Eternal Lands Official Forums
dig

More members for eternal lands

Eternal – lands isn’t an easy game, u have to grind many hours to level , its not so dependable to shop to make a really strong character, I mean if u don’t grind for months/years (no matter what u buy from shop) u can not make a strong char. Most of the other WoW based games are the opposite, u can level easy to cap with in 2-3 months without spending anything and after that depending how big is your wallet (or how good your bot system is :icon13:) u can make a strong char, after this u do daily instances , grind and are more team based.

Most of the players that are playing EL if u ask them I think they are going to tell you that it is their first MMORPG game so that is why they have stayed to this game. I think its difficult for someone that has played WoW (as example) to start playing EL the differences are obvious, game speed is totally different. So existing online gamers isn’t really the target group of the game developers (imho always). Also I believe that the average age of players in the game is more than the average age of players that are at other games. The good thing about EL is that there is always something to do so many players that have left are coming back (good example is me :hiya: ) .

Also there can be things that can improve in the game and make our lives easier, also help new players understand some things better and what they can do. Many things should change in game to make it more newbie friendly. When is say newbie I don’t mean a player until level 20 , even a player at lvl OA 45 can be newbie. Don’t forget how frustrating it was when u understood that u had to do a reset because your attributes/nexus where f***** up. Well u can understand that when u are a newbie and u decide that “yes I like summoning” (I take it that as example because many other games have summoners as a class) you can easily take like 5 animal nexus without even reading the encyclopedia (basically who reads like 50 pages when he is newbie it doesn’t help) . Maybe at first reset the OA shouldn’t be lost , just reseting all attributes and keep pps. I think that way we can keep some people that stay in game until they are medium levels. (btw I know a friend of mine that has to reset and we were speaking about it) .

Online games industry is a very competitive market, and these are multi million dollar companies that can advertise anywhere and can spend a lot. We can try traditionally and speak to friends and colleagues that we know they play. What is disadvantage for the game (aka speed) its advantage too. Some ppl just want to relax and play in normal game speeds. We can see who of our friends are like that and tell them about the game. Also all of us should try and spend sometime helping newbies maybe we can make lower required level to join a guild or make a newbie guild (moderators) and instead of channel 1 use the guild so every time we see a newbie with the tag of the guild try to help him too.

Advertisement on sites is for radu to decide we cant do many things except help as much as we can the players that log. EL has a good community and should take advantage of it.

Thanks for reading

Btw I think game has too many channels I think u should try to cut them a little. Maybe 1 world (spam channel) , 1 market and 1 invasion (but actually used for it) and 1 for newbies are more than enough :laugh: so new players can see the community active and not every 15 minutes a chat at newbie channel

just a thought, what if we created a new window in game,

In this window we have a list of vote links to vote for Eternal Lands on the top mmorpg site.

then may be have it so a player must vote for each site in the window

now we could do this per day, 3 days in a row or a week strait. (depending on flow of reward)

Then if the player voted for each site, each day in a row required, without missing, they receive the reward

I would suggest the reward be a random stone placed in player inventory or sto (with in choice of stones radu would choose of course)

Thus is reward is a random stone in inventory This would also vary on how many days required to receive.

Just a thought, may move us up the lvls in our placement in the mmorpg list

Bought votes = Corruption

Influencing a person's chance to vote is not bad, but influencing which direction they vote is just wrong.

What is worse, if a game site thought that a game was trying to buy votes from people, that would be massively bad publicity.

I know this topic dead, but just wanted to know since then, another sh*ty game that did this sort of thing gained over 2 million additional players due to advertisement based on ratings, (same type of voteing sites that used to be asked to visit daily on ch4 chat back then), also wanted to note that this is in now way a requirement i was suggesting, just an sidebar optional daily type of thing that you could get a reward of some sort from for helping EL, and hellz you could vote yes, no, or do nothing at all, and still wouldn't loose out on anything.

Edited by Zephlix

Some games operate a banner exchange where by posting links or use of e-fliers or voting on other websites gains you some reward or prestige