Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
thgilsrooc

Proposal: Alternate method to obtain Wine.

As everyone knows, wine isn't an item that can be crafted.  It's a built in money sink.  It can still be a sink if we get another method in obtaining them. 

Most potion people I know trade 5 quartz and 3gc for a vial in DP (before they obtain a mold of course).  I propose we get a NPC that will trade, say 5 fruit/blueberries and 1gc per wine.  Grinding up potions is turning exhaustive and expensive.  A little relief would be appreciated.

Thanks for your time.

I don't know if you know this yet, but isn't there a quest that allows you to buy 15wine @ 20gc when you complete it? That makes 1.33gc per wine....(which is better than trading 5 fruits/blueberries and 1 gc per wine, imo).

I think Potions grinding isn't really expensive if you know which ones to grind....but it's exhaustive i agree :)

edit: it's 20 wine for 15gc. 0.75gc per wine. :)

Edited by eadricng

There is an npc in Melinis that sells empty vials for 5gc each. Using Harvey's service to get your vials will wear you out.

I can sell you vials for 6gc each - but don't wanna sell less then 1K empty vials at a time.

PS No I dont use vial molds to make the vials. Thats too expensive.

Edited by Silvatica

Sorry it was late and I didn't see it.

Yeah, based on the responses my suggestion isn't a good one.

Thanks for all the feedback yall.

Oh, the vial thing is exhaustive I agree, but I can't afford to pay 2gc more at this stage of my game.

There is a suggestion forum for this kind of stuff..

How about we get a wine seller closer to storage? Why do we have to walk across MM to buy wine? If I want to buy 20k wine, it takes a long time. I'll still be spending the same amount even if the seller is closer to storage, so what do we gain by making it a slow process?

Perhaps we could pay extra for a delivery service. If it is currently 15gc for 20 wine hauled by a player, how about 250gc for 200 wine delivered directly to a players storage? I'd pay it.