Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ProHibited

NPC

I think Prohibited is reacting to the recent action where Ent put 100 Binding stones in to the game.

More Binding stones were put into the game in one go then there has been in the past 2 years and because of the way it was done only those that are in that time zone or were on at the time gained by this. (100 Binding stone spread over 4 players)

Also It has now effected the market on here

So what I think Prohibited is saying is now only a select few have gained by this action (The one's that were on at that time)and some players have even lost out a lot by it.

So he is asking about the great sword NPC as a way of balancing things out.

While some people invested a lot of gcs to get that 'power and wealth', what did you do?

Prohibited has played this server from day one and its not his fault he lives in a different time zone that Radu does

I think a/d capping your own char and being the first to finished some of the quest on this server speaks for its self.

I agree with the great sword Npc Idea With 100 binding stones now in the game. The stones or swords wont be rare any more so by returning the Npc at least it will balance It out sorting out some of this mess

Handy

I logged like 10 hours after bindings was placed. I sure that 24 hours after there were bindings to find. Some of us even stopped after first find for a while, giving others chance too.

I know that yesterday dht found bag. There definitely was enough time. Maybe there still some bags around. But instead, some just preferred to cry instead of looking for some.

And from dht's chat_log, some of bindings which was found in guild:

Log started at 2010-01-30 14:37:06 localtime

[14:38:18] [PM from Star: my alt found a binding stone o0]

Log started at 2010-02-02 08:42:00 localtime

[08:43:07] [PM from Gossip: nautilus said: nautilus found a Binding Stone ]

Log started at 2010-02-03 12:31:52 localtime

[13:06:25] nautilus found a Binding Stone

Hourly time-stamp: log continued at 2010-02-05 15:41:46 localtime

[15:52:27] #GM from Sergey: Idefix found a Binding Stone

Log started at 2010-02-06 10:57:54 localtime

[10:59:40] [PM from Gossip: nautilus said: nautilus found a Binding Stone ]

Log started at 2010-02-19 11:31:38 localtime

[12:03:48] pyrst found a Binding Stone

I know that yesterday dht found bag. There definitely was enough time. Maybe there still some bags around. But instead, some just preferred to cry instead of looking for some.

And some of us have a real life with work family and real responsability's

I can make time for organised events but maybe i should just cry at the fact i have been to busy to get on here this week out of the last 2 years +

But the topic of this thread was about bringing back the Npc's now the server has been flooded with its rarest item there is not point in them being excluded from the server

Handy

Here's my take on the issue:

1. The stones were introduced on the 15th. The most recent bag found was on the 20th. That's 6 days (inclusive) - almost a week. I believe anyone who wanted to search had the opportunity to do so. It was not a time-zone dependent contest. I even tried to coordinate that search (by posting where I searched to prevent duplication) but no one else seemed to want to participate.

2. The market has not suddenly been flooded with low-priced stones for sale. The only sale I've heard of is 3 to Odin (at 30K under the market value for each). From my talking with people it seems most will be keeping them for their own use (to make armor/weapons or replace degraded ones).

3. Adding the NPC back is a long-term reaction to a short-term problem. In some number of months the stones will be all used up, but the market damage of the NPC would be forever.

4. If we want to "fix" the problem, then Entropy should do what was originally voted for by the players: 68.8% - Increase odds of finding/mixing rare stones and enriched essence. Not the choice rejected by the players: 34.4% - Return TI/Steel armor and greater sword NPCs.

5. As posted above, it seems that those who want to harvest bindings are able to work and find them. Sure there's some luck involved, but the rate they're finding them implies they can be found for those who put in the effort.

6. While admittedly the rarest, there are a lot more ingredients to high-end armor/weapons than a binding stone, and someone has to have the manu levels to mix it. I don't seen any justification in throwing all that away by adding the NPCs back in.

I think people are reacting to the perception of what might happen given the addition of the stones rather than what is actually happening (or even waiting to see if anything happens). I haven't had any mixing requests for high-end stuff in the last week. I doubt loader has either (since he's been off-line most of the time). So just where is this supposed imbalanced increase in high-end gear that would justify any changes (find rate or NPC)?

Edited by bkc56

all i know is, i don't care what server i'm playing on, 150k gc for a great sword is ridiculous. 90k for a binding? c'mon.. And the pk server market is nasty in general, the one and only thing i will complain about with either server. i think all should have access to decent equipment, without spending 2 months gathering gc for a sword, or having to have 2 alts to farm gc for their main to get one. just my opinion. so someone explain to me what the npc(s) will do to hurt this server so bad.. or is it just the "pr0s" over here who will be "hurt" by it. you ask me the market here needs change :)

4. If we want to "fix" the problem, then Entropy should do what was originally voted for by the players: 68.8% - Increase odds of finding/mixing rare stones and enriched essence. Not the choice rejected by the players: 34.4% - Return TI/Steel armor and greater sword NPCs.

