Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

Version 1.9.0 RC1

This zip contains the data files and the win32 binary. For Linux and Mac, you'll have to compile your own.

Instructions:

1. Download the file from here: http://www.eternal-lands.com/EternalLands-Test3.zip

1a. Optional: Backup your old EL folder.

2. Delete the WHOLE EL folder, unzip this in your EMPTY EL folder.

3. Run el.exe

P.S. If you have map issues, EXCEPT for falling through the ground or not be able to enter some doors on MAIN server, please report them here. You must test map bugs on the test server, and make sure all the doors are entrable there.

P.S.2 Using this client prior to the update will make it impossible to complete Haidir rats quest.

Just unzipping the content of this Folder into an other place and starting it from there does work too. No need to loose your working el-1.8.0 Client for the rc, as long as not all doors are working and you have the problems with SRM Radu messaged erlier in EL.

But i like the new Login Screen, nice Artwork. And now i will see if i see any failures while i am playing the game.

Edited by vinoveritas

couple of things:

* do not delete sound dir, it is not in the .zip

* spells.xml is not in the package either

* there are some bugs with emotes (doh). They don't synch well when doing an emote and starting another action right after. Like standing, *waveleft, walking. Or sitting, *waveleft, standing. I think I know where the bug is, I'll commit changes later today.

* in error_log.txt Cal3d complains about some missing animations (birdfly2, wave_left_held, wave_right_held) which indeed are not there (bridfly2 seems a typo, there is a bird_fly2 under animations)

Hi, about the emotes I hope that was a change. Sometime a lot of people use it in storages and you can not see other messages as GM, channels...

I copied the spells.xml i noy i can see the new speel windows. Thank you.

It's a silly thing, but why dont put "version 1.9 RC1" intead of "version 1.8.0" in load window :icon13:

* emotes out of synch corrected

* corrected the handling of frame duration_scale (Roja has been informed) so if you use the latest cvs with the current emotes.xml you may experience bad emotes or resynchs

please test emotes also while on horses. I checked and it seems to work nicely, but the syncronization horse/knight is quite a messy code :icon13:

I would test to see if the corrections have been made, but sadly, I can't seem to get the cvs to both compile and work. I also don't feel like booting into Windows.

Anyone care to post a stable Linux and Mac build posted so that more than just Windows folks can test?

I would test to see if the corrections have been made, but sadly, I can't seem to get the cvs to both compile and work. I also don't feel like booting into Windows.

Anyone care to post a stable Linux and Mac build posted so that more than just Windows folks can test?

If you are using, or would like to use my Ubuntu packages then the eternallands-rc package is now available. See here.

I can't reach srm using the pad in c2 portal room. I get a message "Umm...you can't teleport, there's no open nearby location".

Tnx tropatropa for finding it.

Edited by Fedora

If you are using, or would like to use my Ubuntu packages then the eternallands-rc package is now available. See here.

Even if not running a distro that uses .deb's, u can still try extracting the binary from bluap's packages. With that in mind, if still bluap's packages don't get you working; post your distro and CPU architecture and i'll see what i can do about providing you with a suitable binary.

We've got systems running both Debian and Arch Linux around here in both 32 and 64 bit form, so prolly I can come up with a binary that'll work for you np.

* corrected the handling of frame duration_scale (Roja has been informed) so if you use the latest cvs with the current emotes.xml you may experience bad emotes or resynchs

Is there a new emotes.xml available for download somewhere?

Edited by Korrode

You are in Idaloran [682,553]

Map hash: c43a59b5805fb97239d4436851307802 ./maps/cont2map1.elm

East side of the (big) rock here is missing.

I've built a (mostly) static binary for 32-bit Linux. You'll need to download, unzip and set up the data pack as described at the top of this thread.

Download the binary from here, make it executable then run it. This can be done in a terminal, for example:

wget http://twinmoons.org.uk/el/el.x86.linux.bin.32.static.190rc1
chmod +x el.x86.linux.bin.32.static.190rc1
./el.x86.linux.bin.32.static.190rc1

If you have problems regarding libraries running this binary then I guess this static is not for you. I'd suggest you do not post such problems to this thread but PM me in person. This binary was built using the current LTS version of Ubuntu (8.04 Hardy), I've successfully tested it on Fedora 11, Debian Squeeze and more recent versions of Ubuntu.

I am a Fedora Linux user. I don't think running Ubuntu packages would work so well for me.

Even if not running a distro that uses .deb's, u can still try extracting the binary from bluap's packages. With that in mind, if still bluap's packages don't get you working; post your distro and CPU architecture and i'll see what i can do about providing you with a suitable binary.

We've got systems running both Debian and Arch Linux around here in both 32 and 64 bit form, so prolly I can come up with a binary that'll work for you np.

I have not tried his packages yet, but I use Fedora Linux....I believe release 10 and I use x86-64 for the processor flag.

I should check out bluap's static linux binary.

Edited by nathanstenzel

I am a Fedora Linux user. I don't think running Ubuntu packages would work so well for me.

That was clearly not my intention, I did say they were Ubuntu packages. However, you could give the static binary ^^ a go, that does work on Fedora (11 as tested).

Desert Pines Map - Test server

All Land and Ship flags work.

All doors/caves work;

EXCEPT FOR

Can't enter Store @ 331, 335

Can't enter Cave @ 148, 224

I'm fairly sure that a post isn't required when everything's fine...

It's called "bug reporting", not "works perfectly reporting" ;)

Also, one bulk post after you've done a larger block of testing is probably preferable... but i aint admin of these forums so who knows, maybe i'm wrong. :icon13:

Edited by Korrode