Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
dipi

New defense item

Well i was thinking on a new item which adds more armor and/or defense and/or evasion bonus (more than other existant defensive items), but a penalty in attack and/or critical hits. It could be two handed so you wouldn't be able to wear a weapon (maybe a huge shield?).

The usefull? Focus on defense training or tanking.

What do you think about?

Dipi.

Something like a roman pavise, ey? Could make things interesting :D

Yes, i was imaging something like that, so other player could range the opponent for example.

hussitecrossbowmanandshhf0.jpg

I always hate it when one dude blocks with his riot shield and a team-mate shoots me down from behind him.

May become a necessity when killing high-end mobs that 'should' involve teamwork. The only way to block enough damage/hits is with such a shield, but you would need a team-member to inflict some damage.

May become a necessity when killing high-end mobs that 'should' involve teamwork. The only way to block enough damage/hits is with such a shield, but you would need a team-member to inflict some damage.

It could be applied in instances, even for killing Mare Bulangius.

I would like to see this idea. Perhaps have the ings include one of each dragon scale as well to make a shield in their flavor.

However, the effectiveness should be better than SoP or Eagle Wing and Tit shield. Perhaps provide half eva perk or something similar.

They have a few two handed weapons, so they might as well have a two handed shield.

From a training perspective though, if you don't alter the xp given, it might be Too good of a training item. Perhaps half the defense xp would be best. Not sure if you could significantly reduce the xp by raising the defense level of the wearer or not. How much experience would it take to hold a big shield and just sit there anyways?

I definitely agree with the attack penalty. You can't exactly move a large shield like that fast enough to do damage. At best, you could stun the person a little bit by knocking them over or knocking them off balance.

I don't like it, the current armors give too much armor as it is. If it was to just give evasion then it sounds fine, but no more armor bonus to items.

Edited by bigkav

Perhaps wooden staff : +5 def, +4 accuracy,

Q-Staff: +6 def, +6 accuracy.

this is just a small upgrade in defense..

but i would sometimes prefer the accuracy bonus of these to a steel shield + sword

perhaps when moving to a new enemy with fear of not hitting him.. the accuracy would be nice

I would like the staff thing,but I think they would not provide more defense then a shield,which was imo the purpose of this post

and if there was the large shield to be implemented, I'd give it some movement penalty. -50% movement 'bonus' or something like that

(yeah,you can of course take it off and on again when you get where you wanted to,but noone likes clicking)