Eternal Lands Official Forums
Ignoble

Compiling Map Editor

I can compile the client from CVS without any problems, but when I try to compile the map editor:

~/map_editor $ make -f Makefile.linux
gcc -DLINUX -DMAP_EDITOR -DEYE_CANDY -DCLUSTER_INSIDES -DNEW_LIGHT_FORMAT -DZLIB -DZLIBW -DGL_GLEXT_PROTOTYPES -I/usr/include/gtk-2.0 -I/usr/lib/gtk-2.0/include -I/usr/include/atk-1.0 -I/usr/include/cairo -I/usr/include/pango-1.0 -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib/glib-2.0/include -I/usr/include/pixman-1 -I/usr/include/freetype2 -I/usr/include/libpng14 -DGTK2 -I/usr/include/SDL -D_GNU_SOURCE=1 -D_REENTRANT -I/usr/include/libxml2 -g -Wall -Wdeclaration-after-statement -c -o elconfig.o ../elc/elconfig.c
In file included from ../elc/map.h:10,
from ../elc/elconfig.c:84:
../elc/io/map_io.h:85: error: conflicting types for ‘object3d_io’
../elc/../map_editor/map_io.h:20: note: previous declaration of ‘object3d_io’ was here
../elc/io/map_io.h:109: error: conflicting types for ‘obj_2d_io’
../elc/../map_editor/map_io.h:32: note: previous declaration of ‘obj_2d_io’ was here
../elc/io/map_io.h:137: error: conflicting types for ‘light_io’
../elc/../map_editor/map_io.h:61: note: previous declaration of ‘light_io’ was here
../elc/io/map_io.h:154: error: conflicting types for ‘particles_io’
../elc/../map_editor/map_io.h:70: note: previous declaration of ‘particles_io’ was here
../elc/io/map_io.h:237: error: conflicting types for ‘map_header’
../elc/../map_editor/map_io.h:116: note: previous declaration of ‘map_header’ was here
In file included from ../elc/map.h:10,
from ../elc/elconfig.c:84:
../elc/io/map_io.h:251: error: conflicting types for ‘load_map’
../elc/../map_editor/map_io.h:125: note: previous declaration of ‘load_map’ was here
../elc/elconfig.c: In function ‘init_vars’:
../elc/elconfig.c:1539: warning: unused variable ‘i’
make: *** [elconfig.o] Error 1

Can anyone suggest what the problem is please?

I can compile the client from CVS without any problems, but when I try to compile the map editor:

Should be fixed now if you CVS Update.

Thanks for that blueap. Seems to compile ok now, but there are problems. All icons across top of screen are just solid blocks of colour. No text anywhere. I remember seeing something similar to this in the forums previously, but I haven't found where yet.

Thanks for that blueap. Seems to compile ok now, but there are problems. All icons across top of screen are just solid blocks of colour. No text anywhere. I remember seeing something similar to this in the forums previously, but I haven't found where yet.

My build looks fine. Have you checked your data_dir path in the local "mapedit.ini" file?

Im still having a bit of trouble. When I try to open the maps.elm.gz or even 2d and 3d objects the map editor crashes. Any help with this? Keep in mind i've only been using Linux (Ubuntu 10.10) for a few days so im still learning how to train the beast :) And i'll more than likely need a step by step to figure this out. Thanks in advance.

Note: I downloaded the windows version and am using Wine to run it, i've got everything looking how it should (data_dir points to the right location...i believe)

Edited by LocDavius