Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
amar

pro instances

Well IMO alot of ppl loses their rostos/degrade their expensive stuff thru doing alot of instances. Invasion and training and possibly PK (*cough* who am I kidding. Nobody degrades their armor at DPA) Also degrades armor/weapons but instances makes up a majority of it. Point is that this kind of stuff keeps radu happy :P so why would u think he would take away the shortcuts for the cooldown ? Tbh if he didn't want there to be shortcuts we wouldn't have gotten the choice of invasion tokens/serpent stones and he won't have added the RD scales either.. I mean; common sense :omg:

Well IMO alot of ppl loses their rostos/degrade their expensive stuff thru doing alot of instances. Invasion and training and possibly PK (*cough* who am I kidding. Nobody degrades their armor at DPA) Also degrades armor/weapons but instances makes up a majority of it. Point is that this kind of stuff keeps radu happy :P so why would u think he would take away the shortcuts for the cooldown ? Tbh if he didn't want there to be shortcuts we wouldn't have gotten the choice of invasion tokens/serpent stones and he won't have added the RD scales either.. I mean; common sense :omg:

TC, People are making the suggestion of removing the removal of wait time because others are asking for a certain drop to be removed since they are having a hard time selling it and turning a profit from instances when they use invasion tokens to reduce wait time. (wow, could i say remove a few more times?)

Of course radu won't take away any options that burn rostos and degrade items faster, but the other 2 'of courses' that have to be realized here is that of course it is much harder to turn a profit when everyone on your team uses tokens to do multi instances a day, and of course you aren't going to be able to sell drops for high prices when the market is saturated from people farming instances. Something else that needs to be remembered is also that the pr0 (and almost pr0?) level instance is the only level where you have a chance to get nexus removals or HoS removals. So already this level has a pretty nice profit edge.

I was discussing this thread with a pr0 instance level player and I mentioned that the MM stone is equivalent to getting the harv med or ROP drop in the lower level instances. They made the really good point that anyone can use a harv med or rop, but not just anyone can use an MM stone. An MM stone has to be sold for the team to profit off it. Its a good point. It made me wonder if people would be happier if the MM stone drop was replaced with a ROP drop. But then again, chr0nik makes a good point about cheap MM removals, but people have to be willing to sell for cheap and not cry about it.

Yes Nova, I was just replying to Chosen and Dilly's comment on removing the reducing of cooldown :P

Also on topic; I believe that yes the MM removal should be kept cheap since alot of n00bies get MM perk thinking it's a good idea til they get to Orc/ogre and decide they want to multi-train. But however; I feel like teH "pr0" instances is alot harder and more advance then all te other instance. Even high a/d players always has a chance of dying. So I feel like their "drops/rewards" for risking their rostos/the time they spent killing every BD and every bulas should be rewarded greatly. Why not move the MM drop from the "pr0" instances to teh "n00b" instances. That way the MM removal can still come into the game. And for those complaining about a stablized price for MM removals.. There is always a team rdy for the 60-80s and 80-100s instances; so the MM drops will still come (maybe not as much as they do now) so the price migt increase alittle but will still be in n00bies's reach :omg:

Even high a/d players always has a chance of dying.

Everyone is supposed to have a chance of dying in an instance. I've died plenty of times in them too. If the pro instance is so hard, why am I always hearing about ppl doing it with a 4 person team (+ extra just to get in)?

Why not move the MM drop from the "pr0" instances to teh "n00b" instances. That way the MM removal can still come into the game. And for those complaining about a stablized price for MM removals.. There is always a team rdy for the 60-80s and 80-100s instances; so the MM drops will still come (maybe not as much as they do now) so the price migt increase alittle but will still be in n00bies's reach :omg:

Sure, as long as the nexus removals and HoS, etc get moved there too. The pro instance already has the best drops of all the instances. Stop the whining!

Yes Nova, I was just replying to Chosen and Dilly's comment on removing the reducing of cooldown :omg:

yes i know.... thats why I replied as I did.....

But however; I feel like teH "pr0" instances is alot harder and more advance then all the other instance Even high a/d players always has a chance of dying. So I feel like their "drops/rewards" for risking their rostos/the time they spent killing every BD and every bulas should be rewarded greatly....(snip)

Now here may be the real root of this post. :/ the pr0 instance matches the level of the players running it, just like all the others, especially since the addition of the almost pr0 level. EVERYONE has a chance of dying, especially people who go in with the smallest team possible and try to get thru it as fast as possible. Pr0 instance level players already have the chance for lots of drops that the other levels don't get. They get a chance for nexus removals, hos removals, and shop coupons. On top of that they always get to take away dragon scales too. Seems to me that the pr0 instance levels already get rewarded greatly because of their mighty a/d prowess.

