Eternal Lands Official Forums
Chosen

Problems (again..)

Today I formatted my PC, I first installed Windows 7, but most of my stuff isn't supported, done the same with Vista, and had problems with my motherboard, funny thing is EL worked on both fine.. I've now gone back to XP, and EL doesn't work.. I've done all the drivers for my computer, nothing changes it.. Error log says:

Log started at 2010-01-21 18:10:53 localtime (GMT Standard Time)

[18:10:53] Error: Server profile not found in servers.lst for server: Lands\el.exe". Failover to server: main.

[18:10:53] Using the server profile: main

[18:10:53] Window size adjusted to 1018x706

I uninstalled EL, and reinstalled it, uninstalled my graphics card drivers and re-updated them (They're working fine according to device manager)..

Anyways, EL doesn't even load, it just crashes about 2-4 seconds after I run the el.exe

Any help would be great :/

#Edit - Spelling.

Edited by Chosen

#Edit - That didn't work.. I'm close to giving up with this, downloading another game thats similar to see if it's an issue with EL or my drivers, but according to Windows it's a problem with EL, considering my graphics card is working fine.

I just re-downloaded a new EL, reinstalled and nothing, so I'm just about done for answers.

#Edit2 - Most recent error log as I tried to change the EL.ini but nothing worked just this:

Log started at 2010-01-21 20:39:28 localtime (GMT Standard Time)

[20:39:28] Error: Server profile not found in servers.lst for server: Lands\el.exe". Failover to server: main.

[20:39:28] Using the server profile: main

[20:39:28] Window size adjusted to 794x568

On second thoughts it could be a driver related issue, but I was using the exact same drivers before I formatted my PC and everything worked then, so I don't know.

------------------

AppName: el.exe AppVer: 1.5.0.0 ModName: atioglxx.dll

ModVer: 6.14.10.8544 Offset: 0051aaae

That's the error from Windows when EL crashes.

Edited by Chosen

On second thoughts it could be a driver related issue, but I was using the exact same drivers before I formatted my PC and everything worked then, so I don't know.

Sometimes the latest driver doesnt work, had that here on my comp and installed an older version to fix the problem.

Are you sure that you used the same version number of the driver earlier?

Piper

Assuming that you already have the latest drivers available, searching on google for similar problems I've seen suggestions of fiddling with the options of the Catalyst Control Center - maybe you have the same drivers as before, but the ATI catalyst control center is configured differently: try to see if you have settings about shaders or AI function.

I'm sure, nothing has been released since yesterday lol..

ATi Radeon 9600.. Driver version 9.11

Windows XP

Same as yesterday.. Just doesn't want to work today, I deleted the servers.lst and created a new one, didn't change anything.

Same as yesterday.. Just doesn't want to work today, I deleted the servers.lst and created a new one, didn't change anything.

The message about server.lst is not related to the crash: happens almost always on windows because the Target field in the EL shortcut doesn't specify a server.

Since there is nothing else in the error_log, it's most likely that the problem is with your opengl, have you already tried the other suggestions?

- using older drivers

- or turning off options in the Catalyst control center (especially stuff related to shaders and water)

I just installed that other game, runs fine on my comp.. Whilst not posting I installed DirectX 9, made no changes to EL running, I had a look around the CCC options, made no difference.. I've got some older drivers ready to use, don't think it will make much difference. :/

#Edit - Installed Korrode's drivers, all that did was make me be able to get to the log in screen, I go to log in and it crashes.. Error log:

Log started at 2010-01-22 14:08:38 localtime (GMT Standard Time)

[14:08:38] Error: Server profile not found in servers.lst for server: Lands\el.exe". Failover to server: main.

[14:08:38] Using the server profile: main

[14:08:38] Window size adjusted to 794x568

[14:08:44] Hmm... This mode seems to fall back in software 'acceleration'.

Trying to disable the stencil buffer.

[14:08:49] Hmm... No luck without a stencil buffer either...

Let's try one more thing...

[14:08:56] Damn, it seems that you are out of luck, we are in the software mode now, so the game will be veeeeery slow. If you DO have a 3D accelerated card, try to update your OpenGl drivers...

[14:08:56] Couldn't find the GL_ARB_multitexture extension, not using it...

[14:08:56] Couldn't find the GL_EXT_compiled_vertex_array extension, not using it...

[14:08:56] Couldn't find the GL_ARB_point_sprite extension, not using it...

[14:08:56] Couldn't find the GL_ARB_texture_compression extension, not using it...

[14:08:56] Couldn't find the GL_EXT_texture_compression_s3tc extension, not using it...

[14:08:56] Couldn't find the GL_SGIS_generate_mipmap extension, not using it...

[14:08:56] Couldn't find the GL_ARB_shadow extension, not using it...

[14:08:56] Couldn't find the GL_ARB_vertex_buffer_object extension, not using it...

[14:08:56] Couldn't find the GL_EXT_framebuffer_object extension, not using it...

[14:08:56] Couldn't find the GL_EXT_draw_range_elements extension, not using it...

[14:08:56] Couldn't find the GL_ARB_texture_non_power_of_two extension, not using it...

[14:08:56] Couldn't find the GL_ARB_fragment_program extension, not using it...

[14:08:56] Couldn't find the GL_ARB_vertex_program extension, not using it...

[14:08:56] Couldn't find the GL_ARB_fragment_shader extension, not using it...

[14:08:56] Couldn't find the GL_ARB_vertex_shader extension, not using it...

[14:08:56] Couldn't find the GL_ARB_shader_objects extension, not using it...

[14:08:56] Couldn't find the GL_ARB_shading_language_100 extension, not using it...

[14:08:56] Couldn't find the GL_ARB_texture_mirrored_repeat extension, not using it...

[14:08:56] Couldn't find the GL_ARB_texture_rectangle extension, not using it...

[14:08:56] Couldn't find the GL_EXT_fog_coord extension, not using it...

[14:08:56] Couldn't find the GL_ATI_texture_compression_3dc extension, not using it...

[14:08:56] Couldn't find the GL_EXT_texture_compression_latc extension, not using it...

[14:08:57] Error opening sound configuration file

[14:09:00] Error: Can't open file "quest.log"

[14:09:00] * server www.eternal-lands.com filename http://www.eternal-lands.com/updates180/files.lst

[14:09:00] Downloading http://www.eternal-lands.com/updates180/files.lst from www.eternal-lands.com

[14:09:01] Error: Can't open file "alias.ini"

[14:09:01] Finished downloading http://www.eternal-lands.com/updates180/files.lst

[14:09:01] * server www.eternal-lands.com filename http://www.eternal-lands.com/updates/custom_files.lst

[14:09:01] Downloading http://www.eternal-lands.com/updates/custom_files.lst from www.eternal-lands.com

[14:09:01] Finished downloading http://www.eternal-lands.com/updates/custom_files.lst

[14:09:02] Language changed, was [en] now [en]

[14:09:28] Error: Can't open file "spells_chosen.dat"

Edited by Chosen

I cant prove a thing, but, when i was out of town over the holidays, I DL'd/installed there. Had eerily similar symptoms ( P IV / 500 mb Ram / XP). I went through all the gyrations of updating drivers, deselecting video options and closing before I launched game (over and over). On the verge of accepting the failure I then noticed that all the DL sites were EU/mirrors, went to CNET DL center, retrieved from there and it worked. Been in puters long long time, so I know how it sounds. At least it wont take long to try it.

You messed up something installing the driver i linked to. Try again.

Even try extracting the driver (using for eg. WinRAR) and manually installing it by updating your video card driver through Device Manager.

[14:08:44] Hmm... This mode seems to fall back in software 'acceleration'.

Trying to disable the stencil buffer.

[14:08:49] Hmm... No luck without a stencil buffer either...

Let's try one more thing...

