:22] [radu @ 1]: too hard to fix

[22:55:34] [radu @ 1]: so just harvest double (or don't use cape)

So I guess we'll just have to live with that one.

Another side of this issue... i was asked for 60 BSF wich can be harvested x2 (or x4 with the cape). i got it by harvesting 60 FLOWERS (so 30 harvests).

I think this will make more dificult to fix...

Solution: harvest until you get the message :icon13:

I take into account the double harvest resources, but the excavator perk is a PITA to deal with. I will just modify the Xaquelina message to say that the excavator perk interferes with the quality of the resources so you will need to harvest double :rolleyes:

Besides, when designing the quest and exp reward, I took into account the number of harvests, not resources.

on impatiens i had to harv 2x the amount (actualy 4x with excavator)

on chrysanthemums which is a 2 pick flower too the amount given by npc was correct

After completing a quest, you get the "You got all the xxx" message for every subsequent harvest of that resource.

Not a bug.

I take into account the double harvest resources, but the excavator perk is a PITA to deal with. I will just modify the Xaquelina message to say that the excavator perk interferes with the quality of the resources so you will need to harvest double :)

When harvesting the lilacs in votd I used the excavator cloak and got 160 flowers before the message, but Xaqueline only took half of them from me. I guess she just selected the best ones :)

Mixi

After completing a quest, you get the "You got all the xxx" message for every subsequent harvest of that resource.

Not a bug.

is that only from the mentioned place or does the message appear even when you pick that same flower from a different place?

Not a bug.

is that only from the mentioned place or does the message appear even when you pick that same flower from a different place?

Only the correct flower and the correct number of harvest picks will give you the message. (or the half of picks if the bush is x2)

the white asiatic lillies are a bit off, like bluebutterfly said. but is there any reason why there is nothing in the quest log from this quest? would be nice so its easier to remember the coords

but is there any reason why there is nothing in the quest log from this quest? would be nice so its easier to remember the coords

Maby because that would make it a bit too easy, just write it down a piece of paper if you can't remember it :(

but is there any reason why there is nothing in the quest log from this quest? would be nice so its easier to remember the coords

Maby because that would make it a bit too easy, just write it down a piece of paper if you can't remember it :(

Or, in the new 1.9.0 release use the [copy] function on the dialogue window and paste it somewhere, the notepad or the quest log for example.

Maby because that would make it a bit too easy, just write it down a piece of paper if you can't remember it :whistle:

Or, in the new 1.9.0 release use the [copy] function on the dialogue window and paste it somewhere, the notepad or the quest log for example.

That is what I do, and I'd call that a workaround, not a solution per se, the amounts and locations for the monsters in the daily a/d quests do end up in the quest log after all.

Maby because that would make it a bit too easy, just write it down a piece of paper if you can't remember it :wacko:

That is what I do, and I'd call that a workaround, not a solution per se, the amounts and locations for the monsters in the daily a/d quests do end up in the quest log after all.

The solution is to stop being fucking lazy and either write it down, remember it, or not do the quest at all.

The other day I ran out of inventory space while harvesting cactus from DP for the daily, (forgot they are 4 emu each so didn't leave enough room). After dropping some dung I got the harvest complete message, with two items less than 2x what Xaquelina asked for (was wearing my exc cape), she did take the correct number though. It seems the items not harvested because of the inventory being full are still counted.

Hi All i notice something wrong in the Dialoge about the coords in MM at start she say 339.61 but if we ask her again she tell us 339.63 that is the right place

Daily harvesting quest in Hurquin :

We are asked to harvest 110 tulips there. After the 110 harvests, the pop-up shows correctly, but back to Xaquelina, she only takes 100 flowers from the inventory.