Edited by Nova

Yes Nova, I was just replying to Chosen and Dilly's comment on removing the reducing of cooldown :P

But however; I feel like teH "pr0" instances is alot harder and more advance then all te other instance. Even high a/d players always has a chance of dying. So I feel like their "drops/rewards" for risking their rostos/the time they spent killing every BD and every bulas should be rewarded greatly.

Yes it's so hard it even takes 3 top 50 guys to finish it :confused:

Can you show me a team of 3 finishing any other instance?

And every time I've been in instance(agreed, not too many, I haven't used items to reduce cooldown) at least 2 players have died.

Well, naturally it takes much longer to train to levels required to finish pro instance but I don't think it is as "uber-hard" as you're saying, for the strongest fighters.

I would tend to think that those who have lower levels, possibly(likely) less than adequate magic levels, supplies, armor, weapons, EMU, fighting knowledge would have just as much chance to die as the higher leveled experienced fighters.

Your chances of succeeding are only as good as the team...some days you have 5min to spare at the end, other times you have more but either way you are putting yourself out there and taking a risk.

You don't do instances to get rich, you learn that quickly at any level...but if you do get something out of it, be grateful. :P

What was the question again? :confused:

But however; I feel like teH "pr0" instances is alot harder and more advance then all te other instance. Even high a/d players always has a chance of dying. So I feel like their "drops/rewards" for risking their rostos/the time they spent killing every BD and every bulas should be rewarded greatly.

Yes it's so hard it even takes 3 top 50 guys to finish it :confused:

Can you show me a team of 3 finishing any other instance?

And every time I've been in instance(agreed, not too many, I haven't used items to reduce cooldown) at least 2 players have died.

Well, naturally it takes much longer to train to levels required to finish pro instance but I don't think it is as "uber-hard" as you're saying, for the strongest fighters.

Yes we did the "almost pr0" instance with 3 fighters finished it without loosing an rosto. But it seems according to my experience that optimal amount of fighters fighting the instance looking at time, loot , stuff needed are 4 fighters . using 5th fighter just lower instance time to about 45min.

Well IMO alot of ppl loses their rostos/degrade their expensive stuff thru doing alot of instances. Invasion and training and possibly PK (*cough* who am I kidding. Nobody degrades their armor at DPA) Also degrades armor/weapons but instances makes up a majority of it. Point is that this kind of stuff keeps radu happy :D so why would u think he would take away the shortcuts for the cooldown ? Tbh if he didn't want there to be shortcuts we wouldn't have gotten the choice of invasion tokens/serpent stones and he won't have added the RD scales either.. I mean; common sense :P

thats right :P

Doing instance is fun, the more the better. !!! :P

Doing instance is fun, the more the better. !!! :confused:

Having fun, doesn't always automatically mean making hax profits all the time and that's what several people have been trying to make clear.

It's a choice to do that many instances, and that choice comes with the price of having to invest in Tokens, or scales or serpent stones. And then the additional price of having the value of instance drops go down because of marketoverflow.

By the way, RD scale price crashed because so many came ingame from the pr0est instance ^^.

Just make pr0 instances harder to complete. :bangwall: Prices go up, people have more fun.

How about making an uber instance that is for 140+ so the very high level people can't farm the 120-140 one? Make it the same thing, but replace the bulangui with mare bulangui or something, and maybe replace red/black dragons with ice dragons. Just a couple of ideas. I'm not in that fighting class yet so I'm not sure if that's too big of a jump, but a couple of changes like that, with the instance otherwise the same would likely be an easy change to make.

About the difficulty of an instance.

I think there is an big cap between an trained fixed team and peeps that goes once a while.

So making it harder will be inflicted to those who don't go so often.

Instances are cap'd in 20 a/d levels beside the pr0 , so an 140+ instance sounds logical .

Just make pr0 instances harder to complete. :) Prices go up, people have more fun.