[14:08:56] Damn, it seems that you are out of luck, we are in the software mode now, so the game will be veeeeery slow. If you DO have a 3D accelerated card, try to update your OpenGl drivers...

Can you turn on 3D support somewhere in the graphics card driver's settings?

Piper

I done what you said Korrode, uninstalled the drivers, uninstalled the graphics card, rebooted, installed.. Same problem.

Tried what you said Piper, nothing happened. (Changed some settings, 3D stuff was already on, tried it with it off also, no difference.)

Tried what you said Piper, nothing happened. (Changed some settings, 3D stuff was already on, tried it with it off also, no difference.)

Well, then i have right now no more ideas. You say, 3d support is on, EL can't find it according to your error_log.txt and crashes.

Piper

When I start EL instead of it saying:

Eternal Lands Client (Chosen Main) - Or something similar it says:

SDL_app

Does that mean anything to you guys?

Is there anyone else who'd know why EL would come us as SDL_app instead of Chosen on Main?

This is so frustrating. ;(

Because the client crashes before it could do SDL_WM_SetCaption("Eternal Lands").

Piper

I'm sure, nothing has been released since yesterday lol..

ATi Radeon 9600.. Driver version 9.11

Windows XP

Catalyst Control Center 9.12 Date Posted 12/17/2009

But since your other tries to install a driver failed or went wrong somehow, I got little hope this will help.

You really got no probs with other OpenGL games?

Having similar error

Error_log

Log started at 2010-01-23 21:00:52 localtime (E. South America Daylight Time)

[21:00:52] Error: Server profile not found in servers.lst for server: Lands\el.exe". Failover to server: main.
[21:00:52] Using the server profile: main
[21:00:52] Window size adjusted to 1018x714
[21:00:53] GL_ARB_multitexture extension found, using it.
[21:00:53] GL_EXT_compiled_vertex_array extension found, using it.
[21:00:53] GL_ARB_point_sprite extension found, using it.
[21:00:53] GL_ARB_texture_compression extension found, using it.
[21:00:53] GL_EXT_texture_compression_s3tc extension found, using it.
[21:00:53] GL_SGIS_generate_mipmap extension found, using it.
[21:00:53] GL_ARB_shadow extension found, using it.
[21:00:53] GL_ARB_vertex_buffer_object extension found, using it.
[21:00:53] GL_EXT_framebuffer_object extension found, using it.
[21:00:53] GL_EXT_draw_range_elements extension found, using it.
[21:00:53] GL_ARB_texture_non_power_of_two extension found, using it.
[21:00:53] GL_ARB_fragment_program extension found, using it.
[21:00:53] GL_ARB_vertex_program extension found, using it.
[21:00:53] GL_ARB_fragment_shader extension found, using it.
[21:00:53] GL_ARB_vertex_shader extension found, using it.
[21:00:53] GL_ARB_shader_objects extension found, using it.
[21:00:53] GL_ARB_shading_language_100 extension found, using it.
[21:00:53] Couldn't find the GL_ARB_texture_mirrored_repeat extension, not using it...
[21:00:53] GL_ARB_texture_rectangle extension found, NOT using it...
[21:00:53] GL_EXT_fog_coord extension found, NOT using it...
[21:00:53] Couldn't find the GL_ATI_texture_compression_3dc extension, not using it...
[21:00:53] Couldn't find the GL_EXT_texture_compression_latc extension, not using it...
[21:00:55] Error opening sound configuration file
[21:01:08] * server www.eternal-lands.com filename http://www.eternal-lands.com/updates180/files.lst
[21:01:08] Downloading http://www.eternal-lands.com/updates180/files.lst from www.eternal-lands.com
[21:01:08] Error: Can't open file "alias.ini"
[21:01:09] Finished downloading http://www.eternal-lands.com/updates180/files.lst
[21:01:30] * server www.eternal-lands.com filename http://www.eternal-lands.com/updates/custom_files.lst
[21:01:30] Downloading http://www.eternal-lands.com/updates/custom_files.lst from www.eternal-lands.com
[21:01:30] Finished downloading http://www.eternal-lands.com/updates/custom_files.lst
[21:08:18] Client closed

chatlog

[21:00:53] GL_ARB_multitexture extension found, using it.
[21:00:53] GL_ARB_texture_env_combine extension found, using it.
[21:00:53] GL_EXT_compiled_vertex_array extension found, using it.
[21:00:53] GL_ARB_point_sprite extension found, using it.
[21:00:53] GL_ARB_texture_compression extension found, using it.
[21:00:53] GL_EXT_texture_compression_s3tc extension found, using it.
[21:00:53] GL_SGIS_generate_mipmap extension found, using it.
[21:00:53] GL_ARB_shadow extension found, using it.
[21:00:53] GL_ARB_vertex_buffer_object extension found, using it.
[21:00:53] GL_EXT_framebuffer_object extension found, using it.
[21:00:53] GL_EXT_draw_range_elements extension found, using it.
[21:00:53] GL_ARB_texture_non_power_of_two extension found, using it.
[21:00:53] GL_ARB_fragment_program extension found, using it.
[21:00:53] GL_ARB_vertex_program extension found, using it.
[21:00:53] GL_ARB_fragment_shader extension found, using it.
[21:00:53] GL_ARB_vertex_shader extension found, using it.
[21:00:53] GL_ARB_shader_objects extension found, using it.
[21:00:53] GL_ARB_shading_language_100 extension found, using it.
[21:00:53] Couldn't find the GL_ARB_texture_mirrored_repeat extension, not using it...
[21:00:53] GL_ARB_texture_rectangle extension found, NOT using it...
[21:00:53] GL_EXT_fog_coord extension found, NOT using it...
[21:00:53] Couldn't find the GL_ATI_texture_compression_3dc extension, not using it...
[21:00:53] Couldn't find the GL_EXT_texture_compression_latc extension, not using it...
[21:00:55] Using vertex program for actor animation.
[21:00:55] Error opening sound configuration file
[21:01:08] The location of the data files in use is c:\Program Files\Eternal Lands/
[21:01:08] Your personal settings and logs will be saved in C:\Users\jose.borba.neto\Documents/Eternal Lands/main/
[21:01:08] Connecting to Server...
[21:01:29] Can't connect to server :(
[21:01:29] Press any key to try again.
[21:01:29] Press Alt-x to close the game
[21:01:38] Connecting to Server...
[21:01:59] Can't connect to server :(
[21:01:59] Press any key to try again.
[21:01:59] Press Alt-x to close the game

The difference is that client dont crash, just dont log in

Anything to do with DNS provider?

I'm not 100% sure on openGL games, the one I'm playing/can play atm is DirectX I think, but not 100% sure.. Anyways I'm going to do some windows updates, since I formatted so windows is up to date, maybe that'll work.

I'm done, ty for the help guys.

I updated Windows (now fully upto date.) Uninstalled everything to do with my graphics card, then I uninstalled the graphics card, restarted the PC, and reinstalled the drivers Korrode said.

And EL still crashes with the same error.

Thanks anyways.

Log started at 2010-01-21 20:39:28 localtime (GMT Standard Time)

[20:39:28] Error: Server profile not found in servers.lst for server: Lands\el.exe". Failover to server: main.

[20:39:28] Using the server profile: main

[20:39:28] Window size adjusted to 794x568

Having similar error

Error_log

[21:00:52] Error: Server profile not found in servers.lst for server: Lands\el.exe". Failover to server: main.

[21:00:52] Using the server profile: main

The difference is that client dont crash, just dont log in

Anything to do with DNS provider?

I got it solved when i changed the internet provider

I was in my GF home on my notebook and EL didnt worked getting the message quoted above.

Today in my beloved HOME, away from her mother evil influence, everything worked pretty fine.

Chosen, if i was you, i would try to talk to you internet service provider or network admin to check if is there any sort os firewalls, or anything alike blocking you to access the EL server

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.