Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
sam3773

Fastest connection you've ever seen?

Hey Hey!! I was just wondering what the fastest Internet connection anyone has ever seen? I've just started working for the goverment and they have a 10mb connection in my department, thats the fastest i've ever seen.

The EL server is hosted on a 10MB connection, but it can go up to 100 MB if needed.

Anyway, I am very happy with my ADSL.

Guest Toyminator

"The Grid", its a expiriment that can handle 1000MB, it will be launched in The Netherlands in 2008/2009

Look at kernel.org:

Current bandwidth utilization 118.54 Mbit/s

Site news:

ISC has upgraded our outbound connection to 1000 Mbit/s. Thanks!

And that's happening now, not some time far in the future.

In my dorm there are 100mb/s switches. That goes along a 1000mb/s pipe to a gateway that drops you right onto a Qwest backbone :D . Also, we can access other schools that are on I2. It's as good as being on the same LAN.

Not bad for a "residential" connection. The only problem is that our upstream was limited to 50kb/s thanks to all the people using kazaa (so much upstream traffic that a significant percentage of ACK packets were getting lost when trying to download anything, killing everyone's bandwidth). Download is still all-you-can-eat though. I can download at several mb/s from anyone on I2 :wink:

Well i dont remember how fast it was supposed to be..

but it was an article about Fiber Optics being used as cables.. (unbeliveably fast)

Wow it looks more like a vending machine....

Anyone ever been to the Corning Glass Works in Wilmington?

They are makers of fiberoptics.

Then the Corning Glass Works in Corning, NY is makers of glass sculptures, plates, cups, lots of other things like ornaments, lights, lamp shades.

Really Really neat stuff. They have the largest connection I have seen...I do not remember, I think it was like 250-500 mb something like that.