How about making an uber instance that is for 140+ so the very high level people can't farm the 120-140 one? Make it the same thing, but replace the bulangui with mare bulangui or something, and maybe replace red/black dragons with ice dragons. Just a couple of ideas. I'm not in that fighting class yet so I'm not sure if that's too big of a jump, but a couple of changes like that, with the instance otherwise the same would likely be an easy change to make.

u have to consider the fact that there's not alot of ppl 140s+ a/d and even if there was a decent amount; let's say 20 ppl. In those 20 ppl; 4 of those ppl don't play anymore. Mostlikely another 4 are not interested in instances. Another 4 are trying to sell their chars and only pks during their EL session. That leaves 8 players that are interested. Those 8 players are probally scattered among many guildies (most likely pk guilds since they train a/d) so those 8 players are in differnt pk guilds... Are all pk guildies "sugar and spice and evrything nice" to each others ? :bangwall: so those 8 ppl split up into 2 or 3 groups.. Leaving them with not enough ppl to go into the 140s a/d instances. (btw if u look at the a/d rankings u see that only a few got into the 160s range. And with most of the pr0s in EL being only 140s-low 150s that's like 60s a/d player going into the n00b instance (60-80) so they WILL struggle and mostlikely not b able to complete the instance) So somehow unless we all hold hands and start having tea parties and sleepover in kf and pillow fights and play with our Barbie dollhou.. Errhm. Srry was getting a tad offtopic there :P so point is: with the current amount of players with the approbiate a/d and the "relationship with each other" to go into an instance with trust that someone wont bj u and say "your brown tag. We don't care" being slim. Dont count on another lvl for instances. Otherwise no one in their right mind will go with 5 ppl to a 140s instance and "have fun" . That kind of outcome results in less rostos and breakage in the game = not a happy radu D: so let's have some fun and statisfy the big kahuna and do an instance! And lose a couple of rostos while your at it :D

so maybe take that wall of text into consideration and make the +140 lvl instance doable with a team of 3 to 4 instead of needing at least 6. If more people come up to the right a/d levels then the instance could be tweaked.

so maybe take that wall of text into consideration and make the +140 lvl instance doable with a team of 3 to 4 instead of needing at least 6. If more people come up to the right a/d levels then the instance could be tweaked.

The 140s a/d instance can not be that much harder then teh current 120s a/d since we (once again) only have a handful of interested players. So 3-4 ppl can not take out a spawn of male bulas without a death in every 2-4 MB :bangwall: IMO there is no need for another lvl until the current EL population greatly increase and catchs up in a/d to the now current pr0s

The 140s a/d instance can not be that much harder then teh current 120s a/d since we (once again) only have a handful of interested players. So 3-4 ppl can not take out a spawn of male bulas without a death in every 2-4 MB :bangwall: IMO there is no need for another lvl until the current EL population greatly increase and catchs up in a/d to the now current pr0s

(once again) take into consideration that there would be only 3-4 people doing this theoretical new instance and adjust the waves/mobs accordingly. Radu's an eduacated guy, I figured if he thought the idea was good he would be able to make something tailored to the growing number of +140s players. If 4 high a/d people can blow thru the current pr0 level instance then maybe there should be a new higher level. If its hard to get enough of those level players together to do one, maybe for awhile it can be on a smaller scale. As more people rise to the levels to get in, it could be developed. I didn't say anything about waves of multiple bulas, I simply offered a possible solution to the problem you brought up.

The 140s a/d instance can not be that much harder then teh current 120s a/d since we (once again) only have a handful of interested players. So 3-4 ppl can not take out a spawn of male bulas without a death in every 2-4 MB :P IMO there is no need for another lvl until the current EL population greatly increase and catchs up in a/d to the now current pr0s

(once again) take into consideration that there would be only 3-4 people doing this theoretical new instance and adjust the waves/mobs accordingly. Radu's an eduacated guy, I figured if he thought the idea was good he would be able to make something tailored to the growing number of +140s players. If 4 high a/d people can blow thru the current pr0 level instance then maybe there should be a new higher level. If its hard to get enough of those level players together to do one, maybe for awhile it can be on a smaller scale. As more people rise to the levels to get in, it could be developed. I didn't say anything about waves of multiple bulas, I simply offered a possible solution to the problem you brought up.

lol they don't "blow right thru it" like every other instance out there they have bad days and good. They've lose 7 rosto in one day as a team and sometimes only one or two ! Just cause they like to take more chanced then the average Joe doesn't mean they don't do the instanc without difficulties :bangwall: and yes. Your reply would be valid and reasonable if it was implanted with the right lvl of monster and drops equivilent to the amount of effort they put in entering the instances :D

some days they may be unlucky and lose some rostos, I've been in enough instance teams both the semi-pr0 as the pr0 one) that cleared the instance in under an hour with only 4 fighters and a mule without any casualties to know for certaing that losing that many rostos must have been on a very bad day.

The instances should be run for fun not farming purposes.

/thread

ol they don't "blow right thru it" like every other instance out there they have bad days and good. They've lose 7 rosto in one day as a team and sometimes only one or two !

Is that 7 rostos an instance, or 7 rostos total for the 4 instances they do each day? Anyone who's knocking off 3 or 4 instances a day can't be having *too much* difficulty.