Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Thyralax

Punwickle and his amazingly Spectacular Cloak

Some seasonal events involving our good old friend Mr Punwickle.

As always i'm quite sure chaos will ensue as we chase across the globe in a 8 day series of mini quests to help the poor fellow out.

More information will be posted about each event before they start and the story of old Punwickle's quest will be forged along with your help!

Having woke up after a very very long nap. the sort of nap you have after a large Sunday dinner ( you know the type with roasted chicken, a few to many roast potatoes and those horrible vegetables with the whole lot swimming on a lake of gravy) then you settle in your favourite arm chair in front of the roaring fire and promise yourself you’ll only have 40 winks. Then when you open your eyes you realise 356 days have passed you by. Ohh that only happens to the likes of Old Punwickle you say? Ahh you don’t know what it’s like then, still i’m sure you can imagine it? Well when your as old as Punwickle you'll understand (and he is a VERY VERY old gentleman despite that jolly skip in his stride, mischievous smile and playful twinkle in his eyes.)

Anyway after a bit of a stretch and a nip of something to help clear the old cobwebs (literal cobwebs mind you, those pesky spiders don’t respect a poor old gnome who naps for a year)

Old Punwickle decided to slip into his well worn boots and wrap his old bones up into his favourite travelling cloak when he made a startling discovery, that well worn, patched, crumpled and thread bare green lined woolen cloak was missing!

So he checked the usual places that you would put your favourite garment, under the bed, behind the fridge, on the cat all with no luck what so ever. Thus poor old Punwickle started to get a little panicked so he decided to check the less obvious places where no one would put thier favourite cloak, on the back of the chair, over the banisters, he even (whilst getting very desperate) decided to check the cloak hook on the back of the door and still it was no where to be found! Dumbfounded, confused and more than a little perplexed he decided quite adamantly that one of the imps had borrowed it (old punwickle would never accuse a thieving shiftey horrid little imp of theft).

So he did what any self respecting adventurous gnome would do. He started on a quest to find his most favourite missing cloak.

After a cup of tea and a sandwich of course.

Here follows Punwickle’s Quest for his Amazingly Spectacularly Mundane Cloak. But being a confused and lets admit it eccentric old gnome he is defiantly going to need the help of his friends.

Newbie Hide and Seek

Sunday 20th December later afternoon GMT

Old Punwickle is wandering c1 trying to remember where he may have left his cloak, so he is visiting all of the bars and Storages, if a newbie finds and trades him they will win a prize (no skill over 30) more experianced players can find thier old friend they just wont recieve a prize

Trivia Contest

Monday 21st December, Evening, GMT

Disheartened by his loss old punwickle is holding a trivia contest in an effort to find some one smart enough to help him find his missing cloak. (open to all)

2nd newbie hide and seek

Tuesday 22nd late morning GMT

Following clues gathered from the trivia contest old punwickle is again scouring c1 for his missing cloak this time travelling to general stores and storages. if a newbie finds and trades him they will win a prize (no skill over 30) more experianced players can find thier old friend they just wont recieve a prize

Punwickle's race to Victor

Wed 23rd early evening GMT

Following a tip off he has recieved old punwickle is racing to see his old friend Victor, in his haste he hasnt done his back pack up and is leaving a trail of pressents for people to pick up. (open to all)

Angry Monster INVASION

Thursday 24th early evening - late evening GMT

Old punwickle is led to believe that a monster has his cloak so he is scouring monster lairs, unfortunatly they dislike his rumaging through thier lairs and feeling rather sorry and hurt are gathering in thier lairs/maps and cheering them selves up by eating a few hapless hunters.

DISCLAIMER: This is a monster invasion so make sure you check your #il and if you go afk find a safe house, ceretain caves WILL NOT be safe (open to all)

Bag hunt

Thursday 24th through to saturday the 26th starts late evening

Punwickle has remembered he put some bags through out the land, maybe his cloak is in one of them, but he cant remember where he put them all, he does have a poem. limerick, riddle he made to remember where each is however. (open to all)

Cheer up old Punwickle

Saturday 26th late evening GMT

The normally ever cheerful punwickle is totally depressed by now, missing his favorite travelling cloak. any one who finds punwickle and tells him a CLEAN joke to cheer him up will win a prize. (open to all)

Find the Imp

Sunday 27th early evening GMT

Chase and hunt the speedy little thief, and shake him down for the cloak.

Old Enemies INVASION

Monday 28th late evening GMT Postponed one day from sunday to monday.

A large invasion over several maps, with places for low, mid, high and very high level fighters

With a pair of hide and seeks mixed into some of the maps.

Please stick to creatures appropriate for your levels, ample warning will be given in the punwickle thread, via blue message and in channel 6, as to where you can and cant fight

Please note this is an INVASION. so please make sure you afk in a safe place (as always isla prima will be completly safe as will Nordcarn)

Edited by Thyralax

And the quest begins with a pub crawl.... i mean starts with a trek to all the bars to see if the cloak was left there.

It started in Whitestone where several friendly people helped him look for his cloak, and after a few fruit juices and bit of a mess the inn keep threw them all out, so they weaved their way to grahams village where they found another pub, and a few more friends joined them. After once again getting thrown out by the landlord they made their way back to the city and into yet another tavern! Where with the help of a few more friends and a lot of empty glasses found out that Punwickle's cloak was in fact not pink, so they started again. Then from tavern to bar to pub to tavern they worked their way through every drinking establishment known to man or elf or gnome. Eventually Punwickle realised his cloak was no where to be found and decided to go home and have a very large bacon, cheese & sprout sandwich (funny how its only after visiting every ale house on seridia that something like that sounds even remotely appetizing?) well as he weaved and swayed his way across isla prima after visiting reca for a night cap, he though he would be able to run much better if he dropped all his belonging on the floor. (*sigh* and we wonder how he managed to lose his cloak)

Well the trivia contest is over

maitreya: 3 and the winner of the bonus santa hat

elveron 2

tpk36 2

xenamt 2

raytray 2

cool dude 1

brain 1

tigerclaw 1

nightraver 1

Well with all the smartest people in these fair lands gathered around the tavern tables, old punwickle asked them where he should look for his cloak, and none could come up with an answer :P rather perplexed and afterr a a few jars, he headed back off home again, tommorow he will try the general stores, where he went last year, for that cook pot fitting he won in good gnome keeping.

Hope you all had fun and remember its not the winning but how much you laugh :D

Hehe, thanks for the events. :P

"After once again getting thrown out by the landlord they made their way back to the city and into yet another tavern! Where with the help of a few more friends and a lot of empty glasses found out that Punwickle's cloak was in fact not pink, so they started again."

Did Punwickle forget during the trivia bowl in the tavern earlier? :D

Well he waw very adamant it was pink, and due to a memory problem... that has nothing to do with all these pubs he is visiting. he simply forgot. in fact just this morning he asked me if it was pink :D

Old grandfather punwickle skipped ran and hopped his way to his good friend victor, scattering so many goodies along the way. He has learnt that maybe possibly his cloak was taken by an adventuer, you know those horrible people that break into poor innocent monsters lairs, kill them and take thier gold? yeah I see from the look on your face that you know of them types. Well this particular adventuer Colin, Whom was eaten by some monster in a dark dank cave.

So old punwickle will be searching monster lairs, tommorow after a little nap.

Angry Monsters Invasion.

This part of the Punwickle saga involves an invasion that takes place in the very lairs of several monsters, who are rioting!

Simple precautions for non combatants.

If a map has no natural hostile creatures on it, it will remain the same.

If your going afk its advisable to enter a house or beam me (just in case)

All inside storages will be safe so you can continue making the best of the #day :P

Well here lies the tragic end to punwickles search for colin, and the formation and quickly dismantled UMBRAGA

Old Punwickle donned his dingy green (blegh what a horrid colour) cloak and set off in the search of Colin or at least the remains of Colin. He started with the goblins picking through their stuff and lairs, with no luck at all (he did find a monocle that he thought was rather amazing and made him look quite dashing which he pocketed)

Then he trundled off to a known lair of the dead, surely Colin was defeated by some gargoyles. Well after a chat with a disgruntled skeleton about the benefits of eating a good healthy meal a day to puit meat on ya bones he set off again.

To to an orc party, these poor ravers were quite surprised when little old Punwickle turned up, and rather embarrassingly hid round the back till he was gone.

He then tried a large bald fellow, with a portly girth and smelly feet, which Punwickle sprayed with lavender oil which in turn just made the ogre sneeze and made his feet stink even worse! (imagine lavender and mouldy cheese).

Punwickle then visited more and more monsters, he searched the martial bed of a pair of warrior orcs, in the loin cloth of a one eyed giant (that was a really unpleasant place to search, how do you get mushrooms growing down there?), under the bloodied bone strewn burrow of a rabbit, in the mouths of a wolf in the desert and one in the mountains, in the plumage of a giant bird and in the ear of a monstrous and rather stupid giant. He even climbed down the throat of a DRAGON... and found no sign of Colin. Infact no one has ever heard of an adventurer named Colin. So he once again trundled off home to have a cup of tea and some shortbread to cheer himself up

Here is the first and probably only meeting of UMBRAGA (the union of monsters for basic rights against gnomes & adventurers)

The Completely (and maybe) rightly upset afore mentioned monsters met on a barren desert to discuss actions to be taken against Gnomes and adventurers for invading their homes and ransacking their lairs on what seems like an hourly basis.

As can be expected the goblins were quickly eaten by the ogres, the orcs cowered from the Cyclops and the cockatrices chassed the fluffy rabbits and chimereans all over the place. Chaos ensued until one of the giants at the Meeting, stopped, looked at everyone and simply grunted "RIOT" probably the only word he knew and well with that big hammer in hand no one was about to dispute him, so they all went back to their lairs with a single purpose a RIOT until their demands were met...unfortunately having been caught up in the bloodlust of the moment, the members of the newly formed UMBRAGA hadn’t even thought about what those demands could be.

Edited by Thyralax

Whilst having his cuppa tea old pucwickle did remember he made some hyper space treasure bags and may have put his cloak in them.... wish we had known this before he upset all those monsters.

We found an old note in his diary from last year with some gold and special items in them. Unfortunatly he cant remember the coords to them... he did make a cryptic note to remind himself. which hasnt quite worked.

If anyone can locate the bags they may keep the items with in....however if you find his special missing cloak he would like it back.

bag #1

Where the crystal rests under a tree.

the red wolves play in the sun

and the white rabbit runs free.

bag #2

Beside the deer

Shaking hands filled with fear

Escape the terror with a joyous sigh

bag #3

Tink, tink tink, all gather for precious stones

Joyous singing and stomping boots over head

Following the path that she fled.

bag #4

An old man wanders known by all

a robber and a mugger, who preys on the young

seeking shelter besides a mum

If you locate a bag please mention it here, as one of them has a very special item with in.

If the bags arnt found with in 12 hours a clue will be given. and then another 12 hours after that.

Ohhh and Merry Christmas to all :P

I've been working hard on figuring out the riddle for bag #3. but I have to leave town for the day, so no more searching for me but I really want someone to find it. An unfound hyperbag is a sad thing. I hope you can use my thoughts as a jumping off point to solve the rest of the riddle.

bag #3

I believe the first two lines describe the EVTR mines under the tavern.

Line 3 is the tricky one, "Following the path that she fled".

I'm having trouble figuring out who SHE is and what PATH means. It could be a literal path, or a figurative path, like a profession.

She could be a person, maybe one of the NPCs in the map? I also thought maybe it could be the ship that has run aground. Ships are referred to as female. There's also a girl statue in the shrine...

I spent quite a bit of time and more than a few keys on this one and didn't find it. Good luck to everyone hunting and I look forward to hearing the solution.

Merry Christmas!

Jen

Okay guys a hint

It wont be long, climb a ladder i'll soon be home

P.s: Sorry for the delay in the hint, but had guests round

Edited by Thyralax

Well it seems that the last hyperbag was found (who ever found it it would be nice if you posted here for us to see),

It was in naralik catacombs, near the emeralds btw

Poo, I've been harvesting there regularly and thought it might have been there. Though the 'she fled' part led me astray me. Who had fled the emeralds?

panting for breath terrified and feeling very very affraid Colin the imp, grabbed a strange box in the pocket of that there cloak, square and finely crafted and on it was a message written by punwickle himself "Do not OPEN, no i mean it dont open under any circumstances, even if your about to be fried and eaten." well with a warning like that he just peeked in (could you honestly say you could resist?) and BAM, smoke, dust and he was elsewhere very very scared and alone. and the box was growling at him a high pitched voice that sent a chill down his spine, he had heard that sound before.....

Stay tuned as tommorow evening GMT, that creature will escape the prison and make poor old punwickle pay for all those years of imprisonment along with its horde of monsters... (Yes that means an Invasion)

OOC: And well done everyone on giving that imp a run for his money :pickaxe:

Colin the imp couldnt ressit opening the box, and as the screams issued forth he knew what he had done was a bad (it wasnt just the scream of anger, but that helped as a little imp he learnt to trust that little niggling feeling of terror as a time to flee) pouring out of the box were a horde of critters, ancient enemies of old punwickle and much much worse. His in laws was with them Billy, Kimmy and they were as angry as ever. Old punwickle fled to shelter under his bed but the brave heroes of Draia came to the rescue and after a titanic battle in hurquin, Kimmy and billy and all thier family are back in the box.

Good Job every one :P

Well that end this years seasonal events. I hope you all had fun and if you have any comments, critisisms or anything else constructive please put them here.

I would also like to thank everyone who helped, joined in and donated to the cause.

And a big thank you to all of you for participating.

And im sure old punwickle and his adventures will be back next year after he has a bit of a nap and a nettle tea :D