Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
SpinacZ

ban for ?

just asking if i really got banned for asking for a game feature? a 4 line discussion with Aislinn ended like that?

funny:)

edit: observing such behaviour i think its time to limit wasting my time for this cool game only because somebody have bad mood and think stands over everything - i said "read more carefully" next poof :)

Edited by SpinacZ

For somebody who was lecturing me to read more carefully, I suggest you do the same. You are not and were not banned.

1. Let me make this crystal clear here because it did not sink in ingame: Moderators are not here to do your research for you because you are busy doing something else.

2. You were not banned, you were booted (5 minutes) for rudeness both in channel 2 and in pm continuing the problem.

to be honest i was a bt tired of your behaviour - i asked nicely - 1 person responded - oks. Later i PMed you after u muted me for saying "thanks for nothing - err explaining what are they (mods) for" , that its the question concerning a game feature and my respond that I AM BUSY with something else was said just to point my finger on the mods who ( i thought ) are to help on channels like general help , but obviously they're only for muting and helping friends , being quiet for others .

I understand some ppl can be busy (like me with something else than asking once per week on this channel for help) , but at least some " sorry i dont think so" or " yeah it does" would be enough for me + i dont have conditions to test my questions ( in this case mirror cloak and some low lvl harmer) so here i am ( AGAIN) on "help" channel just to get booted by some one like you :)

for me journey through EL is finished - no more wasting tons of hours.

GL with such behaving moderators/admins - sooner or later every1 will understand they can be actually booted/banned for just asking about the god damn game feature :pickaxe:

to be honest i was a bt tired of your behaviour - i asked nicely - 1 person responded - oks. Later i PMed you after u muted me for saying "thanks for nothing - err explaining what are they (mods) for" , that its the question concerning a game feature and my respond that I AM BUSY with something else was said just to point my finger on the mods who ( i thought ) are to help on channels like general help , but obviously they're only for muting and helping friends , being quiet for others .

I understand some ppl can be busy (like me with something else than asking once per week on this channel for help) , but at least some " sorry i dont think so" or " yeah it does" would be enough for me + i dont have conditions to test my questions ( in this case mirror cloak and some low lvl harmer) so here i am ( AGAIN) on "help" channel just to get booted by some one like you :)

for me journey through EL is finished - no more wasting tons of hours.

GL with such behaving moderators/admins - sooner or later every1 will understand they can be actually booted/banned for just asking about the god damn game feature :)

Who ever told you that moderators are in the game to help you with your questions in newbie/general help?

Yes a lot of us do help new players and try to set them on the right path, but it is not our duty.

There are quite a few experinced players that are not mods that help out in those channels also. Being rude in channel does not really put the channel helpers in the mood to helpm you.

Crossing lines in channels can result in mutes/boots and even bans, depending on the severity.

We are not here to hand hold you through the game, there is a lot of information in these forums, and various wiki's on the net. Even reading the enclopedia can give you loads of infomation.

SO thanks for playing, good luck where ever you go.

Interesting word...help...

Moderators are here to help with problems, help newcomers get started, help all people understand the game and be able to function in it. We especially help players learn where the resources are that they will need to help themselves. Many mods have devoted their time and efforts in creating these resources, from various help sites to the help windows ingame.

And of course we are here to enforce the rules so that everyone can enjoy the game in peace, comfort, and fairness.

Help is not playing for you or being your search engine because you are busy elsewhere. We are not servants for the bored and lazy, we shouldn't have to be are not babysitters for the immature, we are not punching bags for the angry and rude.

I think some of you have this mental image that all mods sit at their computer setup which looks something like Houston's mission control and we have every statistic of everything ingame somewhere up on one of those hundred screens in front of us. Not true. Really.