Eternal Lands Official Forums
handyman

PK server chars that are not being used

Today i had another forum message asking if i had any spare accounts for the PK server as someone wants to try the server out.

This happens quite alot. Not just with me but other players too. I was chatting with Bkc56 and we decided it would be good to keep a few accounts over here so players could try out the server. (Sorta try before you buy lol )

So i guess what i am suggesting is if anyone has any low lvl accounts they dont use we could put them to good use and also promote the server at the same time. forum pm me or Bkc if you are able to help thanks

Handy

There have to be scores of abandoned accounts out there from the frenzy of activity the first few months of the server. Accounts that will never get used again. It would be nice to have a supply of those abandoned accounts available to loan or give to people with an honest interest in coming over to play.

Mine would be more active there if I could remember my alts names on the PK server, pretty sure I had SinS and 2 alts there, one or maybe both alts I got from the person known as Mango, but it's been so long I don't recall their names, I know my alts used to tourment you handyman if you could help me remember their names :)

There has been many threads trying to recruit new players to the PK server for starters...

I only know of a few reasons why people left.

One of them being that nobody really PKs there. It's supposed to be a PK server but everyone mixes and gives others hell for killing newer players and a whole list of allies.

If you really want to attract more players then I suggest you rethink what it is that you are all doing over there.

Go out and kill each other and do it often. Make a "friend" only to set them up ftw in PK. (I know this may sound cruel but it is a PK server so shouldn't you do about anything for the kill?)

GET RID OF #ALLIES already.... This should have been an easy thought from the get-go.

There are probably many, many more ideas that could help but you gotta start with the basics if you want to make some changes.

There has been many threads trying to recruit new players to the PK server for starters...

One of them being that nobody really PKs there. It's supposed to be a PK server but everyone mixes and gives others hell for killing newer players and a whole list of allies.

If you really want to attract more players then I suggest you rethink what it is that you are all doing over there.

Go out and kill each other and do it often. Make a "friend" only to set them up ftw in PK. (I know this may sound cruel but it is a PK server so shouldn't you do about anything for the kill?)

GET RID OF #ALLIES already.... This should have been an easy thought from the get-go.

There are probably many, many more ideas that could help but you gotta start with the basics if you want to make some changes.

I see your normal non helpful post.

What has this got to do with this post asking for chars that are no longer used? on the other hand dont bother answering that or i might die or bordem ;)

SinS try orange, watermellon, mango and other such fruity names

Also your siggy is Pro i just get a head ache when i read it

Handy

Edited by handyman

Here are a few names that were here at the begining

Crus hades shyne chipmunk ryosuke michic0_oL Sl7yz0r Next valy_cs Duckman Antio Mussie EvilGeorge Dekke Aepox Private Samm Banana Satan Guller Purple Macca Sima TheFlyingPig Infection Malaca Kelix

Handy ;)

PaulB, your reasoning makes absolutely no sense ;) bbye

As to anyone with some old accounts, it would really be a great help to getting a few new players over to the PKserver. We keep getting new players but I guess too many leave so the active playerbase does not grow. I am sure more people would join if they could first try the server out with a free account.

What has this got to do with this post asking for chars that are no longer used? on the other hand dont bother answering that or i might die or bordem ;)

I was chatting with Bkc56 and we decided it would be good to keep a few accounts over here so players could try out the server. (Sorta try before you buy lol )

Handy

Well forgive me for putting the obvious reason this was posted here...

Forgot what you wrote already?

EDIT: Oh and before you start saying "Oh well you don't play on the PK server anymore, blah blah, blah" I actually a couple characters I play there and will not divulge who they are ^^

Edited by PaulB

What has this got to do with this post asking for chars that are no longer used? on the other hand dont bother answering that or i might die or bordem :)

I was chatting with Bkc56 and we decided it would be good to keep a few accounts over here so players could try out the server. (Sorta try before you buy lol )

Handy

Well forgive me for putting the obvious reason this was posted here...

Forgot what you wrote already?

EDIT: Oh and before you start saying "Oh well you don't play on the PK server anymore, blah blah, blah" I actually a couple characters I play there and will not divulge who they are ^^

Here he go's again

why do you always have to go off topic on posts?

If you have some chars to donate then pls do but if all you are trying to do is find ways of spamming threads just to get your forum count up then why not make some threads of your own. Then know one will care what dribble you want to preach.

If you decide to post on this thread again then make it about the topic pls If you have any accounts to donate thats great if not start a new thread of your own

Handy

My comment was on topic.

And with an added suggestion to boot.

You want more players on the PK server like it has been stated in many threads before (I didn't do all that searching "just to get my post count up")

I really don't believe that giving people newb characters/alts is going to gain a community over there. Simple as that.

Make it an actual "PK" server and people might join.

My comment was on topic.

And with an added suggestion to boot.

You want more players on the PK server like it has been stated in many threads before (I didn't do all that searching "just to get my post count up")

I really don't believe that giving people newb characters/alts is going to gain a community over there. Simple as that.

Make it an actual "PK" server and people might join.

Today i had another forum message asking if i had any spare accounts for the PK server as someone wants to try the server out.

This happens quite alot. Not just with me but other players too. I was chatting with Bkc56 and we decided it would be good to keep a few accounts over here so players could try out the server. (Sorta try before you buy lol )

So i guess what i am suggesting is if anyone has any low lvl accounts they dont use we could put them to good use and also promote the server at the same time. forum pm me or Bkc if you are able to help thanks

Handy

This topic is about all the unused chars out there and how we can put them to good use its not about reasons why the pk server is not busy or to see some sad person yet again trying to spam an otherwise good thread. what has searching through posts and posting loads of links got anything to do with asking players to donate un-used chars.

All you ever do is want to argue a different point altogether i will repost this thread and like i have already said if you dont have any chars to donate then pls dont post

handy

Remaking the same exact thread isn't going to solve the problem.

Someone feels the need to be stubborn like a 4 year old rather than listen to good advice.

But w/e doesn't really matter. Until you fix it on the players end there will be no increase in player base at the PK server I suspect ^^

Posting the same BS over and over again doesnt either.

Someone feels the need to be stubborn like a 4 year old rather than listen to good advice.

Exactly. So why do you post here?

But w/e doesn't really matter. Until you fix it on the players end there will be no increase in player base at the PK server I suspect ^^

Well, your posts here wont help either to increase the player base there.

Some players like Handy and BKC try to increase the player base, so why being so destructive?

Piper

I just wanted to point out that this thread (and it's 2nd version) aren't about solving any problems. There are plenty of other threads on that. This is simply about trying to recycle no longer used accounts to people who would like to try (and yea, perhaps later leave) the PK server.

Nothing more, nothing different.

Since this thread did seem to go off topic I'll use this one to thank you and leave the other one clear, I think the alt I had was named Orange, I still haven't been able to recall the password yet, but once I do figure it out again, I'll post in your other thread that it is available for donation to this cause :confused: