Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DarElik

Vooten Bids Farewell

Well, it's been fun, but it's time for Vooten to say goodbye. He said he got a better paying job at McDonald's down the street and he's leaving EL. (I think it's that cute little latino girl that works there, but I'll take his word for it). :hug:

Anyway, I've got too much work going on with other stuff and don't even feel like digging back into his code to make the new protocol changes that are coming, nor do I feel it's worth keeping him going anymore anyway. There's still PLENTY of tradebots around, so nobody's gonna notice he's gone anyway. :)

This project did get me jump started in programming and I enjoyed it and learned a LOT from it. :(

Vooten and I would like to note some people that have our thanks for the help they gave us:

CrusadingKnight - For even putting his RedKnight code out there for me to find 3+ years ago, and pointing me in the right direction when I was first starting.

Soldus - For helping me get the bot registered and answering a few off-the-wall questions back then.

Trojan_Knight & Scorpion_King - For all the help they and their guild supplied on main and test servers helping test stuff out as I was developing new features.

Kanver - For several early bug-fixes, problem solving and new feature coding.

Entropy, Roja & the rest of the dev crew - For even having a place Vooten could call home for 3+ years.

And, last, but definitely not least:

Wage - Without this guy, I would probably still be coding in Pig-Latin and spaghetti. It's probably safe to say that 25% or more of the final re-written code was his.

Thanks everybody for some memorable fun running this bot!

Vooten Wincentus - Mar 13, 2006 - Jan 24, 2010 - RIP

-D-

I remember being a newbie, joining my first guild, and suddenly there was this stranger in DP greeting me, and I thought it was really cool and interesting to see that in local chat (and ofc that it also refected on me :)) Took me a while to realise, it was a bot called Vooten, but still, he was one of the things that in a funny way, kinda made the game come to life for me.

Thank you for keeping him around all this time, and Vooten... rest in pieces :(

Wage - Without this guy, I would probably still be coding in Pig-Latin and spaghetti. It's probably safe to say that 25% or more of the final re-written code was his.

Thanks a bunch, -D-.

It's probably also safe to say that I was responsible for 70% of the bugs, too :P

But anyway, it's been fun. Farewell, Vooten and try not to sell the rest of those swords to your new customers, will ya? :)

Seeing Vooten everytime i went into Dp with his Blue ally GOD tag helped remind me of the old history of ~LE~. Helped keep me focused on what the guild was founded on. GOD is the oldest Ally ~LE~ has from the days when TK was the gm. So rest well Vooten. and hope to see you back again someday Dar :) .

SK GM ~LE~

Seeing Vooten everytime i went into Dp with his Blue ally GOD tag helped remind me of the old history of ~LE~. Helped keep me focused on what the guild was founded on. GOD is the oldest Ally ~LE~ has from the days when TK was the gm. So rest well Vooten. and hope to see you back again someday Dar :pickaxe: .

SK GM ~LE~

Oh, I pop in from time to time. Just been working on a lot of other things lately. Just thought it was time to give Voot a rest. Who knows, maybe he'll log in as a normal fellow now and then or may come back as a bot again if I ever get around to finishing up the re-write I had started. Never know. :)

-D-