Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
gottrech

Haidir quests bug

I was doing both Haidir quests at the same time, both the ordinary one and the daily one.

In the normal one I reached the kill the black bears in nc cave point and as the daily quest i had to kill armed skellies also in the nc cave.

In the cave I managed to get the bears first and got a message about this. I then killed a few more armed skellies and got a popup "All the bears are dead!". Haidir accepted that I killed the required bears, but Druppel does not accept that I killed the armed skellies. I tried killing another batch of 30 armed skellies but still no luck.

Updated: After waiting 24 hours and trying again i managed to finish the quest by talking to Druppel again and killing another batch of skellies.

Edited by gottrech

I haven't experienced the same as Gottrech, but I seem to have ended in some sort of loop in Haidir's daily a/d quest.

Last night I picked up the quest from Haidir, went to Melinis and got a task from Closca, killed fluffs and got a reward. Quest was finished 25 minutes before day change.

Tonight I took a quest again about 21 hour after end of last night one (4th day had already been started), went to Melinis again, killed 30 fluffs but nothing happened. I waited till it was more than 24 hours since beginning of last night one, tried with Haidir again, but all I kept getting was message that I need to kill the stuff for Closca first. Went back to Meli, killed fluffs again, again no reward.

Then I waited till day change, more than 24 hours since I finished the quest last night, Haidir kept giving me the same message, but I've decided to give it one more try and I went to kill fluffs for 3rd time. Again the result was zilch, no reward from Closca.

Went to Haidir one more time, message was the same and that's where I gave up.

No clue what could've caused the above and I'm not sure if anybody else has had any such experience, but since I got stuck doing quest I thought I'd post it here.

Edit: in the meantime culprit has been identified, buggy bunny located east of the city walls, out the south gate and just round the corner. It seems that quest counter doesn't register kills of that fluff as it should. However, good thing is that problem's been noted and will be taken care of in the next update.

Edited by Dreyan

The fluffy and skeleton quests are bugged, in the sense that one spawn of each does not count towards the quest. Until the next update, just vary the spawn (don't camp at a single spawn, or you might get the bad spawn).

Today I was asked by Haidir to visit Shantir in Glacmor.

After teleporting killed 8 polars before visit this NPC (just forgot about it ).

After visiting Shantir and receiving the task, started to kill polars again. After 22nd got message that all polars dead.

Think that's bug, please delete it if not.

Regards, Vil

After teleporting killed 8 polars before visit this NPC (just forgot about it ).

After visiting Shantir and receiving the task, started to kill polars again. After 22nd got message that all polars dead.

Regards, Vil

I have forgotten to speak to Shantir and Mayor Morton both, killed the polars/ogres and still got message and reward afterwards without initial conversation (due to forgetting)

Regards, Vil

I have forgotten to speak to Shantir and Mayor Morton both, killed the polars/ogres and still got message and reward afterwards without initial conversation (due to forgetting)

I got the same with the skellies from Druppel, did not talk to her initially but got the message after 30 skellies and the reward.

This is not really a bug, you can kill them and then go back to the NPC.

However, in the future an NPC might give different missions, so it would be a bad idea not to talk to them first :)

Found a minor spelling error in a Haidir mission:

Thom: I am trying to rise some chicken, for eggs and to server to my customers. But the hawks out there are eating them, so please kill some (30) then get back to me.

Should be "serve" :)