Eternal Lands Official Forums
Dugur

TD tweaking

Tahraji Desert was made no rosto, no summon stone, cooldown of 1 map ages ago.

The map itself is awesome, imo.

Flaw atm is that it is promised land for mages, why not summoners too.

What I have understood is that the whole point in the map was to get a feeling of old times PK and drops. There used to be lots of peeps venturing in, but after the OP mages stepped in the rest stepped out. Use of TD is mostly shield casting, some LD and bit of mixing atm.

If TD is made to have old magic formulas - no rationality modifiers,

Summons tweaked not to do multisummon in TD (acw especially). If someone wants to summon red dragon, let them.

Engineering items disabled in TD.

With these tweaks the map would get more used. Atm there's no point to go in.

This would go hand in hand with gear restrictions. Would also be very nice being able to have a full restore without worrying about rationality.

How about something easy, no invisibility :P

Unless you are afk, you will see the mage/summoner coming...

Solves nothing, there already is True Sight.

If we collect the ideas posted here;

-Item restriction: Armors; Iron set or below, Weapons; Tit serp or below (no glowings are allowed)

-No summoning tweaking: No multisummons like acw (or maybe just old summons, up to fluffy rabbit)

-No magic tweaking: Harm and MD should be effected by only magic level like old times, full restore

-No new pots: No accu/eva invis and TS pots (maybe no GHP's too, they give 80 HP, would be OP'ed)

-No new skills added: No engineering crafting items, no ranging is allowed.

Those would make a map oldschool. And I really think that people would love it there.

My 2 lira's,

-Kaddy

:P i dislike it, magic may be the only defense to a mixer that's there naked as go to kill them while for pki or there product while your all spiffed out. I'm sure a mage with his gear doesn't want to die to your build either. or is it the surprise of a mage attack when you were planing on killing them as there naked what worries ya'll? Leave the map be and take the gamble. or change it and remove bricks from the game. no engie? that may be a rangers line of defense...... Or what about engie traps set permanently until they are tripped.

Thats not fair you worked hard on your build and killed meh!! We have to get that changed so I don't die anymore without having to use my 3 brain cells** to think of a work around tactic against it , Enough with the whining about a flaw when one build is matched against another. heck why not then make all attributes restricted and lowered to 4 and watch all die from the creatures on the map, and as for no invisibility, if your that worried place down an invisibility removal ward, or wait that's an engie item, so if you can't use that and say rationality is canceled, then heck go out as a group all invisible and all harm him at same time. Sad that you already know what magic protection one has cast by looking at the icons above the head, the fun of that was wasting your ethereal trying to cast on someone who had magic immune on. taking all the fun of tactics out of the game. no aha's any more. :)

Honestly pathetic that there be any question about about modifying builds or maps, to each there own and no one build should be the flawless or rule them all. Pro's and cons are a fact of life and allows one build to beat another by using the smarts and tactics. heck a naked player, MM caped player passing through a pk map to complete a quest, or harvester dying should be a suicide bomb and instantly kill the geared up player that attack a defenseless foe. imo any player build should be able to kill another if they play there skills, tactics, ingenuity, and know how to utilize, heck even an unstoppable death move should have some way some how to be countered. So then it would come to the strategical group effort to watch each others backs and and win the battle.

;)

**cause 2 brain cells fighting and the third is wondering around lost up there.

Edited by Zephlix

:P i dislike it, magic may be the only defense to a mixer that's there naked as go to kill them while for pki or there product while your all spiffed out. I'm sure a mage with his gear doesn't want to die to your build either. or is it the surprise of a mage attack when you were planing on killing them as there naked what worries ya'll? Leave the map be and take the gamble. or change it and remove bricks from the game. no engie? that may be a rangers line of defense...... Or what about engie traps set permanently until they are tripped.

