Eternal Lands Official Forums
Ateh

Traffic in NC Near Storage

Suggestion : There is a large rock structure next to NC storage, on one side it is saturated with bots, however the pathway to storage seems to be 1 tile wide and therefore only 1 person can walk through the gap between the rock structure and the map border. Its a really annoying feature of NC.

Suggestion is easy , widen the path to storage so more than 1 person can walk through the gap.

Reason Why : Its bloody annoying being made to walk the long way around the rock all the time.

Then sometimes when you are map walking you get stuck somehow and your character keeps walking back and forth between each side of the rock, I like the idea, very simple but it would help, nc is probably one of the more busy maps, you see people everywhere.

Its bloody annoying being made to walk the long way around the rock all the time.

If people are in your way, PK them.

Oh... wait... wrong server.

:)

Its bloody annoying being made to walk the long way around the rock all the time.

If people are in your way, PK them.

Oh... wait... wrong server.

:)

i doubt anyone would experience this prblem in NC on the PK server considering your most likely the only person on c1 nvm NC

Yay Ateh, I'm glad someone said it. :)

Could remove the rock completely as far as I'm concerned - darn thing!

NO!

The rock cannot be taken away from Nordcarn. It has both historical and cultural importance! We must not tamper with the environment. Seridians cause enough damage to the environment already.

Agreed. Just think of all that prime bot real estate going to waste... :)

Oh no :º( if you remove the rock... then where will my guild bot to rest when she is not trading?

Now seriously, 1 more step walkable wouldnt hurt anyone.

I think I remember this being suggested years ago, don't recall why it didn't go through, maybe god modes looking above and laughing everytime someone starts to go through then the bear blocks the path over and over :P that's what I'd do with god mode anyway :P

Edit: and yes I am easily amused ;)

Edited by SinS

Tell you what, how about we remove the rock and turn that area into a market place? I think that would be best suited for bot alley.

Tell you what, how about we remove the rock and turn that area into a market place? I think that would be best suited for bot alley.

A market place outside of the walls just seems wrong.

A market outside the walls there would likely make the situation worse. And it's not a market hell already? :)

The rock in itself may not need to go, but the combo of people who regularly use NC sto, the diamond and coal harvers going back and forth there from WS cave, the bear spawn, other critters who make their way there, and possibly the bots along the rock are doing something to the mapwalking that can leave people walking back and forth on one side of the rock several times before actually getting anywhere.

You head towards NC sto. Just as you get to the rock, someone/something shows up and your path changes and starts to walk around the north side of it. As you do this, the south side path clears and you turn around and go back to walk through the south side, only for another person/thing to show up and block it again which makes you go back north... during peak hours this can go on a while. My personal count was 5 times.

Trying to click to force my own movement change didn't really help so much. Just too high of a traffic area with too little space for people to move.

Just increasing the space on the south side of the rock somehow would put an end to the massive annoyance. May require a bot or two to be moved that's along it though. Also not a problem, as they are part of the reason that area is a hell to walk through anyway. (Add the slow-down that happens with each new character appearing on the screen for those with older systems and I'm surprised any of them go there without absolutely having to.)

as long as the proposed market had at least a 4 tile gap on either side to accomodate the smooth passing of players to and from sto, the market stalls would look much better than a large and obviously annoying rock

*edit* im saying tile like i know what im on ab00t ?

Edited by Ateh

You head towards NC sto. Just as you get to the rock, someone/something shows up and your path changes and starts to walk around the north side of it. As you do this, the south side path clears and you turn around and go back to walk through the south side, only for another person/thing to show up and block it again which makes you go back north... during peak hours this can go on a while. My personal count was 5 times.

Would it be possible to make people walking east- west take the north path and people walking west- east take the south path ?

This way could the rock stay without problem.

Sounds good to me...

I still kinda like the idea of a central market place... I realize people think tha bot placement is a huge deat, but let's think about this... If you can get a deal, you'd walk for it, no? It's really more about price than location, isn't it?

It's be so much easier if all the bots were on one map (and there was an easy way for anyone to get to that map...) imo...

It'd be so much easier for newbies too, finding a bot wouldn't be hard.

Maybe a command, similar to #beam me (and some central return point, or portals back out to several locations...) would make it sweet (once again, imo...)

Then no bots would ever be in the way (I realize this is about the rock, but it's also about the bots, if I'm interpreting right...) and there would always be a place for new bots (right beside the last one...)

Just my 2gc, I'm sure some won't like the idea, but please, don't kneejerk, think it out before you flame me :)

DB

I'm pretty sure the 'Rock Problem' pre-dates the 'Bot Problem' although for me personally all the bots there in their current locations hasn't seemed to be any inconvenience to me. In fact I find it handy as I play the pricing game with more distant bots a lot. Location, location, location :)

I'm pretty sure the 'Rock Problem' pre-dates the 'Bot Problem' although for me personally all the bots there in their current locations hasn't seemed to be any inconvenience to me. In fact I find it handy as I play the pricing game with more distant bots a lot. Location, location, location :)

Yeah, no disagreement there... But since the bots were brought into this idea, I thought why not kill two birds with on stone :medieval:

I agree, the rock is painful :)

Would be best if all bots would only be placed in marketplaces, but in this case some maps would need to be redone. Would be much cooler tho. And allow local chat, people always advertise their goods in marketplaces, no? :)