Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Ignoble

Learning through Quests

I have just tried the alchemy quest (school in tropics in DP, can't remember the NPC name). and I have to say that this strikes me as a really good way to teach new players to the game a lot of stuff about how to play. There is lots of information about the use of essences etc., best places to get raw materials etc. etc. Well done Radu on the idea. What would be really good though is if there was a similar quest for each skill, with the emphasis on giving out information in each case. Perhaps then also when people go to see the priest/priestess of a particular god to become a worshipper, they could be directed to the appropriate quest.

I enjoy doing the quests generally and feel that they bring a lot to the game, but this particular one made an impression on me.

Cheers All!

Actually the best place to get some materials are not told in the quest - there are better places for some items.

I don't think I want to see this repeated for manufacturing. It would be too costly too poof a ice dragon armor.

Perhaps I should edit my previous post about "best place". It's not about saying go here to do this in the most efficient manner, it's about informing new players how they can make a good start on practicing a new skill. Giving them some incentive rather than them feeling overwhelmed about how difficult this game is, and quitting before they even get going.

Whether you 'poof' an ice dragon armour or not is entirely up to the player.

Edited by Ignoble