Thats not fair you worked hard on your build and killed meh!! We have to get that changed so I don't die anymore without having to use my 3 brain cells** to think of a work around tactic against it , Enough with the whining about a flaw when one build is matched against another. heck why not then make all attributes restricted and lowered to 4 and watch all die from the creatures on the map, and as for no invisibility, if your that worried place down an invisibility removal ward, or wait that's an engie item, so if you can't use that and say rationality is canceled, then heck go out as a group all invisible and all harm him at same time. Sad that you already know what magic protection one has cast by looking at the icons above the head, the fun of that was wasting your ethereal trying to cast on someone who had magic immune on. taking all the fun of tactics out of the game. no aha's any more. ;)

Honestly pathetic that there be any question about about modifying builds or maps, to each there own and no one build should be the flawless or rule them all. Pro's and cons are a fact of life and allows one build to beat another by using the smarts and tactics. heck a naked player, MM caped player passing through a pk map to complete a quest, or harvester dying should be a suicide bomb and instantly kill the geared up player that attack a defenseless foe. imo any player build should be able to kill another if they play there skills, tactics, ingenuity, and know how to utilize, heck even an unstoppable death move should have some way some how to be countered. So then it would come to the strategical group effort to watch each others backs and and win the battle.

:o

**cause 2 brain cells fighting and the third is wondering around lost up there.

First and foremost, the intended purpose of a PK map with no storage likely wasn't for mixers to go in a hax the no cooldown thing... :)

Second, since the purpose of the map was to be an "Old-school feel" PK map, why not try to make the map's properties more, um... old-school? You seem to be missing the point. No one is complaining that "OMG som1 wurkd harder than meh, nao i n44b." People are just saying that when they walk into a map that's supposed to be old-school, all of these ridiculously new features are being used.

-Item restriction: Armors; Iron set or below, Weapons; Tit serp or below (no glowings are allowed)

-No summoning tweaking: No multisummons like acw (or maybe just old summons, up to fluffy rabbit)

-No magic tweaking: Harm and MD should be effected by only magic level like old times, full restore

-No new pots: No accu/eva invis and TS pots (maybe no GHP's too, they give 80 HP, would be OP'ed)

Those would make a map oldschool. And I really think that people would love it there.

My 2 lira's,

-Kaddy

actually, up to MC with summon ^^

but to really have the oldschool pk back you would need to remove attribute caps too :D

no new medallions (MoL for example) and those mana burn rings

My 2 lira's,

-Kaddy

actually, up to MC with summon ^^

but to really have the oldschool pk back you would need to remove attribute caps too :D

no new medallions (MoL for example) and those mana burn rings

Yes but we try to suggest something that is possible to be done in-game, removing attribute caps is impossible I guess.

I'm ok with no new meds ;)

-Kaddy

I still dislike it, sorry for ranting, if mages are a prob just get a bunch a rangers to take em out

if you put all those limits in TD then only peps that would be useful in there is p/c a/d fighters. a waste of a map to any other build, when you could just make a huge arena to do that type of a thing.

or make changes to the arena in td to have those effects implemented, i really don't see the point of doing it to a whole map just to allow fighters only use of the map.

yeah i'm a ranger and a future engie so i will put up a stink, throw down some wards and shoot the mages before they get close to you and go out in teams and use tactics, which is part of the reason for the attribute cap anyways

note so a soloer can kick but or a mage kick but, but more of a guild kick but and use the differ skills.

These changes would undermine the efforts of players using non-fighter builds. Also, since alternative builds rely on teamwork to take down strong fighters, it would undermine group tactics.

Why should players form squads or train magic or put pick points towards rationality or perception instead of physic or coordination when they can't use them? There aren't a lot of outdoor pk areas that allow drops and no others that cancel rostogols.

The spirit of Tahraji is that you can't just cop out of attacking someone with a rostogol stone. You take a real chance of losing all that expensive equipment if you venture there. It's the only map in the game that equalizes players this way.

Leave Tahraji the way it is. :)

Sigh, OLDSCHOOL PK MAP Lotus & Zephlix. There wasn't any rangers, mages, engineers back then.. That map is meant to be oldschool PK.. currently, it's not. Making the map the oldschool PK map it's supposed to be shouldn't be a problem.. and if it is it shouldn't be labeled the "oldshool PK" map.

Sigh, OLDSCHOOL PK MAP Lotus & Zephlix. There wasn't any rangers, mages, engineers back then.. That map is meant to be oldschool PK.. currently, it's not. Making the map the oldschool PK map it's supposed to be shouldn't be a problem.. and if it is it shouldn't be labeled the "oldshool PK" map.

Sigh, Kav, you know logic doesn't fly here bud. :)

I still dislike it, sorry for ranting, if mages are a prob just get a bunch a rangers to take em out

if you put all those limits in TD then only peps that would be useful in there is p/c a/d fighters. a waste of a map to any other build, when you could just make a huge arena to do that type of a thing.

or make changes to the arena in td to have those effects implemented, i really don't see the point of doing it to a whole map just to allow fighters only use of the map.

yeah i'm a ranger and a future engie so i will put up a stink, throw down some wards and shoot the mages before they get close to you and go out in teams and use tactics, which is part of the reason for the attribute cap anyways

note so a soloer can kick but or a mage kick but, but more of a guild kick but and use the differ skills.

Yes, exactly, it will favor melee fighters. Shame you weren't here in days of oldschool PKing, because then people really fought with sword, not their bows or spells. As for rangers vs. mage, that just doesn't make any sense. It's so easy for a mage to run from rangers. Much harder to run for a group of fighters(if they're clever and don't lose their MI to a ward, which will happen to rangers too more than likely). Oh, and it's really hard to understand what you're trying to say in your posts.

These changes would undermine the efforts of players using non-fighter builds. Also, since alternative builds rely on teamwork to take down strong fighters, it would undermine group tactics.

Why should players form squads or train magic or put pick points towards rationality or perception instead of physic or coordination when they can't use them? There aren't a lot of outdoor pk areas that allow drops and no others that cancel rostogols.

The spirit of Tahraji is that you can't just cop out of attacking someone with a rostogol stone. You take a real chance of losing all that expensive equipment if you venture there. It's the only map in the game that equalizes players this way.

Leave Tahraji the way it is. :icon13:

How often do you PK at TD? I do go there sometimes and havent seen you around :) After all, it's supposed to be oldschool PK map, not no-cooldown paradise for mixers. Some of the few who've gone there with expensive stuff have lost it to invis-harming mage. Without them people could actually go PKing there, now it's just not worth it, somebody will harm you to death anyway.

Oh, and the original idea. I love it :)

Edited by FeLkkU

Why change a map to satisfy only like 20 players and one class. when it gives every class an opportunity, and it's just as easy to cast magic immune to protect ones self from a mage

:whistle: thick.. very thick skull you have. it's MEANT to be an oldschool PK map, not some bloody tea party where you and your buddies can go mix in an empty map with 1 second cooldown. clearly you cannot grasp the concept of OLDSCHOOL PK but if somehow you manage then you'll see why the map isn't there to satisfy all classes, as all classes weren't around in OLDSCHOOL PK. :whistle:

Why change a map to satisfy only like 20 players and one class. when it gives every class an opportunity, and it's just as easy to cast magic immune to protect ones self from a mage
It seems better for 20 or so players (or one class) to use the map, since now almost nobody uses it at all. Why let the map stay unused for no good reason?

Btw, i agree with the changes originally proposed, and i would add restrictions on ranging a bit, because you die fast to a ranger without COL.

It seems better for 20 or so players (or one class) to use the map, since now almost nobody uses it at all. Why let the map stay unused for no good reason?

Btw, i agree with the changes originally proposed, and i would add restrictions on ranging a bit, because you die fast to a ranger without COL.

:rolleyes:

This is a classless game.

Get your best gear, prepare to go to TD and pm me. I will demonstrate why no one goes there. Bring a friend.

RSVP