Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Elf_Ninja

Possible Spells

Ok was thinking the other day (i know dangerous right?) anyways came up with some possible spells:

Defense Bubble:

Temporarily creates a bubble (all spaces around you) around you in which you cannot be attacked physically but can be attacked magically, pushes creatures away. casting this spell with cause Magic Immunity to end if you have it active on yourself. Spell cool down is 10 sec with this spell(maybe?) Effect duration is based on magic lvl and rationality.

Magic Lvl-?

Sigils-Create, Temporary, Air, Protection

Ess- Magic ess and Air ess (amount tbd)

Mana- 50?

Uses:Escape a horde of creature in an invasion, refill your mana real quick, etc.

Bubble Breaker:

Destroys enemies Defense Bubble but also drops your Magic Immunity.

Magic lvl- +5 lvls above Defense bubble requirement

Sigils-Destroy, Magic, Air, Protection

Ess- Magic, Air, Death?

mana- 55?

Uses: mostly pk to drop someones bubble.

Remote Renewal:

Remotely heals up to 3 nearby targets 10hp every 15 sec. Spell consumes 1 HE and 3 mana every 15 seconds until it is ended either by casting another defensive spell or HE/mana runs out. Can only be cast on others not the caster.

Magic Lvl- 75?

Sigils-Increase, Global, Health, Protection

Ess- 20 magic ess to cast plus 1 HE every 15 sec.

Mana- 45 to cast plus 3 mana every 15 sec.

Uses: group fighting with a mage becomes more possible

They pry need some tuning let me know what you think :)

Edit:speslslsing

Edited by Elf_Ninja

I wish so much there would be new spells. I've seen a bunch of new idea. (i cant find links of dugurs ideas atm). But also, i would like to see some new middle class spells, not only high end. Because big spells use lots of mana and are therefore not often in use while combat with swords takes action. This would push el to an edge thou where mostly spells are used in combat, or too often when they are too good. I also like to play with the sigils and come up with many many other fancy spells. *wonders if i should start making a list here* Maybe make it so that the ppl with the 10 most inventive spells get some prices. maybe radu finds it hard to come up with some good spells on his own. *shrugs*

Only to give you an idea of how many spells are possible:

Variations with n elements and k types : n! over (n-k)!

Result: 165765600 Variations

Kombinations = Variations, without regard for the order : n! over k! (n-k)!

Result: 230230 ; what a magical number =)

.. and what about .. if there was some secret formulas, that we can only get if we finish a quest ?

That means they would not be meantioned in the encyclopedia.

Edited by SolarStar

.. and what about .. if there was some secret formulas, that we can only get if we finish a quest ?

I think this is an awesome idea :) i'm all about anything quests

-maybe a sigil you can only get after you have completed a quest?

Edited by Elf_Ninja

I think this is an awesome idea :) i'm all about anything quests

-maybe a sigil you can only get after you have completed a quest?

Great idea :icon13:

I'm curious. How would this affect other players near you and how big of a bubble is it?

Would it be possible for another player to be in your bubble after you cast this?

If so, would this act differently if the person was an ally/enemy/stranger?

If another person is allowed to be in your bubble, is that person shoved out of the bubble when they cast spells, summon or try to attack someone?

You would want the bubble to end when the person that is the focus of the bubble summons, right?

I'm curious. How would this affect other players near you and how big of a bubble is it?

Not sure what is possible with engine. This would be nice to be like the 9 squares around you pushing or tele the monsters/players to nearby available squares, but might have to be just the square your on.

Would it be possible for another player to be in your bubble after you cast this?

other then those in your own guild being able to be in bubble i don't know if it's possible since EL doesn't have a secondary party system that would allow for the inclusions of others in your bubble. That being said could lead to some nice guild fighting strategy if it is possible to have secondary persons in your bubble, groups could restock mana while others fight etc. But those included in your bubble would have to be standing next to you when spell was cast.

If so, would this act differently if the person was an ally/enemy/stranger?

Possibly, it could require more mana to include someone else in the bubble if that is possible to program, # of people increases the amount of mana by X amount per person up to 9 people if it can be cast on the 9 squares around you.

If another person is allowed to be in your bubble, is that person shoved out of the bubble when they cast spells, summon or try to attack someone?

I think easiest way to do this would be if they attack or cast while in your bubble it drops the bubble around both of you, since it is in theory a defensive only spell and would need a counter to drop it early if an attack was initiated. I think it would be overpowered if you could have someone in with you that could attack and have no consequence.

You would want the bubble to end when the person that is the focus of the bubble summons, right?

Right :), or target someone with bow etc.

good idea, tbh, would be nice if a programmer would post and tell how hard such spells would be to create, so that we can get an idea if it is even possible

that heal over time would be a very nice spell for instances.

Get like 1 mule, 7 fighters, and a mage/summoner.

good idea, tbh, would be nice if a programmer would post and tell how hard such spells would be to create, so that we can get an idea if it is even possible

I know several games where there is a heal over time spell so it is probably possible...

well, damage over time spells exist(poison), so a HoT(heal over time) should be possible aswell