Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
handyman

Pk Server chars that are not being used take 2 lol

Today i had another forum message asking if i had any spare accounts for the PK server as someone wants to try the server out.

This happens quite alot. Not just with me but other players too. I was chatting with Bkc56 and we decided it would be good to keep a few accounts over here so players could try out the server. (Sorta try before you buy lol )

So i guess what i am suggesting is if anyone has any low lvl accounts they dont use we could put them to good use and also promote the server at the same time. forum pm me or Bkc if you are able to help thanks

I have had to repost this thread as the first one was just going off topic and it was turning more into an argument and was taking the focus of the true topic

Please keep this thread on topic :)

Thanks

Handy

Edited by handyman

I received one donation last night (thanks!). Hopefully more will follow so we can begin to assist the various people who have been PMing Handy.

Off topiic, but how many ppl still play PK serv atm regularly?

Off topic wont get a reply start a different thread.

Ok guys i have now got 3 players looking for a try before you buy account.

So any donations would be gratefuly excepted contact me or Bkc56

Thanks for your help

Handy

You guys need to face some cold, hard facts.

For a long time now I've fairly regularly seen attempts to try and attract new players to the PK server, usually in the form of offering accounts for free or as prizes in competitions on the main server.

I realise the PK server has a group of loyal players, but the simple fact is that it's not building a playerbase at any decent rate, afaik it's not currently even anywhere near it's previous peak.

I know you will read this and the first thing that will come to your mind is "fuck off Korrode, nothing you're saying is in any way helpful", so I'll be sure to end on the most helpful and truest note you'll hear:

The server's current setup isn't attractive to the vast majority of people. (Note i'm not saying no one at all would enjoy the server as it stands, but your candidates will be very limited.)

The server is meant to be this level-playing-field PvP server, producing an experience somewhat equivalent to say; Guild Wars. However, too much of 'original' EL's balance flaws remain, a 100 a/d cap alone, as the only "playing field leveller", simply is no where near enough.

If I was you, i'd focus my energies on trying to convince Radu to make certain changes, considering the lack of success of the server, one can only assume that logic would kick in and he'd be willing to change some things.

That's my view on the situation, take it or leave it.

You guys need to face some cold, hard facts.

For a long time now I've fairly regularly seen attempts to try and attract new players to the PK server, usually in the form of offering accounts for free or as prizes in competitions on the main server.

I realise the PK server has a group of loyal players, but the simple fact is that it's not building a playerbase at any decent rate, afaik it's not currently even anywhere near it's previous peak.

I know you will read this and the first thing that will come to your mind is "fuck off Korrode, nothing you're saying is in any way helpful", so I'll be sure to end on the most helpful and truest note you'll hear:

The server's current setup isn't attractive to the vast majority of people. (Note i'm not saying no one at all would enjoy the server as it stands, but your candidates will be very limited.)

The server is meant to be this level-playing-field PvP server, producing an experience somewhat equivalent to say; Guild Wars. However, too much of 'original' EL's balance flaws remain, a 100 a/d cap alone, as the only "playing field leveller", simply is no where near enough.

If I was you, i'd focus my energies on trying to convince Radu to make certain changes, considering the lack of success of the server, one can only assume that logic would kick in and he'd be willing to change some things.

That's my view on the situation, take it or leave it.

This thread has nothing to do with your post I didnt see anything in it about donating un-used chars.

I have already restarted this thread once because people posting off topic. Although you point might be a valid one it does not belong in this thread so if you want to reply to this then please start a new thread. I will be happy to debate issues and ideas with you as i have enough of my own that i think can help. But Please guys This thread is just about donations and anyone who would be interested in one.

I have had another forum pm asking for a char so now that is 4 players wanting to try this but we need all them un-used chars

Thanks Handy

All points considered, there are some really good ideas in your post, as well as in all of our heads. But the main wall that we always bump into is Radu. I'm sorry about my criticism, but it's the truth. Radu needs to change his opinion about the PK server and start treating it as his own property, his own creation and source of income. Saying "Pay me for the account, promote the server while I do nothing about it and you get nothing from it" to the loyal players is plain BS. It's like having a small shop with 5 regular buyers and some tourists coming by once in a while and doing nothing to promote it, and telling the buyers "You want discounts and better products? Go promote the shop - you buy here, not me."

All points considered, there are some really good ideas in your post, as well as in all of our heads. But the main wall that we always bump into is Radu. I'm sorry about my criticism, but it's the truth. Radu needs to change his opinion about the PK server and start treating it as his own property, his own creation and source of income. Saying "Pay me for the account, promote the server while I do nothing about it and you get nothing from it" to the loyal players is plain BS. It's like having a small shop with 5 regular buyers and some tourists coming by once in a while and doing nothing to promote it, and telling the buyers "You want discounts and better products? Go promote the shop - you buy here, not me."

PLS KEEP THIS THREAD ON TOPIC I HAVE STARTED ANOTHER ONE ABOUT PK SERVER DEBATES

Only post here if you are donating a char or want one thank you

Handy

Ok guys we have started to get some donations coming in and already have some new players on the pk server

Thanks to all of you that are helping out :)

If you want to try out the server pm Bkc56 and he will try to help you out

Have you got an old unwanted Pk server char that you dont need ? Keep them donations coming in thanks again

Handyman

And I also advise to post on "Who are you" thread when you get a donated char (in case you get to keep it lol) so that we don't get our hopes up for the old guys coming back lol

It would seem to me that the purpose of this "recycling" is to help new players come try out the server. If someone previously played and left they don't need to "try out" the server.

Also, there could be a significant delay between a request and a char becoming available, so if you have PayPal, or can afford the gc to pay someone for the gc->$$ conversion (there's an offer out there for 40K/Char) then do that.

This program is to help new players, who don't have PayPal, and honestly can't afford the gc.

OK well I have never played on the PK server and I dont have paypal nor am I likely to get paypal. I can wait to get 40kgc spare, will just take me some time. I kinda just wanted to try it first tho as i thought that was the purpose.

I kinda just wanted to try it first tho as i thought that was the purpose.

Loaners are perfectly OK (try before you buy).

I just want to save the limited chars for loaners (returned later), or people who truly don't have the $5/gc to get their own.

(Starlite has been setup with a loaner to try)

And I'd like to thank LewisCarroll for 6 char donations to the pool. MOST appreciated.

Edited by bkc56

I'm willing to volunteer Hardcore for tryouts, just need to change his password and he's good to go.

Are there any specific procedures to follow for this?

Are there any specific procedures to follow for this?

Just send the login:password to me or Handy as a forum PM and we'll take it from there.

Thus far, I seem to be collecting the chars, and handy seems to be collecting the requests, but that's not the intent, it's just what's been happening.

I'm keeping careful records of every donation and where it goes. If a char ends up not being used, I'll know who to give it back to should that become appropriate.

And Thanks.

Perhaps a series of contest/events on the pk server, with prizes awarded on the main server? If there are enough of these newbie level spare characters, they could be used for the contests. (Lent to the contestants)

There is a chance that a few who lost will change the pass AND not end up using the character, but maybe some would change the pass and play.. and others would give them back so more contests could be held. I would be willing to donate an alt for something like this.

If enough pk server players would log in for/participate/host the event, it could be a bit of a revival and maybe hook in some new players. Or is this a stupid idea? :pickaxe: