Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

Mac test client

while switching to a channel log via the top left tab bar not its current lines get displayed, but rather some older ones, like if the algorithm doesn't address the index correctly when it exceeds some limit.

(everything clear?)

Just a note, the key.ini shipped with EL, maps the turn right key (or left, can't remember) to the INS key which is absent in many mac keyboards (a guildie reported this problem). It is probably wise to bind the turning to different keys for mac users in the next update package.

Edited by Fedora

Trying new client now, all looks good so far.

Just a note (though I know isn't part of official release so can be ignored) I tried some customs maps & it made all the object graphics turn into small black blocks, but just tried for a sec & am using original release package again.

Many thnx Sir_Odie :confused:

some new problems which came with this version:

* characters plunge below the floor while passing the corner of a house or entering a boot (don't know - is this a general problem?)

* some entries of my quest log disappeared after a restart of the application; and the order is messed up

* i experienced some rare client crashes (all without any usefull information); mostly they occured while fighting (not a good moment at all)

i'm downloading the new files and will pay attention to all these cases

some new problems which came with this version:

* some entries of my quest log disappeared after a restart of the application; and the order is messed up

This is a little disturbing. Could you provide a little more background please. Did you set up a new config directory? Were the missing entries old ones, new that session or added using the new "add entry" feature? Was the "restart of the application" after a crash or a normal restart.

i didn't change any directory. i am missing some entries from novac that definitely were there before. i'm not sure but i think there was a crash inbetween - i don't know exactly when they disappeared.

i will try to get some some information running it via command line.

i didn't change any directory. i am missing some entries from novac that definitely were there before. i'm not sure but i think there was a crash inbetween - i don't know exactly when they disappeared.

i will try to get some some information running it via command line.

The way the old and the new quest logs are written, new entries are written to disk immediately, append to the end of the file. This means you could only loose entries due to the client crashing if it crashed just as the new entry arrived. Even then, only the most recent entry would be lost as append does not need to rewrite existing entries. I also can not see how entries can get out of order.

The first time the new quest log is run, it copies the old log to the new. Therefore, you should be able to compare the old file and the latest file for missing or out of order entries. Of course entries received after the running for the first time will only be in the new log. The only time the full quest log is written back to disk is if you use the new add/delete functions. If you uses these functions, you can manually save the log using the menu option or it will automatically save on clean exit. If the client crashed after you deleted an entry, but before saving it, the entry would not be deleted. Also, any new entries added using the add menu option would be lost on a crash unless you used the manual save option.

One other thought, are you switching between the old and new client using the same config directory? In this case the old client will write to the old file, the new client to the new file. Could this explain your issue? In this case, you just need to copy your log entries between the two files. Alternatively, a latest CVS version of the client built for the old data files would use the new log file.

The new graphics are excellent.

Some comments:

The northern peninsula of TG not longer crashes, thank you (http://tinypic.com/usermedia.php?uo=7vBB%2FOG64Crz7UTzZUjUt4h4l5k2TGxc)

Some minor graphical glitches:

Tirnwood Vale entrance to mines: http://tinypic.com/usermedia.php?uo=2099Hr...PBx54h4l5k2TGxc

Crafting Temple in TG glow missing on crystal: http://tinypic.com/usermedia.php?uo=7vBB%2...7SX94h4l5k2TGxc

Desert Pines Red Rock Pass: http://tinypic.com/usermedia.php?uo=7vBB%2...mlw7oh4l5k2TGxc

White Stone City: http://tinypic.com/usermedia.php?uo=7vBB%2...wEP04h4l5k2TGxc

One other thought, are you switching between the old and new client using the same config directory? In this case the old client will write to the old file, the new client to the new file. Could this explain your issue? In this case, you just need to copy your log entries between the two files. Alternatively, a latest CVS version of the client built for the old data files would use the new log file.

i overwrote the old files so i'm not using the old client anymore. i will have a close look at the files in the el-directory to see if something was not copied well or got lost while switching the clients.

Hey guys, please do not post map bugs here, I'm lucky I skimmed this thread at all... please post it in the specific map bugs thread for this very purpose :bow_arrow:

So far everything works well for me, except the reflections don't work. the old client handled this fine, but the water is just flat blue now.

:'( I can't look at myself in the water anymore.

Edited by Adhikari

i overwrote the old files so i'm not using the old client anymore. i will have a close look at the files in the el-directory to see if something was not copied well or got lost while switching the clients.

I've found a issue whereby entries in the new quest log can get duplicated. It happened to me and I thought I'd lost some entries, they we still there but there was a load of older (duplicate) entries between them and the latest entries. This could explain the apparent reordering and may be the missing entries. Server written entries should never be lost, manual entered one could be lost if the client crashes before the file is saved.

Anyway, I've committed a fix to CVS to stop the duplication happening. Apologies for not perusing this more fully when you reported the issue. :brooding:

Edited by bluap