Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Conner

Desert Pines Canyon

Thousands of years ago, a huge meteroite hit in a heavly forested area of Eternal Lands. This meteroite landed on the main source of water for this forest, and casued it to dry up. In the process, a huge gash was formed in the earth. Over time, this forest died, almost all the trees dying. Legend has it that whomever finds the meteroite core will be granted everlasting luck and wealth.

Here are some things you might want to fix:

forest, and [casued] it to -- caused

[this] forest died,[] almost all the trees dying -- the :"died, with almost":

------------------------------------------------------------------

On the seconed one, I would rephrase the sentence a little bit. If you're using internet explorer, use quickfind (CTRL+F) to find the context.

Would you be interested in working this out into a full fledged legend? If so, please let me know even if you perhaps don't have time to work on it right now. This way I will know if it is in progress or abandoned. Thanks :blink:

Oh, I see, that will be great! So you and Connor were the same? I have "him" listed as a possibility so can I just combine yours and his stories then as far as that goes and mark you both active?

Chariste

If I build it up, do you want me to keep it in the same perspective(omnipitant third-person), or should I change it so that its written as though one person is telling another? (Like in a tavern, etc.)

I like the third person, it gives it a lot of scope and gives you more freedom to talk about how, maybe, the strike affected different people or what different explorers have done to find the core...plus, there has been some talk of new quests, this might make a great addition to that...

Come close and listen well, for I’ll tell you of a legend that most believe it false. I will tell you know, however, that it is all true.

Eons and eons ago, lush grasslands and heavy forests stretched across the north-western corner of a land called Seridia. It was filled with a peaceful, if primitive, people. These people didn't know pain, suffering, or war. They tended their herds contently, their world unchanging. One night, however, the lights in the sky were different. A single light grew brighter and brighter until it lit the night as though it was day. A great rock, aflame and falling from the sky, smashed into the nearby mountains. The indigenous people raced through the mountains to see what the great rock was. When they arrived they saw, to their dismay, that the great stone had hit the Iru Cèdruian, the source of all waters. Nothing of that mighty fountain remained, and water no longer flowed from it.

With the destruction of the fountain came the death of a way of life. The forests and grasses died, and with them the animals. Those who survived the impact had to adapt a new way of living. They began to pillage and raid the neighboring peoples, and began to develop new weapons. They were helped by a new metal they found in the great rock, on which was stronger than any iron or steel. The newly formed marauders left their homes to the desert. The great rock and Iru Cèdruian were lost to time. It is said, however, that whoever finds that great rock and is able to restore Iru Cèdruian will be blessed with eternal wealth and power.

So the choice is yours. Stay in your towns and woods, and let life slip you by. Or seize the opportunity and find and restore that which was lost. The choice, adventurer, is entirely up to you.

I wrote this as though it would be a quest given by an NPC in the game. What do you think?

Edited by Master_Templar

I think it's a great quest start! I'll run it past Roja, too, as we are getting closer (slowly ;)) to gearing up some new quests. I'm going to add this to the "queue" then, thanks for getting back so quick. :)

Chariste

It sounds nice as a quest except for one big thing:

What it is asking is for you to restore the source of all waters, and in doing so I would think that this would change quite a lot in at least one map! like, for instance, make the Kamara desert no longer a desert. Something such as this is not possible in EL.

I think however, what you can do, is keep it as a legend, and keep the part with the special metal there-because that is something that is possible to include in a quest even. Maybe eventually we'll have a new metal, and this metal has special properties to make some items that you can only get from this meteorite.

Ok I'm going to add this to the official Legend stories, but I will take out your last sentence..so it'll just be this:

Come close and listen well, for I’ll tell you of a legend that most believe it false. I will tell you know, however, that it is all true.

Eons and eons ago, lush grasslands and heavy forests stretched across the north-western corner of a land called Seridia. It was filled with a peaceful, if primitive, people. These people didn't know pain, suffering, or war. They tended their herds contently, their world unchanging. One night, however, the lights in the sky were different. A single light grew brighter and brighter until it lit the night as though it was day. A great rock, aflame and falling from the sky, smashed into the nearby mountains. The indigenous people raced through the mountains to see what the great rock was. When they arrived they saw, to their dismay, that the great stone had hit the Iru Cèdruian, the source of all waters. Nothing of that mighty fountain remained, and water no longer flowed from it.

With the destruction of the fountain came the death of a way of life. The forests and grasses died, and with them the animals. Those who survived the impact had to adapt a new way of living. They began to pillage and raid the neighboring peoples, and began to develop new weapons. They were helped by a new metal they found in the great rock, on which was stronger than any iron or steel. The newly formed marauders left their homes to the desert. The great rock and Iru Cèdruian were lost to time. It is said, however, that whoever finds that great rock and is able to restore Iru Cèdruian will be blessed with eternal wealth and power.

Is that ok? Anymore to add?