Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Skelos

Animal evolution

It would be nice if some maps animals could grow and evolve during the fight. For example, with a 5% chance, a green snake could become a Sslessar and disappear at the end of combat (in case of death of the player) do to avoid damage to other players.

A white rabbit becomes fluffier, an orc becomes legionary, I'll have to pass on this idea. For two reasons.

Evolution does not occur overnight, much less over the course of a single battle.

This would scare players into not fighting creatures as much and thus the a/d gap widens. For one thing, I would have never trained on orcs if they could become armed or legionary.

The evolution would be restricted to animals only a few maps, and may be at night. This would not be a criterion for all animals. And Just for NOT instance creatures...

Edited by Skelos

this is an insane idea, do you want to make all noobs quit when they keep losing stuff when a rabbit "evolves" into a fluff and kills them? and not only noobs...i would pretty much quit el if this happened....horrible idea

Edited by hobobob38

I kinda like it actually, smaller then 5% though, much smaller, like .01%... And it should only be possible for summons. Plus seeing as a lot of the pk is in dpa or dpa2 or kf it would be 40 or 60 a/d any ways or nd so who cares. Kinda like sum times you accidentally summon 2 'cus of charm

It shouldn't be possible for a normal spawn in my opinion.

Maybe even charm could increase the chance to summon one by .02% or something. And maybe .02% per summoning level.

But in the case that this happens, It shouldn't be healable in my opinion, and should lose hp faster then a normal summon. It would be nice to get some extra exp though if you where to summon one :P

Then fluffys for rabbits, grizzly's for black bears. Pw for skeleton, sslessar for snake, ect ect

Edited by Kalix

And it should only be possible for summons. ... kinda like sum times you accidentally summon 2 'cus of charm

Now this actually makes sense. Summons are created by magic and are by their nature unstable (the die soon, are hard to control, and sometimes generate more than you tried to create). Adding a very rare chance that the spell creates something different/stronger would be fun.

I have to agree with the posts above, creatures becoming something stronger while you fight it would suck.

The summoning idea would be better.

I kinda like it actually, smaller then 5% though, much smaller, like .01%... And it should only be possible for summons. Plus seeing as a lot of the pk is in dpa or dpa2 or kf it would be 40 or 60 a/d any ways or nd so who cares... kinda like sum times you accidentally summon 2 'cus of charm

It shouldn't be possible for a normal spawn in my opinion.

yeah this can be fun! but we may think, at this point, that the creature you summon can *not* be the one you wish to summon, intending this also that you can have a weaker creature than the desired one. p.e. if you summon an armed orc it could be a chance to have a giant OR an unarmed goblin...but say if you're summoning a dragon and comes a white rabbit...Fedora wouldn't be happy :(

anyway the original idea is not applicable imho: we have Lenny that just make this concept real, a random-spawning, random-powered creature that wanders c2 and can attack you while training on foxes...what you wish to have more?

what you wish to have more?

Small Leonard kittens plx, just like ants.

The original idea here is weird, rather have a few % chance per minute to give the mob some % increase in strength+size. Small changes, not instant death while you are training...

And they shall call it "The Pokemon map".

Seriously, it sounds like you were watching too much Pokemon cartoons or playing that game.