See this is very funny, and why asking the current server populous to vote was pointless.

This says to me that the current playerbase prefers a system where those with high mixing skills can quite effectively dictate who does and who doesn't get to have top level equipment. If a person wants to come on the server and just train/fight and harvest on an alt for gc, and be an actual evil PK'er, and kill mixers, kill alts, kill everyone they see, the only way they're going to get pr0 gear is if they level a char to high mixing skills themself, which won't be on a lot of 'PK'ers' agendas.

It looks like you want to retain an ability to severely punish anyone who doesn't play by your ruleset (and who isn't willing to level mixing skills on a PK server).

Edited by Korrode

And some of us have a real life with work family and real responsability's

I can make time for organised events but maybe i should just cry at the fact i have been to busy to get on here this week out of the last 2 years +

Handy

you had enough time to sit and cry in game and in forums but hadnt enough to try search? lol...

btw i vote no for adding thous npc

edit: actualy i vote NO for any changes, this server is great how it is atm...

you had enough time to sit and cry in game and in forums but hadnt enough to try search? lol...

You dont half talk a load of crap

What are you even talking about i have spent most of the past week in hospital careing for my wife and popped on here for the odd 10 minutes or so mainly to talk to a few friends I have not had time to play the game.

Commenting on a forum is not playing the game and only takes a few minutes

Its how many and the way the Binding stones were added to the game that was the problem and it has only advantaged those that have had the time this week to play.

we voted for : 68.8% - Increase odds of finding/mixing rare stones and enriched essence. This was meant to be an increase in % so if you mine or mix the more chance of finding one. Waking bags of 20 binding stones around was wako as far as in concerned.

But what is done is done now and not even the topic of this thread

Having the Ncp's back would help the newer players also would help Pking in gerneral.

34.4% - Return TI/Steel armor and greater sword NPCs. was based on a server with very few binding stones. Not this server

If a revote now on the new state of the server would change the % by my reconning As (i didnt vote for it before but would now same with some others)

Handy

Indeed,

One day to find even one binding stone is worth the effort. Besides the point tho.

If the great swords can be bought from an NPC, the binding stones would be used for items currently not used on the PK-server.

The price of binding stones and other ingredients is not important, the bindings are so rare that I personally do not get the chance to use them on mobs... since its really hard to get them.

This one time deal of +100 that are kept save in peoples storages wont suddenly make great swords available to everyone... The NPC would (for gc).

This one time deal of +100 that are kept save in peoples storages wont suddenly make great swords available to everyone...

On this I agree.

The NPC would (for gc).

Any why do we want everyone to be able to get a great sword for a few hours harvesting flowers (or any other gc generating method)? Just because some people have them doesn't imply everyone else should too.

See this is very funny, and why asking the current server populous to vote was pointless.

This says to me that the current playerbase prefers a system where those with high mixing skills can quite effectively dictate who does and who doesn't get to have top level equipment. If a person wants to come on the server and just train/fight and harvest on an alt for gc, and be an actual evil PK'er, and kill mixers, kill alts, kill everyone they see, the only way they're going to get pr0 gear is if they level a char to high mixing skills themself, which won't be on a lot of 'PK'ers' agendas.

It looks like you want to retain an ability to severely punish anyone who doesn't play by your ruleset (and who isn't willing to level mixing skills on a PK server).

Agree with Korrode, It can only improve pk'ing on this PK server I think the 2 "missing" npc's should be implemented over here to give everyone an even chance in regard to equipment. Atm only long term rich players can afford a great sword and as you say, you need high level manu person to mix. Any change like this can only serve to bring more ppl over here, surely its worth a try and can be removed if that agenda doesnt work. People would probably pk more if a JS (eg, also not sure of the cost of a bronze here) didnt cost over 100k imo the cost acts as a deterent not an incentive.

Edited by Starlite

Any why do we want everyone to be able to get a great sword for a few hours harvesting flowers (or any other gc generating method)?

To make reaching competitive PK stage attainable in more reasonable amounts of time for a wider range of players?

To make breakages (and dropping them, though unlikely) not be overboard painful? ...so they can be replaced in a reasonable amount of time and then a person can get back to... you guessed it; the PK'ing?

Edited by Korrode

As far as I can see it, there is no turning back to what this server was, doesn't matter how back in time you travel.

Some like me stayed because of things that won't return, community.

Like main server, if you want the PK Server crawling with people you will have to give them all the toys, otherwise they will look at others and cry about not having gear, for free, that others worked weeks or months to get.

I don't play it much, true, most of my friends don't either and it gets boring. A/D is capped, don't like PK, I need time to make loads of items I can trash to take higher creatures down and the PK chat related crap on @1 is just too much to bare. But things keep changing...

Who knows... I hate bots, but bring the Great Sword/Armor NPC back to the game and I will get one if I get the time to play :pickaxe: