Eternal Lands Official Forums
Canabtzedec

P2P for everyone!

Some common complaints:

- Harvest medallions still break a lot... BUT it's a free game.

- 'Someone BrOD'ed my expensive stuff' ... BUT again, it's free to play.

- Critical failures... I hate critical failures ... I don't like when anything breaks, lol...

I'm not sure what other complaints are out there, but this idea could work for other things:

Harvester P2P - $x/year Yearly "harvester medallion perk"

Unbreakable P2P - $x/year Yearly "unbreakable perk"

Saving 'stone' P2P - $x/year Yearly "saving stone perk"

No More Tears P2P - $x/year Yearly No More Tears perk (any perk or cape could be a yearly fee!)

All these features already exist in the game, and I'm not asking for something for nothing.

It seems like it's a matter of figuring out a value for each feature and implementing as P2P.

It dosen't change the 'world' at all really. We'd just paying directly instead of through breakages.

I'll gladly pay $5/year to make harvesting mini-events and harv medallion breakages go away. Sign me up, lol.

Some common complaints:

- Critical failures... I hate critical failures ... I don't like when anything breaks, lol...

I'm not sure what other complaints are out there, but this idea could work for other things:

Harvester P2P - $x/year Yearly "harvester medallion perk"

Unbreakable P2P - $x/year Yearly "unbreakable perk"

No More Tears P2P - $x/year Yearly No More Tears perk (any perk or cape could be a yearly fee!)

All these features already exist in the game, and I'm not asking for something for nothing.

It seems like it's a matter of figuring out a value for each feature and implementing as P2P.

It dosen't change the 'world' at all really. We'd just paying directly instead of through breakages.

I'll gladly pay $5/year to make harvesting mini-events and harv medallion breakages go away. Sign me up, lol.

Though this sounds great, $5 for a year of NMT would make anyone happy. Seeing as $5 is much less than the cost of the cape. This also goes for the unbreakable. The price of the items that you save is much greater than 5$. IMO, this will only give newbies more to compete with/get ahead of others faster. There is no reason to add a kink into the p2p. With all of the weapons and armor in these times, even the advantage of no p2p fighting books seems a little outdated. Though this sounds great, I think it would require more than 5$ to do so. This will also give the money players more of an advantage over the ones who play strictly by the game and use no outside usd. Though it is their choice, this only adds +1 to the money players and -1 to the hardworking gamers. Great idea, just think it has too many consequences.

No way in Underworld this is gonna happen. Pay to remove pretty much every negative aspect of the game, seriously asking for too much here.

Yes, it would drastically change EL. I don't think you comprehend just how much of an effect those things have on the economy.

(Heading off the "economy is already bad" whiners ... implement these things and you'll think the economy was great now in comparison.)

;)

Edited by amar

Read first, comment later.

The idea is good.

I am sure nothing will be implemented that has too great effects on the economy without enough $ to compensate trough new additions to the game.

You're suggesting that if you pay x$ amount per year, you don't lose ings?

Edit:. I'm not flaming or anything but it did sound funny to me :)

Edited by hussam

Benefits for $ has been suggested before. There are a few that already exist, like buying items from the shop.

I doubt this will ever happen and I'm glad. I don't like the idea that people with lots of money will have a significant advantage over people without as much spare income. This is an old argument.

The main thing I was getting at was the 'Harvester subscription'.

I wasn't setting a price, I shouldn't have given an example. I didn't say I want NMT perk for $5, lol... read more carefully...

I figured fighting books and different looks (existing p2p 'perk') were worth more than a harv medallion perk is all... I can't understand the 'economy' in this game, I can only try.

The whole point was that Entropy could set prices... Set NMT at $100 for all I care, lol

I'm trying to give ideas that I think will ALLOW people to spend money.

Why ALLOW? Most shop stuff is sorta useless for new players unless they spend a bunch of human PP.

The only thing I can think of other than a name change I can USE would be a dragon helm, but

I didn't see 'em listed. Maybe I'm blind... it did take me about 5 emails and a week to get my name changed, lol...

(I'm o/a 82, human nexus 3 and NOT ONCE have I said 'damn I shoulda had a rosto' ... my equipment's worth less than a rosto!!!)

No way in Underworld this is gonna happen. Pay to remove pretty much every negative aspect of the game, seriously asking for too much here.

Yes, it would drastically change EL. I don't think you comprehend just how much of an effect those things have on the economy.

(Heading off the "economy is already bad" whiners ... implement these things and you'll think the economy was great now in comparison.)

yes, but this would be solved by

Economy P2P - $x/year Yearly "unaffected by wrecked economy"

scnr

(PS: i'm not saying its wrecked)

Edited by Gilrain

The whole point was that Entropy could set prices... Set NMT at $100 for all I care, lol

If NMT perk was to be sold in el shop, it would probably sell at 500 USD or more. it's worth that much and more

i think this suggestion got hijacked from me saying something really similar in ch 6 lol...bur srsly, harv med perk would be awesome

Edited by hobobob38

I like the idea but 5$ for something that is going to last a year is to little considering you have to pay 100$ just for a sword that you might drop or break

Nah. This would just cause people to bitch and leave quicker. Plus, implementation of this idea seems as if it wouldn't be worth the trouble in the end, as shop prices would require some retooling.

This would only lead to more complaining.

I have suggested a buyable perk: non-stop harvester, at 5 USD/month on cnanel 6, only effect is to not stop during mini-events, nothing else, and I even promised to buy it for 1 whole year, still no luck.

So though I'd love to see some minor convenience benefits for p2p, (I like the game, but nothing available in the shop appeals to me) I don't think much will be added. And seriously 5 USD/Y for a harveester medallion perk, is simply to low, they cost ~7k gc each, and I breake 2 or more each week, that's way more than 5 USD/Y